AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-12-25, 10:38   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 929 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

A merry Christmas and happy holiday to you all! The last spoiler of the year is out, courtesy of Redon and co. over at AP:

-Chapter title is "Shogun Kurozumi Orochi". Splash is a color page.

-Franky learns that the carpenter he's working for sold off the blueprints to Kaidou's estate 10 years ago. Upon doing a bit of sleuthing at a pawn shop and various other places, he discovers that the blueprints are now in the Kuri province, so he decides to get Kinemon's advice on the manner. Meanwhile, Inuarashi and his gang of minks steal food from Kaidou's men, then leave behind notes saying that Shutenmaru was responsible for the thefts, heh. As for Zoro, he runs into a fellow known as Tonoyasu, who he helped win in gambling. The both of them head for a town located near the Flower Capital, which is Yasu's hometown, Ebisu.

-At Orochi's castle, the shogun is currently having a secret audience with none other than..... CP0!!! It's revealed that with Doflamingo now out of the picture, the WG is now forced to make these secret dealings with Wano directly! Orochi demands the WG provide him with battleships and even Vegapunk, but the CP0 agents are understandably reluctant to fulfill such outrageous demands.... as, after all, the shogun has Kaidou backing him. Soon, the banquet begins, and Orochi finds himself surrounded by many beautiful courtesans....

-Back outside of the palace, some townsfolk are panicking as Kaidou's men (more specifically, the Flying Six, known to be the six strongest headliners), have arrived to punish the soba cart owner.... in other words, Sanji. Both he and Law are face-to-face against two headliners: X Drake and Page One, both of whom possess the powers of the Ryuu Ryuu (Dragon) no Mi Ancient Zoans! Drake's is Model Allosaurus (and it looks like he's in his beastman mode), while Page One's is Model Spinosaurus. And if that weren't enough, Basil Hawkins is present, as well! Law asks why the magician is there too, to which he responds that he's pursuing someone. He also warns Drake that he might have his hands fuller with this mission than he realizes....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2019-01-02 at 17:25.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 22:00   Link #2
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

lol, if Sanji was there... he could mock Zoro with that.

Man, i really want to see both are teasing each other before Zoro vs Sanji start again. But to think Zoro got lost that far...

Update:
Looks like Shueisha and Oda are on two week break right now.

Last edited by Ramero; 2018-12-28 at 06:00.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-29, 01:16   Link #3
marvelB

Okay, made a nice, big ol' edit now that more info is out! Man, Franky playing detective (kinda reminds me of how he did something like that in Dressrosa), the WG making shady dealings with the shogun, more dino Zoans.... this is quite a bit to take in. BTW, Redon noted that Orochi shoots one of the CP0 agents in the head, but they came out unscathed. Also, another of them is wearing something like a Hawaiian mask, which may or may not hint that agent is CP9's Jabra (aka the wolfman, who wore Hawaiian -type shirts before).

Anyway, I'm a little surprised Oda chose to go the Allosaurus route with Drake instead of the more obvious T-Rex (but then again, maybe that's why he chose it in the first place). Also, I find it particularly interesting that nearly all the pirates facing off at the end of the chapter are North Blue natives (Sanji, Law, Drake, and Hawkins). I wonder if Oda will round it out and reveal Page One is a North Blue pirate, too?
Old 2018-12-29, 11:40   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Allosaurus is a nice choice for Drake. I hope Sanji is going to perform well in this fight.

Interesting that the CP0 is here, although they're probably not going to get involved with the battle. Orochi looks and acts like total fodder, which isn't surprising given that he's basically just a figurehead, with Kaido holding power. He reminds me of a Tenryuubito. I'm surprised he supposedly has a dragon fruit, too, as his silhouette in an earlier chapter implied.
Old 2018-12-29, 16:16   Link #5
Rainbowman

So, the dinosaur zoans are called Dragons. I wonder if there would be models such as Carnataur, Triceratops, Stegosaurus, and Deinonychus to name a few?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-30, 08:36   Link #6
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh boi....

are they going to gather all the worst generation in one single arc? we just need Jewelry Bonnie (although she is most likely in Reverie).. I don't really care about Udonge or Apo
at least the best of them are all present (Kidd, Luffy, Zoro, Law, Hawkins, and Drake)

Orochi didn't look strong... is he that type of villain who would apologize quickly after all his subordinates got defeated? or could he transform into huge poisonous Hydra?
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-30, 12:23   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Chapter's out. It was funny to see Robin and Komurasaki a few panels apart, if not for Robin's nose they would look like twins
Old 2018-12-30, 14:02   Link #8
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
oh boi....

are they going to gather all the worst generation in one single arc? we just need Jewelry Bonnie (although she is most likely in Reverie).. I don't really care about Udonge or Apo
at least the best of them are all present (Kidd, Luffy, Zoro, Law, Hawkins, and Drake)

Orochi didn't look strong... is he that type of villain who would apologize quickly after all his subordinates got defeated? or could he transform into huge poisonous Hydra?

The Reverie is over so it possible of she appears here but I not was built on it.

About Orochi, I hope not even if he not strong as Luffy I do not want to see a main enemy who going to do nothing in this Arc.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-30, 21:39   Link #9
rladls2121

Maybe the World Government and Marines will deliver a finishing blow after Straw Hats and its huge alliance somehow weaken Kaido and the current Wano Country.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-01, 11:57   Link #10
grecefar

Damn orochi looks as useless as wapool and what a waste of fruit on him, but well that's oda and his crazy looks.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-01, 13:46   Link #11
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Damn orochi looks as useless as wapool and what a waste of fruit on him, but well that's oda and his crazy looks.
Even Wapol and Stelly look better than Orochi does. Orochi, on the other hand? Yeesh.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-01, 23:35   Link #12
judasmartel
*Author

Disappointed Orochi is a Spandam-like character, only thousands of times worse.
Old 2019-01-02, 16:27   Link #13
Hoodspirit

His personality is leagues above spandam and Wapol though.

And he was confident enough not to die fighting against three CP0 agents alone until help arrived.

Isn't he kind of like Blackbeared? A bit goofy and loves to party, but also being menacing when he wants to achieve his goal?
Old 2019-01-02, 17:23   Link #14
necrolyte

^I am with you on this one, he looks more like Blackbeard than Wapol or Spandam, he really fought against cp0 alone and didn't even flinch. I think he will be stronger than people here think.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-02, 17:56   Link #15
marvelB

Okay, I know I'm a few days late (got caught up in holiday festivities), but I updated the opening summary! Man, that color page is awesome. Also, I rather enjoyed some of the little details present in the chapter, like that one carpenter smacking Franky's head so hard that his eyes and teeth came flying out of his face, heh. Anyway, I guess Kinemon suspects that Ashura/Shutenmaru is the one who stole the blueprints for Kaidou's house? Would make sense considering that he's a bandit. But I suppose it could also be one of those other allies the samurai have been searching for....

As for Orochi.... well, I'll wait before judging him further. He most certainly does seem to be another Spandam/Wapol-type of villain at first glance, but perhaps he himself is also a samurai of decent enough skill to back up his position as shogun. Or, at the very least, that DF power of his will hopefully prove to not be just for show. One thing I can say for certain though, is that Sanji will not be happy to see how much of a food-waster he is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
His personality is leagues above spandam and Wapol though.

And he was confident enough not to die fighting against three CP0 agents alone until help arrived.
Well, he flat-out explained the reason for his confidence right there: Kaidou. I'd think that having the backing of the world's most powerful creature is reason enough for him to basically take a dump on the faces of the WG's top assassins without fearing the repercussions, don't ya think?

And while on the subject of confident leaders..... I'm actually finding myself a bit more interested in Kyoushirou. He had the testicular fortitude to openly mock Orochi in a public restaurant (calling him a coward), and had enough pull to oh-so-casually request that Kaidou send some of his strongest forces to deal with the troublemakers who took out the two-bit thugs working under him. It actually reminds me a bit of the kind of influence Doflamingo had before his downfall. I wonder if Kyoushirou has similar connections, like maybe he's part of some powerful samurai clan closely related to Orochi's? Heck, he might even be a rogue member of the Kouzuki lineage (which would again kinda mirror Dofla, him being a rogue Celestial Dragon)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Chapter's out. It was funny to see Robin and Komurasaki a few panels apart, if not for Robin's nose they would look like twins
Too bad Okiku wasn't there. Then we could have had triplets!
Old 2019-01-03, 02:55   Link #16
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

And while on the subject of confident leaders..... I'm actually finding myself a bit more interested in Kyoushirou. He had the testicular fortitude to openly mock Orochi in a public restaurant (calling him a coward), and had enough pull to oh-so-casually request that Kaidou send some of his strongest forces to deal with the troublemakers who took out the two-bit thugs working under him. It actually reminds me a bit of the kind of influence Doflamingo had before his downfall. I wonder if Kyoushirou has similar connections, like maybe he's part of some powerful samurai clan closely related to Orochi's? Heck, he might even be a rogue member of the Kouzuki lineage (which would again kinda mirror Dofla, him being a rogue Celestial Dragon)....
Much like Big Mom that send a Retaliation Strike Force when a Sweet Commander is defeated.

Actually, i want to see how far Zoro went from being lost and hopefully Robin can get the intel that Straw Hats want since that place seems to be where people can boast anything without worry.

As for CP-0, since Lucci and Kaku are on Reverie, hopefully they won't mess up this time. Or maybe they inform the Marines that they need more firepower.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-08, 15:10   Link #17
WyrdMonger

Shouldn’t the two week break be over by now?
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-10, 18:14   Link #18
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyrdMonger View Post
Shouldn’t the two week break be over by now?
It will end next week.