AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2019-03-06, 23:17   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 935 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Okay, full summary's out! Credit goes to AP's Redon:

-Chapter title is "Queen". Splash page features Smoker.

-One of the vice-wardens of the prison mine, Solitaire (monkey-type SMILE user), gets a report that the keys to the sea stone cuffs were stolen! The report identified the thief as a man with a big face, which naturally refers to Raizou. The ninja makes his way to Luffy, keys in hand....

-Meanwhile, Luffy takes down the scorpion SMILE user (another vice-warden, named Daifugo) and saves grandpa Hyou. Unfortunately, this action only draws the ire of the rest of the prison guards, who shout for the rubber man to be executed! The other prisoners are worried, and the scorpion guard is perplexed that the supernova still proves to be tough despite the handcuffs. The warden, an elephant-type SMILE user named Old Maid, says there's nothing wrong with the cuffs, it's just that Luffy has a strong will. Luffy himself more or less confirms this, saying that he's in the middle of training right now, and should become stronger once the cuffs come off. However, the warden assaults him, knocking him to the ground! A worried grandpa Hyou checks on him, while the guards inform the warden of Queen's arrival. A frustrated Luffy laments that he can't use haki right now.....

-We then focus on Queen, whose bounty is 1.32 BILLION! It turns out that he himself is a fan of the courtesan Komurasaki, but he's still in the dark about the news of her death. He's been sent to check on the prison's status, and the warden informs him of three issues they're dealing with: Kid's escape, the stolen handcuff keys, and Luffy's current rampage. Queen angrily shouts for them to go after the troublemakers! Meanwhile, at Ebisu town, Law and co. arrive, where they meet Yasu (the guy Zoro was hanging out with). Unfortunately, Zoro has already left town, for as it turns out.... one of his swords was stolen! The group soon notice that Sanji's missing as well, and surmise that he went off to fulfill a certain desire of his....

-Back at the Flower Capital, Nami and the other ladies are hanging out at the public bathhouse, which is mixed-gender. A bunch of men are ogling at Nami and Robin, but when one of them tells Shinobu to move it, he gets an Egg Buster in response, heh. They once again speak of the former yakuza leader Hyougorou the Flower, who was very kind to Wano's citizens, in contrast to the current boss Kyoushirou. Shinobu also reveals she used to work under Fukurokuju in the Oniwabanshu, but left them as she couldn't stand their subservience to Orochi.

-Back at the prison, Luffy and grandpa Hyou are both captured, and brought before Queen! The Disaster offers to pardon the rubber man of his crimes if he joins Kaidou, but our hero naturally refuses. Hyou begs for them to spare Luffy, but his pleas are useless. Raizou is worried by the situation, when someone suddenly calls out to him, asking about Momonosuke's well-being. The prisoner is revealed to be one of the Nine Red Scabbards, Kawamatsu....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2019-03-08 at 09:51.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-06, 23:34   Link #2
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I feel sorry for Smoker though. Got kicked from lodge, and next he got sprayed because of smoking. I think that should be a trigger to reduce his smoking habit.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-07, 09:01   Link #3
marvelB

As promised, updated with info + pics! Some fanservice, a look at past grandpa Hyou (dude looked freaking badass 20 years ago), Zoro's sword getting stolen (perhaps by the Witching Hour Boy?), Sanji about to face death again (if not by nosebleed, then by angry women, lol ), a face-to-face encounter between Luffy and one of Kaidou's Disasters, and the emergence of another of Kinemon's old comrades.... yes, quite a bit to take in this chapter, I'd say!
Old 2019-03-07, 13:34   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Why can't Luffy use haki? Is it because the cuffs weaken him too much?

Surprised Nami and Robin went to mixed baths. If Sanji finds out other men saw them naked, he's going to completely lose it.
Old 2019-03-07, 20:00   Link #5
Rainbowman

When I saw the name Babargy, I wonder if said name was derived from King Babar?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-08, 03:56   Link #6
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was wondering this as well. A more detailed explanation would have been nice, to explain what exactly keeps Luffy from using Haki.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-08, 09:23   Link #7
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Surprised Nami and Robin went to mixed baths. If Sanji finds out other men saw them naked, he's going to completely lose it.
I have mixed feeling for this as well.. Nami and Robin never let other crews to take a bath with them but somehow do it with random people
I'm so salty for this

Luffy is so cool... he is one inch away from execution but he still looks like having fun with all his banter

getting that mafia boss could guarantee easy 5000 people for the rebellion
nice catch, Luffy
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-08, 09:48   Link #8
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
When I saw the name Babargy, I wonder if said name was derived from King Babar?
Turns out that was a mistranslation, the warden's name is actually Old Maid (therefore maintaining the card game-themed names Kaidou's crew have). I gotta say, he looks the most imposing out of the SMILE users we've seen so far, as well (even if that elephant still looks kinda goofy).

Anyway, looks like Queen is the goofball of the Disasters (I was particularly amused by his reactions to the warden's report! ). Still, that 1.32 billion bounty guarantees that he's no slouch in combat.... interesting we still don't know his ability yet, though (but I suppose he's most likely an Ancient Zoan like Jack and King). Also, I assume Kawamatsu was the guy who spat a fish bone at one of the guards when Luffy was first brought to the prison, yes? This guy should prove to be quite formidable, as well (especially since he was one of the guys Kinemon vouched for).....

Also.... I sort of find it ironic that octopuses work as bathhouse attendants..... you know, what with the tentacles and all. Sanji really is gonna go ballistic with jealousy at this point!
Old 2019-03-08, 15:46   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

If Queen's bounty wasn't so high, I would have wanted a fight between him and Franky. Screw it, I still want it.

Nami and Robin letting random dudes seeing them naked gives me mixed feelings as well. Nami suggesting they make the men pay for looking didn't help. It's like Oda noticed less One Piece doujins are getting made nowadays and wanted to give people ideas
It's also so unfair for Sanji. I would be seething with rage and jealousy in his shoes.