AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-03-18, 06:18   Link #1501
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

4-2 at the very least has less trolling compass spins. It's unlike 4-3, where ever since I cleared the map I have got to the boss less than three times ever since!

4-3 drains my resources so much but it's great leveling for me. I have Shigure and KTKM-sama on level 66 and 60 respectively. Right now I'm on a sparkle run for my DDs to get those resources back.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 09:28   Link #1502
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I... haven't done those quests. How much resources do they gives in total? 0_0
Spent most of my days busy sending subs out to 2-3, and if have free time, levelling 3-2A while browse internet.

Meanwhile , after sending 1.5 months (doing 4 every day, so roughly 360 tries) try to get Hacchi, got the triplets of Hacchi in less than , i think 50 tries. The last one was during the hunt for Z3.

Anyone got Z3 btw? I used the 270-150-370-50 without much lucks so far
Old 2014-03-18, 09:53   Link #1503
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
No, but it's a 50/50 chance of getting to the boss with next to no resistance on the way, and even when you miss the boss node, you get a transport ship node. And let's not forget about all those submarine nodes and steel nodes.

Besides, you got like what, 5 days to do it. Remember, you're not supposed to finish a weekly in one go.
Hmm that is something to think about. Thanks.

That's true. It always slips my mind. Probably because the my most-done boss related quest is the world 2 daily.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 10:42   Link #1504
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
Hmm that is something to think about. Thanks.

That's true. It always slips my mind. Probably because the my most-done boss related quest is the world 2 daily.
I guess I forgot to mention that, in order to maximize your bauxite reward from that weekly, you should avoid using CVs for 4-2. Truth to be told, you don't really need them for it, 2~3 Type 3 Shells on your BBs and CAs on top of max AA mod stats for your fleet will be more than enough to render those cutesy CV nodes mostly harmless.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 12:38   Link #1505
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Why are WeissSchwarz players panicking about Kongou at 8500 power? (though I'm sure there were some who believe it is not all powerful)
Old 2014-03-18, 15:14   Link #1506
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
I guess I forgot to mention that, in order to maximize your bauxite reward from that weekly, you should avoid using CVs for 4-2. Truth to be told, you don't really need them for it, 2~3 Type 3 Shells on your BBs and CAs on top of max AA mod stats for your fleet will be more than enough to render those cutesy CV nodes mostly harmless.
Yeah I figured that it'd be the case. The reason I thought the reward was low was because I assumed you had to use at least some CVs for the maps, making the 700 bauxite reward really minimal. If you can get away with just AA then I'll give it a shot.
Old 2014-03-19, 06:50   Link #1507
usspaul

i have a question what lvl should I be around to beat 5-2 at ? I know I need 2 cvs and 1 cvl to get to the boss and then I have kongo at 98 and 2cls to deal with the subs. but I still cant seem to kill the boss. so I was just wondering who I should send and what lvl should everyone be at to beat it ?
usspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 07:02   Link #1508
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Lvl60-70 is enough for this map.
What's more important at this point of the game is the equipement.
Old 2014-03-19, 07:17   Link #1509
usspaul

so then I take it im gonna need better planes then. what HQ lvl should I be to start crafting 3 star planes cause im only lvl81 and ive had no real luck with getting higher lvl planes
usspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 07:26   Link #1510
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Should be already enough. Just use 20/60/10/100 for a while, and there should be some proper planes showing up on the long run.
Old 2014-03-19, 07:51   Link #1511
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Regarding 4-2, after making 10 runs tonight, I remember now why I hated it so much: despite the "suggested" fleet compo of having two DDs, I kept getting routed south (6 out of 4 times), and only hit the boss node twice.

And take note despite being AA-Heavy (2 BBs, 2 CAs armed with Type-3s, around 90+AA on these four), Lantern's forecast is EXTREMELY optimistic, as without true air cover, the CVs will still hit you hard. I found that Yellow health was extremely common.

At that point I threw my hands up in the air, and gave up.
Old 2014-03-19, 09:10   Link #1512
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

The 2 DD composition doesn't do much for the branching rule in 4-2, all it does is prevent you from going north-west from the CL/CA fleet node and into the whirlpool node, which I actually don't mind running into since that route gives you an extra chance to roll for the boss node. So I only bring 1 DD/CL along with CLTs to deal with the subs for dailies. Probably won't be able to kill them all if I get the 6 sub composition but meh, would rather have more firepower.

And... What's wrong with yellow health? You're bound to take some minor damage on any map to begin with, not even 2-3 sub runs are spared from this. If taking minor damage 7~8 out of 10 runs is "optimistic" then I don't know what's the definition of "safe" is for you. Well... can't really get away from that 1 or 2 bucket bill from the boss node I guess. Otherwise this is one of those few maps you can keep running with chipped health and fumes until someone gets chipped to orange or crit to red and needs repair. Of course there's gonna be a little risk of going home for the DDs or CLTs if you sortie them yellow but that's something you're supposed to work out yourself whether or not you want to spend a bucket on them

Last edited by Lantern; 2014-03-19 at 09:34.
Old 2014-03-19, 09:44   Link #1513
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I'm not fun of running through a map with a yellow ship as it just increases the chance of one of my girls getting dropped below orange on the pre-boss node, which in five of the ten runs I had tonight spawned Wo-Class carriers for me, and each and every time it happened it DID drop a ship to red -- Shimakaze, Maya, Chikuma, Atago, and Nagato, in that order. It's midweek, and RNG already hates me.
Old 2014-03-19, 11:58   Link #1514
Mistwrath
Always confused . . .

Planes wise I tend to use 21/60/20/131 for my recipe.

So far it has been been giving me quite alot of 3 star planes out of my 4 daily attempts.

Almost 1 x 3 star everyday.
Old 2014-03-19, 12:40   Link #1515
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

The thing about 4-2 is that going to the non-boss node is really frustrating resource wise if the world 4 boss quest is the only one you have on. I already finished the transport ship quests but I imagine if I were to do both at the same time 4-2 is hitting two birds with one stone.

Also I almost always have to repair ships after the boss node itself. As for the nodes before the boss node the AA stuff was pretty sufficient for me though. It's chip damage only. Though if I get the red T-cross they get to chip me more
Old 2014-03-19, 13:26   Link #1516
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
The thing about 4-2 is that going to the non-boss node is really frustrating resource wise if the world 4 boss quest is the only one you have on. I already finished the transport ship quests but I imagine if I were to do both at the same time 4-2 is hitting two birds with one stone.
Hmm, you can try what I do:

The daily and weekly quests go like this:

Dailies:
1) 1 Battle
2) 1 Victory
3) 3 Transport Ships
4) 5 World 2 Boss Victories
5) 6 Submarines

Weeklies to note:
- "Ro" gou, 50 Transport Ships

I pick up the 3 Transport Ships daily quest, check the World 4 weekly, and keep running until I get the 3 Transport Ship kills OR 1 Boss kill, whichever happens last.

Then I take it easy and do other stuff and grind that World 2 Boss daily slowly.

Once I'm done with that, I pick up the 6 SS quest and come back to World 4, and run it until I get the 6 SS kills OR 1 Boss kill, again, whichever happens last. Any transport ship kill will go to the 50 Transport Ship weekly once its unlocked.

At the same time, any steel I pick up pays for my repair bills from the boss.

With that, I'll get my minimum 2 kills a day, and any extra kills will be bonus. And at that rate I'm usually able to finish the weekly on Saturday, just the night before reset.

If you're not into grinding that World 2 daily, then there's no harm in skipping it all together as it's pretty annoying.
Just take it easy. Oh and don't forget to bring some CAs along to level. Devs like to nudge people to use underused ships.
Old 2014-03-19, 14:24   Link #1517
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Sounds good, I guess I'll give it a try when it resets

Quote:
Just take it easy. Oh and don't forget to bring some CAs along to level. Devs like to nudge people to use underused ships.
CAs are underused? I actually like them
Old 2014-03-19, 14:43   Link #1518
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
CAs are underused? I actually like them
General consensus is that people look down on CAs

Because A) They don't have the raw firepower of BBs, B) They don't have the tankiness of BBs or the agility of DDs and C) They can't attack subs.

CAs' strong points are their night battle prowess and all rounded built that makes them flexible support units, which ironically makes their use very situation dependent and thus limited.

If it weren't for branching rules and night battle maps like the Fall Event and 5-3, most wouldn't even bother to level CAs.

AND even then, many blame the difficulty of those maps on RNG and rarely if ever give credit to CAs for their ability to actually perform well in those map.

Last but not least, CAs are difficult to level with efficiency due to their inability to MVP against every other classes in day battles.

So yeah...

We are the few and few CA fans around.

Last edited by Lantern; 2014-03-19 at 14:57.
Old 2014-03-19, 15:01   Link #1519
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

My major problem with CA is that CL nearly perform as good as them in general.
They do have some purpose such as much stronger AA capabilities with Type 3 and tankiness, but they aren't exactly the most versatile ship class, when you have CL around.

As far as it goes, CA needs one class specific ability to make them interesting on their own. Likewise, CL are "just" beefed up DD on many occasions. If CA could actually protect non-flagship non-CA for instance, that could really be a good feature to keep 1 or 2 in a general purpose fleet.
Old 2014-03-19, 16:18   Link #1520
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
My major problem with CA is that CL nearly perform as good as them in general.
They do have some purpose such as much stronger AA capabilities with Type 3 and tankiness, but they aren't exactly the most versatile ship class, when you have CL around.

As far as it goes, CA needs one class specific ability to make them interesting on their own. Likewise, CL are "just" beefed up DD on many occasions. If CA could actually protect non-flagship non-CA for instance, that could really be a good feature to keep 1 or 2 in a general purpose fleet.
See, this is interesting because I have minor problems with CLs for the same reasoning in that they simply don't perform as well as CAs in their given roles.

They are the best at nuking subs and have great night battle power. Period.

However, the fact that they can attack subs means that they will get distracted by them if I fail to deal with the subs, as evidently shown in mixed compositions like 5-3 boss as well as pvp. And if I want to confront the sub using line abreast, I'd bring DDs because they can take full advantage of the evasion bonus from it with their already high evasion.

Also, they can hardly take a hit without getting red-zoned in both day and night battles due to being stuck in between CAs and DDs in terms of health, armor and evasion respectively. In pvp, I've almost never seen a CL survive into night battle after being targeted. The same could be said for the CLTs but the difference is that CLTs have extreme offensive capability to make up for it.

Lastly, and I think this is the one that draws the line between CAs and CLs, is that even with good base AA stat, they are still pretty vulnerable against CV heavy fleets due to their, again, mediocre health, armor and evasion, on top of their disadvantage of 1 less equipment slot and the inability to equip Type 3 Shells. DDs, at least, has high evasion, and even then they still aren't ideal for late game maps as those maps in general are littered with CVs all over the place, let alone CLs.

Unlike CAs, who can do a splendid job in AA support, can act as a viable tank by bringing the searchlight in night battle, have enough firepower to actually deal decent damage to FBBs and FCVs during the day, and ignore subs to deal with targets that actually matter, the fact that CLs can't, ironically, specialize and perform well in a given strategic role other than sub killing to make up for their fragility, puts them in a somewhat embarrassing position, for me at least.

Until they add maps that emphasize on strong ASW and mechanics where you can't just cheese out by ignoring the SS on boss nodes aside from branching rules, CLs right now is a very low priority for me other than expeditions.

It all comes down to player preference, really.

Last edited by Lantern; 2014-03-19 at 16:38.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls