Old 2013-08-09, 09:08   Link #9041
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Messing with the crew manager for a while:

Before:
Spoiler:

After:
Spoiler:

The tutorial explains it good enough to no screw it up too much.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 11:28   Link #9042
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
The problem is that you'v pretty much missed the golden age of the howitzers. Using the 105s now are pretty much a huge gamble, as not only are they expensive, they bounce too much at lower tiers. That, and they're simply not as devastating as they used to be prior to 8.6. Take note, before that patch, I've experienced taking out both KV-1s and Churchill 3s in one shot. Now? With the changed HEAT mechanics (it no longer bounces around inside the tank until it hits a module) you'd be lucky to roll max damage anymore. Stick to the 76mm, more fun now with the accuracy changes, and a whole lot more reliable due to its high ROF.
True - I have missed a lot of stuff. Still, even though howitzers aren't the wonderful things they were, I find them to still be fun to play, plus the tracking effects are always great for exp and creds.

That said, I'm not going to be running HEAT all the time; HE is good enough for me, and I've gotten good results with my KV-1's derpgun. A derpgun that fires faster than that, with almost similar damage, on a fast-moving and mobile tank? I'm sold.

...mind, I'll have to grind the M3 Lee.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 11:37   Link #9043
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
M3 Lee isn't so bad. The highest you'll see would be KV-1S. Back in my day M3 Lees saw IS-4s :P
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 11:43   Link #9044
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I saw Maus's with the pz38na back in the day. The Lee isn't so bad after a while, if you know how to play assault TD, then the lee is perfect (is a good troll tank if you go and just shot gold)
Old 2013-08-09, 11:58   Link #9045
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
I saw Maus's with the pz38na back in the day. The Lee isn't so bad after a while, if you know how to play assault TD, then the lee is perfect (is a good troll tank if you go and just shot gold)
The best troll tank I've ever played and still play is the Cruiser MKII

Real in game chat:

Red Team: Pew pew...

Me (Cruiser MK II): I don't pew pew, I boom boom!

Red Team: What boom!? You are just a Cruiser!

*cue to Red team M3 Stu getting 1-shotted*

Me (Cruiser MK II): Any questions?

Red team Stu: . . . . .

- tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 11:59   Link #9046
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Tak, do you statpad?
Old 2013-08-09, 12:00   Link #9047
Tak

Quote:
Tak, do you statpad?
You mean the process where you build up stats with low tier tanks? No, but I really love the Cruiser MKII. Its one of my favorite tanks. Words cannot emphasis it.

The earnings in a good game (even without premium acct) is almost as good as a premium tank (and right now I need credits). In a tier 5 game, with the right equipment, you can (and I have done it) kill a KV-1 with just 2 hits. Imagine the face of that KV-1 driver when it happens.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-08-09, 12:03   Link #9048
EagleBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
True - I have missed a lot of stuff. Still, even though howitzers aren't the wonderful things they were, I find them to still be fun to play, plus the tracking effects are always great for exp and creds.

That said, I'm not going to be running HEAT all the time; HE is good enough for me, and I've gotten good results with my KV-1's derpgun. A derpgun that fires faster than that, with almost similar damage, on a fast-moving and mobile tank? I'm sold.

...mind, I'll have to grind the M3 Lee.
Don't worry too much. The Lee is a decent tank. It's just very unfortunate half the time and you have to play it like a TD. Liked the Lee even with my abysmal performance on it.

Tips:
Try not to crest hills often and you can't hulldown due to your size.

Take advantage that the Lee has it's gun on the right side. Provided you aren't flanked or cover isn't tall enough, you'll survive longer.

Remember your guns have very high RoF. Aim for weakspots or use HE to track tanks but be careful not to fire too much.

If you can, stick behind the main force of attack and have your team spot for you. A lot of people concentrate on a Lee when they see one for an easy kill.

Last edited by EagleBlue; 2013-08-09 at 12:23.
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 12:04   Link #9049
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Then you use gold ammo in the tank? Cause it's hard to kill a KV-1 that way, since you will bounce a lot in his armor.
Old 2013-08-09, 12:05   Link #9050
Tak

Quote:
Then you use gold ammo in the tank? Cause it's hard to kill a KV-1 that way, since you will bounce a lot in his armor.
When engaging KV-1s and Churches in a Tier 5 game with my MK.II, its the only way to kill them. I certainly keep 5 in reserve. Although if you happen to flank right behind one of them (if you are lucky), your shot can still achieve full alpha.

I take my Cruiser MK II very seriously.

- Tak

Old 2013-08-09, 12:21   Link #9051
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

That's an interesting statement Tak. To believe that you can take a low tier tank seriously enough... I feel that i'm still lacking a lot then.
Old 2013-08-09, 12:23   Link #9052
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
M3 Lee isn't so bad. The highest you'll see would be KV-1S. Back in my day M3 Lees saw IS-4s :P
tell you the truth i still have the lee in my garage fully loaded out. tho i haven't been playing it recently, still loved the tank despite its major flaws, weak armor compared to other tanks, turretless, can't hull down like other US tanks, but you gotta admit it was a fun tank while you got thru it, I heard alot of complaints back in the day when we still had dragon's ridge in teh map rotation... idk i liked the RoF and traverse spd, it was maneuverable enough to compensate the lack of turret rotation.

But grinding for the M4, T1 Heavy, and Priest taht can't heal, sucked... I remembered when i first started, I thought repair kits would heal up HP, turned out i learn in a couple of games that it wasn't right... this was back in 8.3 when i joined sensha-doh. Never got the T1 Heavy, just becuz it looked like a hot dog and the gun was worst than the M4's... so skipped T1 and M6 on to the Jumbo and T29.

starting to dislike the T29 MM, i've been gettin alot of tier 9 games in it... which makes me to suspect that if you get a crew past teh 1st set of perks, MM will give you higher tiering... although i'm not sure about it, since it only happened to me when i played the T29 which are almost finishing up on the 2nd set.
Old 2013-08-09, 12:53   Link #9053
Tak

Quote:
That's an interesting statement Tak. To believe that you can take a low tier tank seriously enough... I feel that i'm still lacking a lot then.
Well, you are half right.

I am very, very selective of the tanks I drive, regardless of tier. For example, I still have my Tier 4 Matilda I drive occasionally. Tanks with characteristics I appreciate regardless of their place in the tech tree are kept in my garage. I could also purchase the E-100 now, but there is no way in hell I will ever do that.

Although I doubt I'd go anywhere lower than a Tier 3 at this time...

- Tak

Old 2013-08-09, 13:03   Link #9054
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

lol i'll laugh if u play and troll at tier 1 XD.
Old 2013-08-09, 13:15   Link #9055
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

The Chinese Chi-Ha and FCM 36 Pak 40 are currently my go-to tier 3 tanks. I dislike the Pz I C, since I prefer to do consistent damage to all opponents I face. I might consider the Cruiser Mk 2, though, even though I dislike firing HE with derp guns and the HEAT rounds for that vehicle cost more than the ISU-152's gold rounds.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 13:22   Link #9056
Gravitas Free Zone

The Pz S35 is fun, though it can't really deal with higher tiers by itself. As I've shown, though, it can rip through tier 3 very easily.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 15:52   Link #9057
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I don't particularly like any tier 3, tried Cruiser II and the derp on that doesn't work well with me, especially gettin that thing in tier 5 matches.

Cruise IV would be my preferred tier 3, Locust gets tier 5 matches often, the LTP is a good tank, idk why ppl dislike it. PZ 1 C is alright when ur trolling its own tier, I don't particularly like it tho. Medium III seems underpowered as prolly the only medium at tier 3 that isn't a premium tank. actually the T2 Medium and D2 frenchie are also considered meds for Tier 3... so my mistake, those are the only tanks that are mediums for that tier.

Not much excitement for tier 3.

LOL I have no idea, when my graphics driver fails when i play WoT except when i'm playing BF3.

Last edited by Kamijou_Touma; 2013-08-09 at 16:14.
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 18:53   Link #9058
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
The most fun I have is tier 6 and above.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 19:22   Link #9059
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Had a woeful night with the premium mission bringing out some of the most dreadful players I've seen for a while.

That said with some persistence and a little help from blaat I managed to pull the loses back.

Also, Some purple at last.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 21:28   Link #9060
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Hello guys. I'm considering picking up WoT (SEA server) for a change of pace while playing Dragon Nest. What's in it for me? And does this game have a steep learning curve?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks