Never liked him, never hated him 81 24.85%
Yeah, I am beginning to hate him now. 45 13.80%
Sasuke deserves to die! A.S.S for life! 89 27.30%
Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-06-28, 17:12   Link #201
knubbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne
We know this, but Sasuke doesn't! We get to understand more of what's going on as readers, just because YOU know what Oro might be planning doesn't mean the characters know. Big deal, Naruto told Sasuke, but Naruto there also is there to bring him home, Sasuke could think Naruto is lying, telling him anything to get him to go back. So, that part of your "Wahh, Sasuke is evil!" idea is WRONG.
Sasuke pretty much said he didn't care. He didn't say anything about whether he believed Naruto or not, because that was trivial to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne
All Kakashi said is you won't become truely strong if you go to Oro, nothing else, READ the manga. But so what if Kakashi told him that, Kakashi also told him to give up his goal of killing Itachi. He said a sweet little speech about how he understands, blah, blah, blah, and that was it. He left him to think about it tied to a tree. Kakashi just talked, he never did anything more past that and left the rest to Sasuke. He left the boy when he needed him most, so Sasuke left. He wasn't getting stronger, no one was willing to help him, so he left. Oro said he could help Sasuke gain power, nothing more. As Sheen said Sasuke already made it clear as day he would do anything to gain the strenght needed to ill Itachi, he told them. No body listened to him, no body did anything, he's a child the adults should have notice Sasuke's suffering but they didn't or just chose to ingore it. Why stay, why should Sasuke stay, they weren't there for him, only team 7 and he is still loyal to them. He has no intension of harming them, he even thanked Sakura for her love before he left. Naruto is forcing the fight on the waterfall, not Sasuke, he told Naruto to go home, that he no longer needed to worry about him. If he betrayed Naruto, he would have attacked first, without warning or mercy. He would have killed Sakura and anyone else who got in his way, but he didn't, he wanted to leave peacefully. Leaf is the one starting this fight, not Sasuke, they want him back and not even because they want him back, but they worry about his eyes more than him. I say good for Sasuke leaving them, they have no right forcing him to do as they want anyway, the day his family and clan was killed was the day Leaf became nothing more to him than a place to live until he could leave.
Kakashi had a mission, he can't hold Sasuke's hand through every problem he faces. The Leaf is "starting" this fight because if Orochimaru gets his hands on Sasuke it's trouble for them. Sasuke started the fight when he left Konoha to join Orochimaru. He is the one at fault, so stop tryinig to make it seem like the Leaf ninjas are the one's being the aggressor's here.

However, I don't blame Sasuke for doing what he did. He has a huge gap to fill between him and Itachi and he has a better chance at filling it when training with Orochimaru, I reckon.
knubbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 18:01   Link #202
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
This is beautiful. Have any of you realize the irony that a thread about Sasuke always exist somewhere on the front page?

Some people hate Sasuke, some people love Sasuke, and because he is the most lovable and hatable character at the same time, people always find it fun to talk more about him isn't it?

Sasuke is not a bad character, he drives the story, and in order to drive the story he has to make stupid mistakes so that Naruto can gain glory. If he does not exist then for all I can tell Naruto would not have any plot.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 20:06   Link #203
Don Roberto
President of Euroslavia

Yeah, Ori does make a point. Looking through the pages I see that this thread is the "How could you not like Sasuke" thread all over again.
Don Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 17:56   Link #204
SpyderSidiouss
Banned

hes even cooler than before and him wearing the akatsuki robe reminds me of itachi especially the way hes real laid back about everything. "uh yeah, just tell me where the 8 tails is and how he looks.... k thanks." lol, after the water guy couldn't get the info out of him by force
SpyderSidiouss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 18:20   Link #205
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

"2004-06-28"

You're digging in long untouched threads just to praise Sasuke and bash Naruto.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 18:40   Link #206
SpyderSidiouss
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
"2004-06-28"

You're digging in long untouched threads just to praise Sasuke and bash Naruto.
errrmmm no. I'm posting in these threads because im tired of the same old threads up top everyday and i wanted to look at some other stuff. we not allowed to start our own threads because of clutter, and people always get reffered to post in old threads duh... so yeah thats right i post in a "2004" so what.
Old 2008-07-11, 22:07   Link #207
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

^Well I can agree with you there.

But this thread seems to be centered around the Sasuke betrayal arc.

Old 2008-07-12, 00:16   Link #208
theBrotherGrimm
Lord of the Wangetsugan!

Location: Annoying the crap out of Gai Maito with Kakashi-sensei
Sakuke go on and die!!!
theBrotherGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 11:50   Link #209
SpyderSidiouss
Banned

what an intelligent response.
Old 2008-07-12, 13:54   Link #210
Fyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderSidiouss View Post
You really should stop defending Sasuke or Bash Naruto in this forum, general opinion is strongly against Sasuke and should you try defend him you are quickly overwhelmed with rather pointless Sasuke insults like ''I hate Sasuke because he is EMO!!'', ''He is so FREAKING OP (This isn't multiplayer computer game) and he get's everything free!''.

I do feel Sasuke though his late actions are quite rash and seemingly arrogant and destructive (Or he is just positioning himself to backstab Madara). You cannot really reason or try conversate with Sasuke haters, they are too caved in their own personal images of Sasuke and how he is most wretched charecter ever created on animes to be reasoned with.

Personally I hated Naruto charecter with every cell of my body at Part 1... orange jump suited ninja was pissing me off, though his underdog position was kinda redemptive point for him... I kinda like charecter growth of Naruto at current manga and I might end up liking him aswell if he can cool off a bit and get bit less arrogant.

I fear that Kishimoto is positioning Sasuke to butchering spot, making him truely evil and wicked so he can be killed and shown again traditional teaching to never ever betray your friends or you will be oh so fuked up.
Fyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 14:02   Link #211
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyria View Post
I fear that Kishimoto is positioning Sasuke to butchering spot, making him truely evil and wicked so he can be killed and shown again traditional teaching to never ever betray your friends or you will be oh so fuked up.
I don't think that Sasuke will die (in fact I expect Naruto to die well before Sasuke). I expect that Kishimoto is trying to pull a Aoshi Shinomora (from the soon to be classic Rurouni Kenshin), and have Sasuke fall as far as he can, right to the precipice between villiany and true evil, before he is soundly defeated by Naruto (as evidenced by the whole speech Neji gave about Naruto being able to save Sasuke from the "darkness"), and he then sets off on the path of redemption.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 16:07   Link #212
iBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori View Post
This is beautiful. Have any of you realize the irony that a thread about Sasuke always exist somewhere on the front page?

Some people hate Sasuke, some people love Sasuke, and because he is the most lovable and hatable character at the same time, people always find it fun to talk more about him isn't it?

Sasuke is not a bad character, he drives the story, and in order to drive the story he has to make stupid mistakes so that Naruto can gain glory. If he does not exist then for all I can tell Naruto would not have any plot.
It's been a while since I have read a very simple smart post....even when it is as old as 2004 lol.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 16:37   Link #213
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
That doesn't mean Sasuke can't redeem himself. Look at what Kishi did with Itachi? During the arc I was quite upset that he threw in the twist that Itachi was actually a good guy. The biggest baddest guy next to Orochimaru we've seen in action is actually a good guy? It rocked many people's beliefs in the manga... But despite everything, once all was said an done, I came out very satisfied with the story.

When 401 ended with Sasuke before the breaking waves of the ocean, it was a relaxing and touching. It was the end of one road and a new path, a new goal needed to be formed... Unfortunately the tranquility was not to last... 402 showed us that Sasuke had gone off the deep end by going against his brother and acquiring the same goal as Madara. Peace was lost.

Oh well, we'll see what happens.
---

Quote:
You really should stop defending Sasuke or Bash Naruto in this forum, general opinion is strongly against Sasuke and should you try defend him you are quickly overwhelmed with rather pointless Sasuke insults like ''I hate Sasuke because he is EMO!!'', ''He is so FREAKING OP (This isn't multiplayer computer game) and he get's everything free!''.

I do feel Sasuke though his late actions are quite rash and seemingly arrogant and destructive (Or he is just positioning himself to backstab Madara). You cannot really reason or try conversate with Sasuke haters, they are too caved in their own personal images of Sasuke and how he is most wretched charecter ever created on animes to be reasoned with.
I detest that, not all haters are as simple minded as you make them out to be. If what it takes to be considered a hater is "pointless insults" and close-mindedness... then I don't know if I'm a hater because I always keep an open mind and all my points have basis.

Congrats, I'm now unsure whether I'm a hater or just adamantly against Sasuke and Kishi's direction. It's probably a good thing, I'm new at being labeled a "hater" anyway.

Old 2008-07-12, 16:57   Link #214
Fyria

Well I wouldn't really call you hater because you are actaully reasonable...

About Chapter 402/403, what else Kishi would done? Yes he could redeemed Sasuke making him go back to Konoha and he would done everything with Naruto to redeem himself in eyes of Konoha but honestly that would killed most of story.

We have Orochimaru/Akatsuki/Pains/Madaras/Gaaras and such villains been but I dare to say that main drift of entire Naruto show is Naruto/Sasuke story. At this point Sasuke is Narutos 'inspiration' his every action and desire to get more powerful is directed to bring Sasuke back, his dream to become Hokage is pushed aside by this.

Yeah Kishi could let Sasuke go back Konoha but would that been good to story overall? We could have happy Naruto/Sasuke being friends again and fighting for Konoha together but that would made this show less dramatic. Konoha Naruto vs Akatsuki Sasuke will be ahead; It will be bitter,dramatic,sad,heartbraking, and burning.

I fear that Sasuke sealed off his fate siding with Akatsuki but god damn he is going to go with bang...
Fyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 20:37   Link #215
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

I can agree on all aspects of your post except I don't think Sasuke sealed his fate just yet. His character still has a chance to redeem. How? I have no damn clue but KT did it with Itachi who we all thought was just as far gone off the deep end.

One thing is clear to me though, I can hardly see an ending where both Naruto and Sasuke survive. One of them will have to play the tragic hero with the way the manga is now.

Old 2008-07-12, 21:13   Link #216
theBrotherGrimm
Lord of the Wangetsugan!

Location: Annoying the crap out of Gai Maito with Kakashi-sensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderSidiouss View Post
Well get ready, I am about to write a stupid response. Sasuke, since his brother massacred the entire family, has always been hurt emotionally and wary of letting people into his heart. I will admit I loved Sasuke in the beginning, even though many hated him. It was until his recent actions that I've started to hate him. After learning about Itachi, he went back to his vengeful agenda. What he should of done was defended and assisted the Leaf with any trouble they might have been in. It's obvious that he can't go back to the Leaf, he's a missing-nin and would most likely have been executed even if Naruto objected. He should of done this because it was what Itachi would of done (Itachi loved the village and would have done anything to protect it-even kill his family). Finally, Sasuke always kept saying that he was alone when he had another family all along (Naruto, Kakashi, the entire Leaf). If he had realized this, he would protect this family with every fiber of his being. Luckily enough, Itachi realized that the Leaf was his true family not his clan who expected him to lead them into a glorious reign. It's because of this reason that Itachi is and will always be a greater ninja than Sasuke. Sasuke, with his pathetic excuse of life full of revenge and hatred, will only know hatred for the rest of his life because he dwelled in it ever since Itachi left and it's now the only thing he knows in his heart. I have explained my statement and I will repeat again "Sasuke go on and die"!!!
theBrotherGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 02:14   Link #217
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Needless to say, I picked the last option. Enough is enough. Any more powerups, and I just might go ballistic.
Old 2008-07-15, 12:05   Link #218
SpyderSidiouss
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBrotherGrimm View Post
It was until his recent actions that I've started to hate him.
LOL! His actions aren’t even close to the worst actions done in the manga…. But I bet you probably a fan of some of the most evil people manga… maybe you just hate the guy because of his recent POWER UPS, like the rest of the haters because he makes naruto look like nothing. You guys need to stop letting hate cloud your minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Needless to say, I picked the last option. Enough is enough. Any more powerups, and I just might go ballistic.
yes, definetly.... he should die, he got too many powerups.
Look what hating and resentment can do to people.... its sad
Old 2008-07-15, 12:22   Link #219
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBrotherGrimm View Post
Itachi realized that the Leaf was his true family not his clan who expected him to lead them into a glorious reign. It's because of this reason that Itachi is and will always be a greater ninja than Sasuke. Sasuke, with his pathetic excuse of life full of revenge and hatred, will only know hatred for the rest of his life because he dwelled in it ever since Itachi left and it's now the only thing he knows in his heart. I have explained my statement and I will repeat again "Sasuke go on and die"!!!
Actual Itachi didnt side with the village because it was his true family he sided with them because he didnt want to see any more wars.

About sasuke people seem to get more pissed at him the more he gets stronger than naruto
Old 2008-07-15, 12:48   Link #220
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Saskue is still retarded. He is going to try and destroy something that his brother worked so hard to protect.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote