AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-21, 01:27   Link #9681
[HearT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
Did not know that. Thought that most of the time the author is the artist as well. Never even heard of this Akatsuki fellow. Thought people were talking about Naruto.
This is one of the saddest statements that I have ever read
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 02:51   Link #9682
Westlo
Lets be reality

lol @ people who think this manga is safe with bottom 5 rankings because of its volume sales, Mago being this generations Shaman King should show you otherwise. Even Bleach is under pressure and has lost its "Big 3" status within Jump to Toriko. If your sales are static with no room for improvement and you're on the nose, Jump will can you, the examples are numerous and even though a lot of them were just dragged out, SK and Mago weren't.

Anyway best chapter in a long time and Kumagawa steals the show once again and thank you Zenkichi for once again driving home the point that Medaka is the only option for you, something I wished some of your fanbase would realize. Anyway looking forward to the eventual Kumagawa cover for the issue the 3rd Popularity Poll results are revealed in.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 03:02   Link #9683
Homura7

The logic of Westlo amuses me.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 03:37   Link #9684
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
kumagawa didn't win, he made the girl lose :9
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 04:37   Link #9685
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
The logic of Westlo amuses me.
No, this logic is amusing.

The manga isn't safe because of amazing sales that can't even crack 211,000 for the first half of this year.

Top 50 Highest Selling Manga Volumes on Upper 2012
100  211 154 11/12 Hayate no Gotoku! 31

Doesn't the way Shaman King ended show that? How Mago just ended? How Bleach is clearly being given the "tap on the shoulder"? There's no point in covering your ears and going "Volume sales and anime" because you know what had more successful volume sales, plus double the amount of episodes for the anime? Mago did and a lot of people rubbished the "Omg it's in the bottom 5 it's going to end soon" people on Mangahelpers, myself included.... less than a year later it's gone.

2 new series, no Mago, no Magico soon.. where do guys think this manga will be? Oh yeah there's a new manga starting from a SKET DANCE assistant in July... you realize that as of right now the only buffers for Medaka Box is Kurogane and Pajama na Kanojo? You do not want to be a bottom 5 dweller and not improve your manga sales, which the anime seems to be incapable of doing compared to every other JUMP anime in the last 3 years... You can go "lol Westlo logic" all you want, it doesn't change that. Spin this as a Zen hate post, it doesn't change that, like Bleach the clock is ticking.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 04:38   Link #9686
kingstonbeer

"WHOA!!! Its a one-hit wonder!!"

Yeah sums it up right.
kingstonbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 05:37   Link #9687
DawnEmperor

Westlo, You were right. Yeah, I don't know why I ever found Zenkichi interesting, he's as static as ever. I'm sorry I ever doubted you. Bring on Kumagawa!

DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 06:42   Link #9688
Sol Falling

Yeah, it's a bit tough to use the anime or volume sales argument considering that the sales have not grown for a long time now. Medaka Box already reached it's current levels (~150,000-180,000 sales per volume) by it's fourth or fifth tankoubon. Generally manga series are able to use anime adaptation boosts to significantly increase their sales level, and maintain a rate of growth on some level. I think the half-assed blunder that is the anime is a huge failure in this sense 'cause it's really made clear how Medaka Box is falling behind the rest of Shounen Jump's "successful"/"popular" series.

Fortunately there's no way Medaka Box can get cancelled until at least the second anime season finishes airing; and if we're lucky, the Flask Plan arc might have a better chance at boosting volume sales due to being more reflective of the general tone of the series. However, if it does do poorly (and I think in terms of BDs/DVDs that clearly won't change much) the situation will be all the more worse off due to the more significant wasted investment. So basically what it does come down to is that we need the source manga itself to be doing well/successful/popular. Creating popularity, however, is at least something I am fairly confident Nishio knows how to do when it comes down to it.

Anyway, how about that new chapter lol. I gotta admit, Zen did earn some points with me with that harakiri/seppuku rejection. At the same time though, it's totally clear by now that for anytime soon Emukae's own feelings are not gonna be changing. Seeing as the basic premise of my speculation for this arc is that the whole Zenkichi x Medaka issue will never go smoothly, we'll see where Emukae ends up going.

Only one other person mentioned this, lol, but I also like/feel sorry for Kugurugi :P. She's a bit too interesting a character I think to be dumped after just one chapter/loss to Kumagawa, so hopefully she'll stay involved and we'll get to see some more of her. Particularly interesting, will be observing the first standard character who's under the influence of Bookmaker--unlike Medaka and Ajimu, of course, who basically always seem to be exceptions.

Also, fundamentally the continued effectiveness of Bookmaker shows how Kumagawa is still a Minus. Bookmaker is practically the definition of "I might not be able to win, but I'll make you lose". Since Kumagawa has pulled out this card again, I think we're in for some further development. Kumagawa's whole "good guy"/"Medaka's ally"/"successful" schtick right now is in how he's protecting others--i.e. he's sacrificing himself and "making others lose" in order to help other people. This is because as the "weakest human" and Minus, Kumagawa understands the pain of other people and can't help himself from feeling empathy. Although in response to this, people give him thanks and call him "sempai" and stuff and flatter him which makes him happy--none of this can actually change the fact that Kumagawa himself is incapable of winning personally. Thinking "hey, the entire purpose of my life is to sacrifice myself and protect others, and this alone should be enough to make me happy" would be ridiculous, after all. That's why, I think we still have a ton of a ways to go regarding Kumagawa's development in terms of his lingering pain as a Minus, and the eventual day of his actual victory.

Finally, this "language user" stuff for all six of the Suitors has been confirmed finally. If "language user" correlates strictly with "Style", then we might have to revise our earlier assumption that it also described Tsurubami's ability. I'm still not sure what to think really about the idea that all of the Suitors are gonna be throwing out kanji puns (frankly I feel it does somewhat take away from the drama surrounding Medaka's engagement and the Kurokami family), but for now we'll see where Nishio goes with this.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 06:56   Link #9689
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
On thing to note is that Namanie never showed her tongue tattoo did she?
So far the other two have, and they are confirmed as language users, I wonder what significance this has. After all, Namanie's style was also more straightforward than the other two's, from the outset it didn't really look like she's a language user (unless you count that ruki thing, but her style was the sword styles wasn't it?)
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 07:13   Link #9690
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
On thing to note is that Namanie never showed her tongue tattoo did she?
So far the other two have, and they are confirmed as language users, I wonder what significance this has. After all, Namanie's style was also more straightforward than the other two's, from the outset it didn't really look like she's a language user (unless you count that ruki thing, but her style was the sword styles wasn't it?)
That is a very interesting point on the tongue thing. In regards to whether Namanie actually has some language "power", I do think that something we can point out is that Namanie's sword slashes only did the "cutting a whole helicopter/aircraft carrier in half" thing while she was chanting "rukiruki...". While she was fighting Zenkichi, Namanie didn't say anything and her swords basically seemed to function normally.

The other point to consider, of course, is that Namanie's the "weakest' Suitor. While we've got no real basis right now for making a guess regarding the nature of Namanie's power, one possibility I'm actually thinking of is "repetition". Basically, it's possible that Namanie has the ability to amplify the effects of a word only by saying it many times repeatedly. This would correspond to Namanie having the "weakest" ability because using that kind of style would take a ton of skill and/or preparation to be able to use in the heat of battle, and it's generally not very versatile.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 07:34   Link #9691
Last Carpet

:sigh:

What a shame, to love someone who could never love you back. But that's just the way it goes for a Minus. Poor Emukae, whether or not she gets Zenkichi, I hope she ends up happy.

Some things I noticed

Namanie moved to tears crying like a baby.

Once again, connecting the suitors with their doubles

Sakugo likes blood-covered girls/Namanie sword style has her covered in blood
Kariteru likes girls who wear glasses/Sui wears glasses
Kairai likes being stepped on by girls/Mogura likes to step on beaten opponents

From this I believe the tiny evil-looking girl is from the Kotobuki.(since Shinkirou likes 8 year old girls)
And I think the big boob suitor is from the Yuzuriha Family(because of her skimpy nightgown and Gizou's underwear fetish)
So the last one must be from the Momozono Family(process of elimination)

.....I hope I'm rght
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 08:18   Link #9692
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Ah yes, I did love the bit where Namanie was moved to tears. I don't know why but I'm loving her character more each chapter.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 08:18   Link #9693
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
Westlo, You were right. Yeah, I don't know why I ever found Zenkichi interesting, he's as static as ever. I'm sorry I ever doubted you. Bring on Kumagawa!

Same here. Once again we are at the same scenario of when the series was in its earliest chapters, people jumping and screaming for cancellation. We already know the rest of the story.
Old 2012-06-21, 08:43   Link #9694
Qilin
Romanticist

No matter whose limelight he screws over, I just can't bring myself to hate Kumagawa. He's pretty much Nishio's troll character, so his appearance will always be accompanied by massive derailments, good writing be damned.

With this chapter, Emukae finally got her much needed development, so everyone should be happy now... right?
Old 2012-06-21, 08:45   Link #9695
Homura7

Emukae will never give up on Zen, and she's just proved it.
Old 2012-06-21, 09:47   Link #9696
Soji

Quote:
Emukae will never give up on Zen, and she's just proved it.
Next arc after this one(if the author continue the manga)all the girls that like/love Zen try to replace Meakda in his heart.
No really...you know that one day the author will do this is just matter of time.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 10:04   Link #9697
Homura7

Nisio is preparing the ultimate troll when Zenkichi confesses and Medaka rejects him out of her own foolishness.
Old 2012-06-21, 10:17   Link #9698
Meltyred

Kumagawa finally decides to not give bullshit about how he will lose despite being possibly the most strongest..... (Losing in love is fine, you never had a chance sadly)
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 10:24   Link #9699
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Nisio is preparing the ultimate troll when Zenkichi confesses and Medaka rejects him out of her own foolishness.
I don't know I given up trying to predict this manga but I can see that happening..........I will never forget the Ajimu arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Kumagawa finally decides to not give bullshit about how he will lose despite being possibly the most strongest..... (Losing in love is fine, you never had a chance sadly)
Yeah but him being the 'strongest' is a bit of YMMV in this manga considering the monsters Medaka and Ajimu are........I will never forget the Ajimu arc.
Old 2012-06-21, 10:32   Link #9700
kingstonbeer

When you say Medaka trolling someone i just couldn't picture it to be honest maybe with a little help from the jokers but on her own? Can you actually picture that?

Edit She's too honest a girl people!!!
kingstonbeer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council