AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-05-05, 00:32   Link #621
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Wow that was solved a good bit faster than I had expected .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Or perhaps Social Groups? Gah... I'm so bad with riddles >.<
You're apparently better than you give yourself credit for it , as your third answer/reasoning is correct...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
I'll also throw in the Shipping section of the groups... "That exists for the love of someone else's love" makes me think that. It has groups spanning lots and lots of anime/manga and I think there're some crack pairings too (not limited by plot )... you can easily reach it from any page on the forum but it's not all that active... http://forums.animesuki.com/group.ph...rouplist&cat=3
Not only are you correct with your answers, you even provided a fair explanation of some of lines from the riddle. Good job Haladflire65 .
Just need Nightwish to confirm it later.
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2011-05-05 at 00:55.
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 09:46   Link #622
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Aww darn missed two riddles entirely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusore View Post
I'll take a stab at number 1. I don't have much confidence, but the SeveN and the reference to math made me think...
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=135944
Nope, sorry it’s not that one.
Old 2011-05-05, 20:06   Link #623
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Wow that was solved a good bit faster than I had expected .

You're apparently better than you give yourself credit for it , as your third answer/reasoning is correct...

Not only are you correct with your answers, you even provided a fair explanation of some of lines from the riddle. Good job Haladflire65 .
Just need Nightwish to confirm it later.
NightWish confirmed it already, though in the Riddles thread. Also : bleh. If this is what it comes down to, are we supposed to lurk in the forums 24/7 just in case riddle might be posted when Kairin gets around it so we can solve it before anyone else does ? It'd be better if there was a set time for a riddle to be posted or something.
Old 2011-05-05, 20:18   Link #624
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
NightWish confirmed it already, though in the Riddles thread. Also : bleh. If this is what it comes down to, are we supposed to lurk in the forums 24/7 just in case riddle might be posted when Kairin gets around it so we can solve it before anyone else does ? It'd be better if there was a set time for a riddle to be posted or something.
Well, I don't think that would be fair either as it's impossible to account for the time zones of all the forum users. Has Kairin posted the riddles at random times so far? If so I don't really see a huge issue, or a way to fix the problem. I've missed a couple riddles and had the chance to guess at others. *shrugs*

On another note, I totally didn't think I'd get it
Old 2011-05-05, 20:19   Link #625
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
It was stated before that the time the riddles are posting will be varied and unpredictable, so that people aren't encouraged to 'lurk in the forums 24/7' and so that people of a certain times zones wouldn't be at an advantage as they would be with a set time. Besides the amount time of necessary to solve a riddle isn't really predictable either as it could take hours, days, or weeks.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 01:50   Link #626
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
It was stated before that the time the riddles are posting will be varied and unpredictable, so that people aren't encouraged to 'lurk in the forums 24/7' and so that people of a certain times zones wouldn't be at an advantage as they would be with a set time. Besides the amount time of necessary to solve a riddle isn't really predictable either as it could take hours, days, or weeks.
Exactly. It can range from a few minutes to still fucking going.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 08:47   Link #627
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Riddle #10

Quote:
There is a castle,
And there are smaller castles.

The highest order of castles,
Is great with rooms.
Series subforums.

Quote:
Between floors twenty and thirty,
Among those rooms,
Is the room of funny theories.
I’ll take it floor = pages. If you can be sure it’s between floor twenty and thirty then I guess that means it’s a closed thread.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=14237
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23216
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=38346
Old 2011-05-06, 09:05   Link #628
Haladflire65
*Artist

I was thinking 'castle' meant forum as well, and the 'highest order of castle' looks like it's talking about the largest subform, especailly when you take into account how it talks about 'great with rooms'. So maybe the Naruto subform, the largest one if I'm not mistaken. And following Felix's logic, if floors mean pages, the only two threads that actually have the 'theory' in the title and are between pages 20~30 are

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23213
and
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=16097

Still pretty unsure of everything though...
Old 2011-05-06, 10:34   Link #629
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I think felix might have it but if not then I think it's between pages 20 and 30 of the General Chat forum. This is the only one I can see but it's fun facts, not funny theories:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=86085
Old 2011-05-06, 11:35   Link #630
Dist

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=22247
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=38690

Some possible answers. Just to clarify, it must be either Current Series or Older Series because the riddle clearly says a Castle that has smaller Castles in them, and the castles have rooms. If General Chat was a Castle, what would the smaller castles be ? What puzzles me though is the part about '' highest order ''.

If the correct subforum is Naruto, it's hard to sort out which thread because I as a watcher of Naruto anime, don't want to get spoiled. Unless the thread title gives the answer away, I won't be able to solve the riddle without spoiling myself by looking through threads for '' funny theories ''.
Old 2011-05-06, 11:37   Link #631
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Just to clarify, it must be either Current Series or Older Series because the riddle clearly says a Castle that has smaller Castles in them, and the castles have rooms. If General Chat was a Castle, what would the smaller castles be ? What puzzles me though is the part about '' highest order ''.
I was thinking the entire Animesuki forum was the big castle, not the General chat thread.

It's just a guess but I think the highest order refers to the URL number of the forum. The Naruto sub forum is 8 which is the lowest number in the Current Series section.
Old 2011-05-06, 11:44   Link #632
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The highest order in that case would be (always) the newest forum. NW knows they would be adding new forums so it can’t be that.
Old 2011-05-06, 12:07   Link #633
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I thought highest order meant lowest number? Like rank or something...
Old 2011-05-06, 13:48   Link #634
Dist

^That's what popped into my mind too. 8 was the lowest number, and going by ranks 1st is always the highest so that way Naruto would be the '' castle '' we're looking for. But like I said before .. finding the correct answer there is quite hard/impossible to do without getting spoiled unless the answer has been already given in the previous posts.

If AS was the castle, why would General Chat be the smaller castle within the Castle ?
Old 2011-05-06, 14:06   Link #635
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
If AS was the castle, why would General Chat be the smaller castle within the Castle ?
Oh shut up...
Old 2011-05-06, 14:21   Link #636
Dist

Well I was just trying to ask the reasoning behind this. Aren't we supposed to explain the solution to the riddle anyway instead of just posting random links ? No need to be so hostile.
Old 2011-05-06, 15:08   Link #637
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It was a joke
Old 2011-05-06, 15:28   Link #638
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Tsundere personality only works in anime Haak =P
Old 2011-05-06, 15:32   Link #639
Dist

Or I just have bad sense of humor :x
Old 2011-05-06, 15:57   Link #640
Slick_rick

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=34537

Seems to fit. On page 22 of Naruto forum which has the highest amount of posts.

Tags
contest, scavenger hunt