5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 8.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 8.33%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 16.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 4.17%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 12.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-03-28, 15:42   Link #41
Wandering Soul

Wow that ending was ridiculous and weird which fits for this series. This had potenital but it was wasted. The animation and action scenes were nice but that's about it. I have never watched AGE but I have watched SEED Destiny and I still say that this is the worst gundam show I have ever watched.

I will at least admit I got a good laugh out of Klim ordering the death of his father.

Hopefully the next gundam show is better written
Old 2015-03-28, 16:49   Link #42
ChocolateBarZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
[/B][/U]

The pacing in Part2 was fine, not perfect, but reasonable and easy to follow. The supposed "love subplot" (heck the only love issue here was with the girl, Zeheart did his own thing as a Vegan, and Asem's problem was an inferiority complex) was barely there and really the only time it seemed to show up was when all three were together. The Vegans are at their "lowest" (not worse) here because Part1 have them as mysterious, while Part3 actually delves into them. Part2 is mostly focused on the war itself. Desil is no disappointment because we all knew his time was time in the limelight was over, with Zeheart being the new focus. He did his job as the cookie cutter villain who got what was coming
It wasn't fine. There were three timeskips in the span of 15 episodes two of which happened in three episodes. That's bad pacing no mater how you slice it. It takes up the focus of several episodes and makes up the bulk of the characterization between the three, it's even highlighted in Memories of Eden, so yeah the show disagress wth your stupid claim that it wasn't important. The Vegans in Part 2 are just worthless and don't accomplish anything, the Vegans in Part 3 actually were a threat for the most part. Then why bring him back? He didn't serve a purpose despite having an interesting adversary in Flit but the latter didn't pay him anymind.

Quote:
I was referring to after he got the Perfect Pack, which gave him features to do so damn well. Should have clarified on that, sorry. And yes everyone hates Kio for that, no need to remind us
All the features from the perfect pack were from the previous packs. Him piloting a strong MS doesn't mean anything since he never wasted it like how Kio did with the FX.
ChocolateBarZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 17:16   Link #43
kuroihikari2

All of the best suits being from Venus Globe (thus having similar designs) made the first half of the episode VERY confusing.
Manny's sudden hate for Bellri (and her and Bellri's sudden making peace with it) was not expounded on at all. It's like you just have to understand that she loves Luin so much that she'd like Bellri to die even though just 2 episodes ago she wanted them to be friends again.
Klim killing his father was both totally random and totally unnecessary.
Kia's reformation from being "War is interesting from a cultural and scientific standpoint" to "On Earth, people love peace and each other, too" was too quick and sudden.
Overall everyone seemingly easy to forgive people they were just trying to kill just two minutes ago made very little sense.
The fight between the G-Self and Luin's unit was intense, but again, it didn't made sense that he would stop by to see if his mother was okay when a lunatic who wants his head is just chasing close behind him.

Overall, an enjoyable episode IF you don't think too much. Doesn't make it much different from standard shounen fare. I expected the characters to grow, but approaching the end, they became more caricature-like than they were at the start of the series. I thought the plot was okay (and sort of interesting), in the end it's the characterization that went wrong.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 17:36   Link #44
Kurohane

That was an interesting finale to say the least. Now, I know what's it like when Tomino has full reign on a series. The finale wasn't especially bad or out of place from the rest of the series eccentricities. However, I have no idea how what to make out of it. The war is over, that's good. Some spacenoids are making a life on Earth, that's good too. However, I have no idea how any of that came to be. It just happens. Also, that's not new for this show. Most of what happens just... happens with no type of buildup. Aida and Bellri turned out to be siblings, because plot demanded it. The Megafauna was able to go to all these places, because plot demanded it. The G-Self was able to get all these new backpacks and produce all these light attacks, because... well you get the point.

I heard this is because of the eccentricities of Tomino. There was no tension or sense of urgency. Things just happened because they had to happen. No follow-up to those events ever lay any decent atmosphere. In episode 15, near the end, Klim and Mick get captured. Next episode, you would expect the Megafauna crew to try bust them out, and learn more about the state of Towasanga affairs. However, instead, those two are not in any serious predicament, they are treated well enough, most than other prisoners, where they can still access their ship, their suits, and can leave whenever a battle starts. The Megafauna continues doing whatever they were doing, not because they don't care about Klim and Mick, but plot decided they were okay, so there is no need for them to try to rescue them or anything.

What was the overall goal of the series? After getting to Towasanga, it kind of became like Star Trek, with voyaging to different worlds, only it ended after going to Venus Globe. The stalemate between the Captial Army and Ameria was just put aside.

My main disappoint with last few episodes was the lack of Bell and Aida. These two are supposed to be the main two characters, the "fated duo", yet they didn't have much screen time. Bellri kept getting chased by Luin and Manny, over paranoia, and kept him busy throughout most of the last couple of episodes. Those two G-IT gang pilots got more screen time, along with Klim and Mick, who were fighting them. Many times I kept thinking "just kill them already, they are only side characters!" out of my impatience to see Bell and Aida having plot relevance. Next we have this time skip, where Bell wants to travel the world, which was never before hinted, on par, with the rest of the show's randomness.

Overall, the series was okay, just okay. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it. I subconsciously tempered my expectations mid-way, because in the beginning, I had such high hopes for this show. Take a good rest Tomino, you've done enough. Really, you have.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2015-06-26 at 20:53.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 18:36   Link #45
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateBarZ View Post
It wasn't fine. There were three timeskips in the span of 15 episodes two of which happened in three episodes. That's bad pacing no mater how you slice it. It takes up the focus of several episodes and makes up the bulk of the characterization between the three, it's even highlighted in Memories of Eden, so yeah the show disagress wth your stupid claim that it wasn't important. The Vegans in Part 2 are just worthless and don't accomplish anything, the Vegans in Part 3 actually were a threat for the most part. Then why bring him back? He didn't serve a purpose despite having an interesting adversary in Flit but the latter didn't pay him anymind.

3 much needed timeskips that cut off crap we never needed to see (and bog down everything)

What takes up to focus of several episodes? Im going to assume you are talking about Asem/Zeheart/Romary. The only time Romary was really back into the picture with the three was when they all ended up on that colony together (I think that was like 23-24?). Otherwise it was all mainly Asem and his complex

Whats highlighted in Memory of Eden? Im going to assume you are going to talk about Asem/Zeheart/Romary's relation. Thats a given since the movie totally revolves around them. And?

The Vegans were always a threat. Why do you think theres a damn war going on? They never succeeded in their main objectives because they were stopped every time. Part 3 they learned from their mistakes and came back with a vengeance

I already told you why they brought Desil back, and Ill say it again, to be a cookie cutter villain to kill people, and to get his just desserts. Another reason was to give Flit the consequences of letting him go in Part1, resulting in the death of his friend

All the features from the perfect pack were from the previous packs. Him piloting a strong MS doesn't mean anything since he never wasted it like how Kio did with the FX.

No they were not, go check again
*snip*.....

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2015-03-28 at 23:01. Reason: Please report posts like this so that the moderation team can handle it.
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 18:56   Link #46
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

plot : taboo and reconguista
so... what happened to that?
dem taboo... did they ever mention that ever? even after those crazy G IT overpowered mech?
and dem reconguista.... what? what happened to ppl from wicked G-IT? and that twintail sis just pregnant and join the good side just like that lmao, wut?
ninjastarforcex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 19:31   Link #47
ChocolateBarZ
Banned

Quote:
3 much needed timeskips that cut off crap we never needed to see (and bog down everything)
That's a terrible argument and doesn't support your stance on it having good pacing. Next.

Quote:
What takes up to focus of several episodes? Im going to assume you are talking about Asem/Zeheart/Romary. The only time Romary was really back into the picture with the three was when they all ended up on that colony together (I think that was like 23-24?). Otherwise it was all mainly Asem and his complex

They're triangle started way back during the highschool arc and went on into when they got drafted. Those episodes focused on thier relationship which made up the backbone of Asem's rivary towards Zeheart, his complex doesn't take full center stage until the final stretch.

Quote:
The Vegans were always a threat.
Which is why they were constantly defeated in Part 2. The Magi being the worst villain troupe in the franchise being taken down one by one by one without accomplishing anything and singlehandly being able to push them back and expose their plot and pushing them into hiding? Yeah... a threat. And this is why I can't take you seriously.

Quote:
I already told you why they brought Desil back, and Ill say it again, to be a cookie cutter villain to kill people
And that's bad writing. He's a waste of a character who didn't contribute to anything despite being hyped up ad an adversary to Flit.

Quote:
Another reason was to give Flit the consequences of letting him go in Part1, resulting in the death of his friend
Flit doesn't even acknowledge Desil's existence, he doesn't even take the killing blow. Ironically Wolf's death was about Asem's development.

Quote:
No they were not, go check again
It's shown in the show that the G-Self uses the abilities of the previous packs IN SHOW in the last damn episode Bellri says he'll use an ability from the Tricky pack in episode 8, which if you weren't blind like the rest of the haters for the show you would see but that's seem to be too much to ask from you.

Quote:
Instead of insulting people how about you back up your claims and give a proper response?
Kinda hard to respond to someone who says the show has no plot. That's just plain ignorant.

*snip*

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2015-03-28 at 23:01. Reason: Forum rule 1.2
ChocolateBarZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 19:55   Link #48
MagnaFisto

i think this series is bizzare for a gundam show
maybe tomino should do something else and not gundam
his style are just don,t really work for gundam series anymore.
even know i,m still like it.

if only this series was about 42 or 50 episode maybe this series will be better and possibly be really good series

on the plus side the battle are interesting for the most part and have good animation
the mech design are unique and beliri are likable gundam protagonist.

but this are just my opinion.
MagnaFisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 20:29   Link #49
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateBarZ View Post
That's a terrible argument and doesn't support your stance on it having good pacing. Next.

Ummm you thought that was an argument? That was just a statement I made. I also never said the pacing was "Good", I said it was "Fine", aka serviceable (a step or two below Good). Nothing great, nothing show ruining. Not the best, but we can still follow it easily with no confusion.

They're triangle started way back during the highschool arc and went on into when they got drafted. Those episodes focused on thier relationship which made up the backbone of Asem's rivary towards Zeheart, his complex doesn't take full center stage until the final stretch.

That was like what, 2-3 episodes? And even then it was mostly them being happy-go-lucky with each other doing school activities and whatnot. For us its easy to see theres something between the 3, however in the actual character interactions theres only subtle parts about their romantic interests. Asems complex starts as soon as he is aced by Zeheart during the fight between the AGE-2 and the Zeydra (Ep.20, which is about 40% way through Part2, not the final stretch by any means)

Which is why they were constantly defeated in Part 2. The Magi being the worst villain troupe in the franchise being taken down one by one by one without accomplishing anything and singlehandly being able to push them back and expose their plot and pushing them into hiding? Yeah... a threat. And this is why I can't take you seriously.

I think you and I are looking at this quite differently. They don't need to win non-stop against the EF to be a threat. The mere fact that they are at war with them, and possess superior tech (mostly) and the ability to destroy colonies make them a very legitimate threat. You are looking at this in terms of their success/failures as shown in show during Part2. I am looking at this from an overall threat level with the statement you made that were worthless as enemies in Part2. I already said as much in my previous reply that they did not accomplish their main goals since the opposition fought tooth an nail to keep it from happening.

As for the Magicians 8 they're simply there to be the "stronger than normal bad guys" which only the main/supporting characters kill off. They're in every mecha series I can think of

"and singlehandly being able to push them back and expose their plot and pushing them into hiding?"

^^^Was this intended to be a separate sentence about the Vagans themselves? Because you somehow looped it in with the part about the Mag8. You make it sound like the EF did it easily. Not the case. And the Vegans never went into hiding, everyone knew where they were (Mars) and the fighting still continued during the time gap (In which I also believe the EF lost the Moon to them). Its only at the start of Part3 that they initiated their Earth takeover.

And that's bad writing. He's a waste of a character who didn't contribute to anything despite being hyped up ad an adversary to Flit.

His time mostly ended in S1. It still though does not change the fact they decided to bring him back as a typical villain,

Flit doesn't even acknowledge Desil's existence, he doesn't even take the killing blow. Ironically Wolf's death was about Asem's development.

He barely acknowledges his existence. Not "doesn't even", once on the battlefield the first time, then once later when he's captains the Diva and troll-defeats him using the ships guns. But yeah Wolfs death is mostly for Asemu. The lashback to Flit is only for the audience as Flit never knows who kills Wolf (well at least what we saw onscreen)

It's shown in the show that the G-Self uses the abilities of the previous packs IN SHOW in the last damn episode Bellri says he'll use an ability from the Tricky pack in episode 8, which if you weren't blind like the rest of the haters for the show you would see but that's seem to be too much to ask from you.

I replied as such because you said in your previous comment that "ALL" the Perfect Packs features come from previous packs. It does not, it incorporates lots of those previous features yes, but it also got its own new tricks such as the tractor beams or those new missiles. I was mainly calling you out here on your wording (using the word "All")

Kinda hard to respond to someone who says the show has no plot. That's just plain ignorant.

Thats more the reason to respond properly and throw everything back in their face right? I agree the comment is ignorant, but there are better ways of replying, which lead to the next part about being an "idiot"

I'm not defending AGE and failing to criticize G-Reco like you are so it's hard for me to be the idiot in this conversation

I referred to you as an idiot in return because of the insults to other people, not the arguments
And thank you for replying in an easier format to follow

BTW we are also getting way off-topic, lets try to keep it more to G-Reco K?
Old 2015-03-28, 21:56   Link #50
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Why are you guys discussing Gundam Age here?
Old 2015-03-28, 21:58   Link #51
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuoh DeltaPlus View Post
Why are you guys discussing Gundam Age here?
Oh it came up naturally as people compared it to G-Reco
Old 2015-03-28, 22:02   Link #52
Magewolf

I quite liked the show and the ending after watching it again. It could have used another whole episode for the after effects instead of the cliffnotes we got at the end but even so it was fun.

Tomino has a very brisk style and he has always had a sort of out of left field way of writing relationships which combined to make the ending very unlike most modern shows. Part of the problem is that he almost never has characters talk about things they already know so you have to pick info out of brief comments and peoples actions. For example the bit with Klim and his father goes back almost to the start of the show but it only showed up in off hand comments , Klim's talk about overthrowing his father, his father's actions with the fleet, and Klim's character through the show. And the reasons for almost everything are shown the same way so they are not as clear as most shows make them.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 00:22   Link #53
Ansa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
I quite liked the show and the ending after watching it again. It could have used another whole episode for the after effects instead of the cliffnotes we got at the end but even so it was fun.

Tomino has a very brisk style and he has always had a sort of out of left field way of writing relationships which combined to make the ending very unlike most modern shows. Part of the problem is that he almost never has characters talk about things they already know so you have to pick info out of brief comments and peoples actions. For example the bit with Klim and his father goes back almost to the start of the show but it only showed up in off hand comments , Klim's talk about overthrowing his father, his father's actions with the fleet, and Klim's character through the show. And the reasons for almost everything are shown the same way so they are not as clear as most shows make them.
Do you understand that what you just described is the mark of a terrible writer?
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 05:11   Link #54
Tetsu Aero

Wow, this show was even worse than ZZ gundam was.
I mean the episode directing has been terrible. Almost no characters got any background development and too much focus was put on character quirks.

Now i saw from the previous episode that they wouldn't be able to finish all the plot points in episode 26. But this ending was sorely lacking. Nobody got a conclusion, and then there was a timeskip as well. Ugh...
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 10:29   Link #55
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
okay, we will wait for the next Gundam tv show in 2017-something or next year if Bandai was that desperate forcing Sunrise to do multiple mecha shows at the same time,

ladies & gentlemen, pick your staff that you thrust the most, both the director & story writer that you believe could make "the best" Gundam show ever in the world of poor ratings.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 14:07   Link #56
Jestersage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
okay, we will wait for the next Gundam tv show in 2017-something or next year if Bandai was that desperate forcing Sunrise to do multiple mecha shows at the same time,

ladies & gentlemen, pick your staff that you thrust the most, both the director & story writer that you believe could make "the best" Gundam show ever in the world of poor ratings.
Gen Urobuchi. He will be perfect to talk about the Kunata... human jelly anyone?

On a sidenote, how is the Japanese side reaction?
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 22:32   Link #57
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Almost no characters got any background development and too much focus was put on character quirks.
Pretty much all 80s Tomino series are like that.
Quote:
Go Nagai and Shoji Kawamori

/thread
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 22:52   Link #58
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post

The typo is killing me ROFL
Old 2015-03-29, 22:59   Link #59
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
The typo is killing me ROFL
Agreed. Those are good typos if there ever was one LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Go Nagai and Shoji Kawamori
At this point, I won't trust Shoji for a dollar until he comes up with a script that I consider good.
Old 2015-03-30, 09:46   Link #60
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
At this point, I won't trust Shoji for a dollar until he comes up with a script that I consider good.
Other than Arjuna I never came across a work of his I didn't find at least decent.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote