AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-10-26, 09:57   Link #21
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theia_Loki View Post
There was also when Big Mom boarded the Sunny and had gotten several blows from Nami and Jinbei at the least back in the climax of the Totto Land Arc. Besides, this is a manga about pirates. And since when have pirates been known to "play fair" and do one-on-one fights? Crocodile said it himself back in Alabasta that "unfair" doesn't exist for pirates.

Also, it seems like Jack referred to his boss in one translation as "insane"... which is rich coming from him.
I said the main battle.

Luffy said the same thing in the battle vs Katakuri and yet I do not see him fought dirty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
That's not entirely true. We've had team battles before (off the top of my head I can think of the Straw-Hats vs. zombie Oars at Thriller Bark, the crew vs. that one PX bot at Sabaody, and heck, even the majority of the Doflamingo battle involved Luffy and Law working together (or heck, the entire island of Dressrosa if you count their efforts to stop the Birdcage)). So yeah, I don't find it implausible at all for Luffy to team up with several powerful allies to take down Kaidou.
If you get out Doflamingo all the outer was not the main enemy of the arc.

Moria, not Oars was the main enemy in Thriller Bark arc and Luffy win him one vs one.

The PX also not was the main enemy in Sabaody arc.

About Doflamingo you half right yes it started as a battle between Luffy and Low vs Doflamingo but from the part of the gear 4, it was a battle of one vs one.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-26, 11:03   Link #22
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theia_Loki View Post
There was also when Big Mom boarded the Sunny and had gotten several blows from Nami and Jinbei at the least back in the climax of the Totto Land Arc.
Well yes, but I was mainly talking about battles where Luffy was involved. Though, now that you brought up Totland, Nami DID help Luffy during his earlier fight against Cracker. If not for her weather abilities, he would have had a much tougher time against Cracker's army of biscuit soldiers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
Moria, not Oars was the main enemy in Thriller Bark arc and Luffy win him one vs one.
Ah, but remember that Moria took direct control of Oars during that fight, so it was indeed the entire crew fighting against him! It's true that Luffy finished him off by himself in the end, but I still wouldn't dismiss that battle as a team effort.

Quote:
The PX also not was the main enemy in Sabaody arc.
True, but the point is that he was still a powerful enemy that required the entire crew to take down together..... at least before the skip anyway (by which point the monster trio were indeed strong enough to take out a single PX solo). But before then, they were pretty much a threat for all the supernova-class pirates, even if you don't count Kizaru's involvement....

Quote:
About Doflamingo you half right yes it started as a battle between Luffy and Low vs Doflamingo but from the part of the gear 4, it was a battle of one vs one.
Ah, but even with Gear 4, there was still a point where Luffy needed to recharge his energy and had to avoid fighting with Dofla in the meantime. At that point, a bunch of the tournament gladiators helped him buy time (including Sabo, who protected him from Burgess). So see, it's not like Luffy never had help in his major battles!

....Though, Oda did confirm in a recent SBS that Luffy would have prevailed against Dofla even without outside help, but let's just take what we can get, yeah?

-----------

BTW, going back to the current chapter, it looks like we have more evidence of Shutenmaru possibly being Ashura Douji..... he seemed pretty upset when Kaidou attacked Oden Castle. And I'm sure he would be, if he were a former retainer who had deep respect for his deceased lord....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-26, 11:17   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It seems like Kaidou isn't drunk anymore, so that option's off the table.

Interesting that Momo turned into a dragon at nearly the same time as Kaidou. Feels like something they could exploit. Maybe Momo could interfere with Kaidou's use of his DF?

About Luffy vs Kaidou, Luffy isn't adverse to the idea of teaming up with others or he wouldn't have made an alliance with Law to being with. He was okay with Capone's plan to bring down Big Mom too, and had no problem with Flampe helping Katakuri during their fight. Just because the majority of the boss battles in this manga have been one on one fights doesn't mean this one will have to be as well. This wouldn't even be new, as was pointed out by other posters.
Old 2018-10-26, 15:14   Link #24
TURI123456

Quote:
Well yes, but I was mainly talking about battles where Luffy was involved. Though, now that you brought up Totland, Nami DID help Luffy during his earlier fight against Cracker. If not for her weather abilities, he would have had a much tougher time against Cracker's army of biscuit soldiers...
I do not say in One Piece their not have a teamwork.

I say at the time of the main battle vs the main antagonist it all wills be Luffy vs the antagonist one ve one.

Quote:

Ah, but even with Gear 4, there was still a point where Luffy needed to recharge his energy and had to avoid fighting with Dofla in the meantime. At that point, a bunch of the tournament gladiators helped him buy time (including Sabo, who protected him from Burgess). So see, it's not like Luffy never had help in his major battles!

....Though, Oda did confirm in a recent SBS that Luffy would have prevailed against Dofla even without outside help, but let's just take what we can get, yeah?

-----------

Still, in this battle not was teamwork (from the part of the gear 4).

Quote:

True, but the point is that he was still a powerful enemy that required the entire crew to take down together..... at least before the skip anyway (by which point the monster trio were indeed strong enough to take out a single PX solo). But before then, they were pretty much a threat for all the supernova-class pirates, even if you don't count Kizaru's involvement....

I may have not recorded it will sorry (English is not my main language) what I mean to say is in One Piece the main battle vs the main antagonist will be one vs one.

Quote:

Ah, but remember that Moria took direct control of Oars during that fight, so it was indeed the entire crew fighting against him! It's true that Luffy finished him off by himself in the end, but I still wouldn't dismiss that battle as a team effort.
His name is Moria or Moriah?

Still, it was a battle vs Oars, not Moriah.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-26, 17:39   Link #25
Tuor

Seems to me that Luffy thinks that Kaido just slaughtered his crew, so he's out for some payback. Tra-guy won't be able to stop him unless he can show Luffy that everyone is still safe.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-28, 07:57   Link #26
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I was wondering if we will met Gekko Moriah. I do remember that he has a grudge against Kaido since he slaughter his old crew before. Furthermore he has been going to hiding since Marineford War where Doflamingo kicks him out. I wonder if Absalom will also return since i want to see him kicked out by Sanji again.

The odds can be increased if we got Moriah since if Kaido's shadow was taken, beasts pirates will be immobilized by day.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-28, 09:10   Link #27
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
I was wondering if we will met Gekko Moriah. I do remember that he has a grudge against Kaido since he slaughter his old crew before. Furthermore he has been going to hiding since Marineford War where Doflamingo kicks him out. I wonder if Absalom will also return since i want to see him kicked out by Sanji again.

The odds can be increased if we got Moriah since if Kaido's shadow was taken, beasts pirates will be immobilized by day.
That is exactly why I'm expecting some inking of a hint that Moria's going to be involved in Wano. Besides, he's the one who stole Shuusui rather than Zoro like Kinemon accused him of in the first place and made off with Ryuma's body.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-31, 21:46   Link #28
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Or they're forced to flee because big mom shows up. Like maybe he is actually winning the fight and Big Mom joins in forcing them to flee
I am 100% counting on Big Mom to show up and join the fray. I think her arrival will actually be a distraction that saves the strawhats and in the confusion they make their escape. Although with her and Kaido squaring off, I wonder who would win?
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-31, 23:52   Link #29
marvelB

For a long time I've figured that Moria would be involved in this arc. I mean, it was through him that we first learned of Kaidou and the Wano country in the first place, so how could he not make an appearance?

Quote:
Still, in this battle not was teamwork (from the part of the gear 4).
Sorry, I meant to reply to you sooner, but I was busy at the time. Anyway, it's true that in terms of the actual fighting, Luffy took on Dofla solo while in Gear 4, but he still had plenty of outside support (and that's not counting all of the people stopping the birdcage from shredding them into ribbons). So in that sense, you could say it was a team effort (though again, I'm not denying that Luffy traded blows with Dofla solo).

Quote:
I may have not recorded it will sorry (English is not my main language) what I mean to say is in One Piece the main battle vs the main antagonist will be one vs one.
I agree that it wasn't a fight against a main villain (and don't worry, I can understand you just fine ), but the point of that particular battle was to serve as a wake-up call to the Straw-Hats that they needed to become stronger in order to survive in the New World. That being said, I don't see it being any less important than a battle against a main arc boss, considering its purpose.

Quote:
His name is Moria or Moriah?

Still, it was a battle vs Oars, not Moriah.
I believe that officially, it's Moriah though I've personally left out the H due to habit, heh. Anyway, I know it was primarily Oars they were battling, but Moria was still controlling him like a puppet, so we really can't ignore that he was involved in that fight, as well....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote