AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-07-14, 13:12   Link #421
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
It could be timed like the extra colours, yeah. Most people seem to agree that the game's easier played on the PS3 overall though (both with the pad and with better sticks), so... advantages and disadvantages on both sides, I guess. That and whether or not you currently pay for gold XBL.
No no no, it's not that. It's just... 360's online store > PS3's online store by virtue of using points (and therefore, cards) to buy stuff. The PS3 is limited to using a credit card, period. Which I do not own, nor am I really comfortable sharing its data online.

In other words, I can't buy anything from the Playstation store, making any game with DLC far more appealing on the 360.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 13:28   Link #422
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The PS3 is limited to using a credit card, period.
Um.... I've never once used my credit card on PSN. I always use cards. Of course, they're easier to get in Japan (go into convenience store, press buttons, receive card) but they most definitely exist, because everyone I know uses them too.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 13:41   Link #423
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:

Depends what you class 'the average online opponent' as. At the very bottom levels most people can't do much more than spam Jin's icecar over and over, but the more you play the better people get. If you want to be at all decent online, you're gonna have to learn that kind of stuff, really. If you're really afraid of it, start with a character that doesn't have as much complicated stuff to learn. In other words, don't play Carl, Rachel or Arakune >_> Probably in that order. Was watching a really high level Carl/Rachel player the other day trying to get the voyeur trophy, and it was... beautiful.
Heh, I was actually considering trying to learn Rachel specifically because she seemed to be more about complicated techniques rather than memorizing combos, which I think I am better at, but I'd probably be better off taking your word for it. Carl though - yeah, I'll be staying away from him for a while, I have a difficult time even beating the AI as him currently. Seems like an awesome character but the 2 characters at once style is pretty unintuitive for me.

Any specific recommendations for characters that are easier to learn?
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 14:12   Link #424
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Racheal is so cute hope she finds love soon
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 14:32   Link #425
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Um.... I've never once used my credit card on PSN. I always use cards. Of course, they're easier to get in Japan (go into convenience store, press buttons, receive card) but they most definitely exist, because everyone I know uses them too.
Yup, in Japan they have cards. In the US they have cards (though I hear they're a little harder to come by).

Europe, however...

I believe I heard it was because Europe has a wide range of currencies, even with the Euro. Because they can't make EU specific cards, and have to watch and create cards for each country with a specific currency, they've chosen not to. Or so I've heard, whatever the reason, the EU PSN is credit card only.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 15:17   Link #426
ZeroForever

hmm got lvl 30 trophy and 100 ranked matches last night.

5 left...
Old 2009-07-14, 16:17   Link #427
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I really want to play this game. T_T I hope I can buy PS3 or 360 soon...

This match is my favorite. Arcade Infinity Tournament: Final TAGER vs V-13 It's exciting seeing advanced player fight each other. Very hardcore.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkOTCa-1YoI

Do you think is there a chance that Arc System Works will make GG vs BB in the future?
its Tager Vs V13, you call that Hardcore? that entire fight was "Ima stay away from him and throw w.e i can at him"

not very hard core imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Racheal is so cute hope she finds love soon
she already did Ragna
Old 2009-07-14, 17:06   Link #428
zato_1one

When I said hardcore, I especially mean TAGER himself. You can easily see that he took lot lot of projectile attacks. His life is about 10% and yet he could win by pulling off just only one succeed combo. This guy is very tough. I've seen him playing TAGER against Hakumen and Rachel in this tournament. Hakumen was finished within less than 4 mins (4 rounds). Rachel player was also forced to play like V-13 after losing in first round but she still lost though. I'm quite impressed with V-13 air combo and TAGER combo too. You couldn't blame V-13 for playing like that. Because I guess no one want to go near a truly pro TAGER except you're playing as close combat character.
Old 2009-07-14, 18:28   Link #429
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

true, I cheered the Tager player on, my tactic agenst him would be to use Ragnas attacks at their max reach and hit and run. Tager is too dangerous to be face to face for too long.
Old 2009-07-15, 07:57   Link #430
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

For Singapore players, there's a Blazblue Tournament at Iluma's arcade this Saturday at 3pm.

I'm going to watch my friend who's participating. He's the type who can play for hours with a single token, if there are lots of challengers. Its probably cheaper for him to play in the arcade than paying electricity bills at home lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 08:02   Link #431
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
For Singapore players, there's a Blazblue Tournament at Iluma's arcade this Saturday at 3pm.
Will there be lots of players ? Because BB is not selling as fast as I anticipated from the online buzz even with the lower priced Korean imports.

My quota for the month now lies in the hands of KOF XII. And I do hope to clear the 200 PS3 Asian Copies I have ordered within the release week. LOL.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 08:03   Link #432
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
They would most likely do Blazblue Reload or something along the lines like Guilty Gear and Melty Blood.

They always cater to arcades first then consoles second. The updated version will go onto arcades before consoles.
A Blazblue revision in the arcades got confirmed for around November a few months back, SFIV is due for it's first revision around than as well.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 08:11   Link #433
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Will there be lots of players ? Because BB is not selling as fast as I anticipated from the online buzz even with the lower priced Korean imports.

My quota for the month now lies in the hands of KOF XII. And I do hope to clear the 200 PS3 Asian Copies I have ordered within the release week. LOL.
I thought you said that BB must be selling well because of your low quota for PS3 version?
Old 2009-07-15, 08:17   Link #434
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I thought you said that BB must be selling well because of your low quota for PS3 version?
No.Supplier Cut my US LE stock. Sold all 5 copies of the PS3 LE anyway. But still has quite a few Asian Releases and Korean Imports left at the outlets.

Stocks are not moving as fast as I thought given the positive buzz online. And it's certainly very slow given how fast I managed to clear my first initial batch of SF4 earlier this year. Goes to show how the local gamers perfer more established titles over new experimental type.
Old 2009-07-15, 08:38   Link #435
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

I'm really not sure about that, I just know that the tournament was under preparations even before Blazblue was released on consoles. Bugis also had an even earlier tournament.

But yesterday I visited both Bugis and Iluma arcades and the Blazblue machines were mostly empty. I got challenged by some guy whom I think was practicing for the tournament and lost lol. Because I've not been training Rachel on arcade sticks, I can't pull off combos, this loss decided that I'm going to buy an arcade stick this Saturday after the tournament.

The Blazblue craze seem to come and go quick in Singapore. Singaporeans are still stuck to Street Fighter, KOF and Tekken, Arcsys games are not as popular. You can see the 3 big series always have their entire row of machines fully taken up, Blazblue and Guilty Gear always has vacancies.

Old 2009-07-15, 08:55   Link #436
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Sad to see it's not doing that good, considering the all the hypes.
Old 2009-07-15, 09:04   Link #437
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Sad to see it's not doing that good, considering the all the hypes.
Singapore while it has lots of influence from Japanese media, in both gaming and anime, the mainstream popularity heavily overshadows everything else.

While we can get lots of side stream games and anime merchandise, they are still largely unnoticed. Just look at the Cosfest earlier on, its the usual shounen(minus One Piece again) and Gundam SEED and 00. Was amazing that there was a group of Blazblue cosplayers though.

Old 2009-07-15, 09:07   Link #438
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

I have a theory of my own here.

Arcsys FIG has akways appealed to those hardcore gaming Otaku who don't mind spending big bucks to be perfect at their craft. As you can see from GGXX with the outlandish characters and deep complex system.

The locals, as they are, are first turn off by those cartoonish characters and if they are not, by the fast paced action. A far cry from those more realistical moves of SF, KOF and Tekken.

But if there's one thing about GG and BB. It's helps to identify the likes of us from them. If you see someone playing, enjoying BB and don't mind the machines chowing down tokens after tokens.Chances are he's one of us.
Old 2009-07-15, 09:14   Link #439
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

As you can see, Singapore has embraced otakuism with open arms. They have commercials and advertisements for 'otaku events', shops with 'otaku' in the shop name.

But Singaporeans really don't know what otaku really are lol, most think about the standard 'zai nan' and don't think too much about what we otakus really are like.

There are only a small handful of these 'otakus' that are as hardcore as us, most don't know anything past Evangelion and they don't know what led to Evangelion as well. The rest are all Shounen(minus One Piece), Shana, Gundam SEED/00, sometimes Haruhi plus one or two random sidestream anime.

Old 2009-07-15, 09:33   Link #440
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I just know that Shana is considered "mainstream" O_o.

My friend is also living in Singapore, and from what I heard from them, it's kinda hard to access anime and manga material, especially through torrent way.

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360