AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2019-02-06, 10:53   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 932 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Hey, guys! Time for a nice, early spoiler! Credit goes to AP's Redon for the info:

-Chapter title is "The Shogun and the Oiran (courtesan)". Splash page features Caesar.

-The Oniwabanshu ninjas have Robin cornered. She announces herself as the "Witching Hour Boy" (The thief mentioned a few chapters back), and is soon attacked by the ninja leader, Fukurokuju! However, it turns out he attacked a clone made by her ability! The real Robin is making her escape, and gets in contact with Nami's group, warning them that there are at least 11 ninjas guarding the castle....

-As Robin rejoins Orochi's banquet, the shogun reminds everyone present that it's the 20th anniversary of Kouzuki Oden's death, as well as the year his old retainers are supposed to come take revenge, as prophesied by Oden's wife, Toki. Orochi's men, however, are skeptical of the prophecy. Orochi says that Oden's "Nine Red Scabbards" were all powerful samurai, and is particularly wary of Kinemon, their leader, due to his cunning. He believes that the recent incidents taking place in Wano, such as the ruckus in Kuri and the soba shop owner in the capital, were all masterminded by Kinemon. Once again, the shogun's retainers are skeptical, although yakuza boss Kyoushirou says he hopes those samurai really are alive, so he can cut them down himself....

-Orochi concludes his speech by saying that he believes Oden's son is still alive, who is planning to defeat Kaidou and revive the Kouzuki clan. Once more, the shogun's retainers think their lord is a paranoid madman, but refrain from laughing. However, one person does seem to laugh out loud at Orochi's ramblings.... Toko, the servant of Komurasaki. she an't help the laughter due to it being a quirk of hers, but the damage is done: An angry Orochi decides to punish the child as he unsheathes his sword! However, Komurasaki shields Toko, then proceeds to smack the living crap out of Orochi!!! This only further enrages the shogun, who transforms into his Orochi form....!!!!

-As the shogun goes on his rampage, Robin takes Toko and flees. However, this act gets her discovered by the Oniwabanshu! Amidst all the chaos, Kyoushirou seems to get excited, and lays a hand on his blade.....

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2019-02-07 at 16:18.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-06, 11:12   Link #2
marvelB

I gotta say.... Orochi really does look more intimidating in his... well, Orochi mode compared to his human form, heh. Now I'm curious to see how he looks in his beastman form. I'm also quite interested in seeing Kyoushirou in action, as well. As I said a while back, it seems many mysteries surround the guy, and that just further fascinates me. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Komurasaki says that she's a warrior's daughter in one of the pics. A further hint that she's Momo's sister, perhaps....?
Old 2019-02-07, 00:19   Link #3
Rainbowman

I gotta say, Orachiís beast form is ugly in a silly way. 😝🤪 Reminds me of when Robin was a gorgon in the Mugiwara Theatre short Monster Time. The way those snakes were squealing was so eerie it was funny.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-07, 00:21   Link #4
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

GASP?! are we about to see a rare Robin fight??
Old 2019-02-07, 02:05   Link #5
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Nami, use lighting to punish those ninjas...

Looking forward to see the fight breaks out on the castle.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-07, 02:34   Link #6
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
I was already amazed with her bunshin technique though

and I think Komurasaki is Oden's wife... well or probably Momonosuke's sister

this might explain about her horrible personality.. she might destroy several bad people's financial with her charm since only Orochi's people are rich in this country
Others could not afford to meet Komurasaki
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-07, 08:06   Link #7
Theia_Loki

This does give more credence to Komurasaki possibly being Hiyori. And it looks like Orochi does not like being laughed at, seeing as he about to make mincemeat out of Toko, a child (for laughing when she doesn't mean it). At least Judge didn't try to outright murder a child, especially his own. I'm actually looking forward to a potential clash between these two (assuming Judge returns) if only to see Orochi squirm afterward, although him getting whatever the alliance gives him payback-wise will work just as well.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-07, 10:05   Link #8
TURI123456

Only I get mistaking between Robin and Komurasaki in this chapter?
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-07, 13:02   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I have no more doubt Komurasaki is Hiyori.

Looking forward to seeing Kyoshiro beat the crap out of Orochi next week.
Old 2019-02-07, 16:45   Link #10
marvelB

I dunno.... while I agree Komurasaki's lines do strongly hint that she could be Oden's daughter, there's still a small part of me who feels that she could be a potential red herring.... you know, kinda like how king Riku of Dressrosa seemed to be Kyros when he was first introduced as "Ricky" in Doflamingo's tournament. This may turn out to be a similar situation here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
Man, I'd freaking love for Robin to get a proper fight this arc. It's been a long time since she had one (since Skypiea, I believe). I'm still disappointed that Oda trolled us out of giving her a good match-up at Dressrosa (Trebol, Diamante, Gladius....), so here's to hoping she gets to kick some ninja butt this arc (even if it means she has to team up with the rest of Nami's group)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
No surprise, there! That's what happens when you have a bunch of clones introduced throughout the series (who weren't created from Robin's ability..... OR WERE THEY!? )
Old 2019-02-07, 19:06   Link #11
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
i was about to say the same thing...
Old 2019-02-08, 11:54   Link #12
marvelB

Oh, BTW:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Looking forward to seeing Kyoshiro beat the crap out of Orochi next week.
How do you know it's Orochi he's targeting? He could be going for Komurasaki instead. Guy's gotta keep his bitches in line, right?
Old 2019-02-08, 12:01   Link #13
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Oh, BTW:

How do you know it's Orochi he's targeting? He could be going for Komurasaki instead. Guy's gotta keep his bitches in line, right?
Well, he said it would be a "Bloodbath", so it's likely he's talking about a group of people being killed and not a single defenseless woman.
Old 2019-02-08, 12:06   Link #14
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
He talked about how Yakuzas protect their "family" just earlier, Komurasaki obviously count as part of it. It's pretty clear she's more than just a courtesan to him. Furthermore, we know he has no respect for Orochi, and in fact thinks of him as a coward. Him rebelling against him was just a matter of time, this just hastened things.
Old 2019-02-08, 16:05   Link #15
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Well, he said it would be a "Bloodbath", so it's likely he's talking about a group of people being killed and not a single defenseless woman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He talked about how Yakuzas protect their "family" just earlier, Komurasaki obviously count as part of it. It's pretty clear she's more than just a courtesan to him. Furthermore, we know he has no respect for Orochi, and in fact thinks of him as a coward. Him rebelling against him was just a matter of time, this just hastened things.

You both certainly make good points, and while I was half-joking in my post to begin with..... well, I guess I kinda wouldn't put it past Kyoushirou to be the "tough love" type. I doubt he would kill Komurasaki, but he might still punish her for offending Orochi. Sure, he may have talked smack about the shogun in public, but I doubt even he would go as far as the courtesan did in an event as big as this banquet. Regardless of his personal feelings, he may have to teach Komurasaki a "lesson" to at least keep up a facade of loyalty..... lest he risk some dire consequences befalling his "family".

....Of course, this is depending on how much influence the yakuza boss holds over Wano's government. If he's like Doflamingo and rules over a vast underground empire (or is at least closer buddies with Kaidou than Orochi is), then yes, I can see him making the shogun his bitch without fear of repercussion...