AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2019-02-01, 23:48   Link #21
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Maybe I missed it, but is Sanji fighting a synthetic devil fruit user? If so, it seems like these characters are fodder akin to the level a Kuma clone would be.

Pretty sure Page One is a legit Zoan. If he were a SMILE user, he'd have a more "incomplete" appearance (like Holdem with the lion sticking out of his stomach, or that weird hippo guy from a few chapters back). However, Page One clearly transformed between full and half-beast modes during the fight (and his fruit was clearly pointed out as being an Ancient Zoan upon his introduction), so.... yeah. Real deal.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-02, 00:15   Link #22
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Pretty sure Page One is a legit Zoan. If he were a SMILE user, he'd have a more "incomplete" appearance (like Holdem with the lion sticking out of his stomach, or that weird hippo guy from a few chapters back). However, Page One clearly transformed between full and half-beast modes during the fight (and his fruit was clearly pointed out as being an Ancient Zoan upon his introduction), so.... yeah. Real deal.
Ahhhhh this makes sense. I also like the explanation because it won't cheapen Sanji's fight and the premier of his new suit. So Ancient Zoan types can't be replicated with SMILE as far as we know? I'd be curious to see how powerful a SMILE user could be and to what extent they can utilize the power. For the story's sake though, I think it's probably better to keep them as fodder.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-02, 04:29   Link #23
MAX_COLA_POWER!

This is dump all the ancient and mythic zoans we can think of into this story, the arc, and you know? I'm A-OK with that.
Old 2019-02-02, 04:54   Link #24
The Small One

Quote:
Ahhhhh this makes sense. I also like the explanation because it won't cheapen Sanji's fight and the premier of his new suit. So Ancient Zoan types can't be replicated with SMILE as far as we know? I'd be curious to see how powerful a SMILE user could be and to what extent they can utilize the power. For the story's sake though, I think it's probably better to keep them as fodder.
To me it looks like the author introduced those Smile-Users only for the sole purpose of beeing able to create even crazier character designs.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-03, 13:37   Link #25
marvelB

Quote:

To further alleviate your fears of Sanji testing his suit on fodder, remember that both P1 and Drake are part of a group known collectively as the "Flying Six", who are the six strongest headliners under Kaidou's command. So yeah, it looks like Sanji's taking on some relatively big fish (even if not quite as big as the Disasters). Actually, I wonder if the Flying Six are all Zoans (not necessarily all Ancient-type), since Hawkins doesn't seem to count as one of them...?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-07, 00:04   Link #26
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I doubt Sanji is going to keep this suit too. Or if he does, then the stealth function will somehow become unusable (maybe destroyed by Nami and Robin themselves).
One can only hope. Sanji could always try to get the Invisibility Devil Fruit from Blackbeardís subordinate now that Absalom has become a corpse. 💀
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote