AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-12-19, 12:02   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 928 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Time for an early Christmas present! Info comes courtesy of AP's Redon:

-Chapter title is "Courtesan Komurasaki's debut". Splash page features Franky.

-At the prison mine, the old man who Luffy rescued is grateful to him, but the rubber man takes it in stride and offers the old man some meal tickets. Soon, the ninja Raizou appears in the prison! He informs Luffy that he found the location of the keys for the sea stone handcuffs, but they're contained in a box (which itself is made of sea stone) and is very closely guarded. Thus, he asks the young pirate to be a bit more patient as he figures out a plan. Caribou, who seems to have eavesdropped on the conversation, asks for some meal tickets and a chance to escape in exchange for becoming a subordinate, but Luffy tells him to ask for Kid's help, instead. The swamp-man refuses, saying that Kid's no big deal, as there's a rumor that the supernova lost his arm upon challenging Big Mom! Kid angrily debunks that rumor, saying that while he did indeed challenge one of BM's sweet commanders, the most he got away with was stealing something from the empress. The true cause of his missing arm was the Red Hair Pirates, whom he also challenged in the past. And now, his sights are set on Kaidou! Of course, Luffy insists that he will be the one to take down the emperor...!!!

-At the Flower Capital, we're introduced to the courtesan Komurasaki, who's shown to wear very large okobo (Japanese sandals, basically). Naturally, Sanji fawns over the beauty. Suddenly, three old guys attempt to ambush the courtesan in an effort to kill her! However, they get taken down by her bodyguards. As it turns out, those men were bitter towards Komurasaki because she swindled them out of their money in the past. And she has a partner in crime in her extortion schemes: The yakuza boss, Kyoushirou!

-At Amigasa village, Otama hangs out with Momonosuke, who's busy training. She asks him about his sister, Hiyori, who he presumes is still alive. He heard news of his mother Toki's death, but none of Hiyori's who should be 26 years old in the present time. Tama thinks it would be nice for the siblings to reunite, but Momo says it would be unwise for them to meet now since that might risk in her being targeted by Orochi. Therefore, he intends to have a proper reunion with her when the rebellion proves victorious....

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 12:09   Link #2
marvelB

What a surprise.... another clone. Anyway, me and some others speculated that Komurasaki might be Hiyori, but now it's starting to look more like a red herring, I think. Looks like we can cross Tama off that list, as well. Also, what the heck is with Kid challenging nearly all the emperors!? He suicidal or something!?

Anyway, I also just wanted to clarify what I meant by "possible" break next week: Holiday chapters have a tendency to come out a lot earlier than usual, so while there's technically supposed to be a break next week..... well, let's keep our fingers crossed, shall we?
Old 2018-12-19, 12:26   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think the make-up she's wearing makes her look different enough from the other clones. Not a big difference, of course.

I still say she's Momonosuke's sister, despite her being apparently evil. Since Hiyori is supposed to be 26 years old, that means she was just 6 when she was taken who knows where. A child that age should be easy to influence.

I wonder which one of the Red hair pirates took Kid's arm. I doubt he got to fight Shanks. And if it was him, he would have said it.
Old 2018-12-19, 12:36   Link #4
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I wonder which one of the Red hair pirates took Kid's arm. I doubt he got to fight Shanks. And if it was him, he would have said it.
I think it would be kind of awesome if it were Lucky Roux (the fat dude from Shanks' crew) who took Kid's arm, then casually ate it in front of him, lol.
Old 2018-12-20, 01:13   Link #5
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Nah, i prefer Ben Beckman. Lucky Roux is not a barbaric or cannibal person ya know.

Still, this is common to see another "clone". Hell, this brings me like how Luffy is on quarrel with Bege to defeat Big Mom.

Possible break next week? Probably Shueisha is taking a break next week.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 02:32   Link #6
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

wah... if somehow Komurazaki is Hiyori.. I'll be so sad

and looks like someone just got kicked because messing up with Yonko.. and this time he tried to fight the third one
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 04:04   Link #7
rladls2121

Reminds me of Gintama's Yoshiwara.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 04:10   Link #8
marvelB

Wow, that Komurasaki is a grade-A bitch, all right. That poor old guy (both in the literal and figurative sense). Sorta still doubting that she's Hiyori, though.... but if she is, I imagine Momo would be more than a little disappointed at the prospect of his sister growing up to be a money-hungry prostitute with some lowlife yakuza as her pimp....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Nah, i prefer Ben Beckman. Lucky Roux is not a barbaric or cannibal person ya know.
'Cha talkin' about, man? Back in the very first chapter of the series we saw Lucky casually bust a cap in some bandit schmuck's head while munching on a piece of meat! That tells me right there that the guy's no joke. I could easily see him ripping off Kid's arm in a similarly casual manner, even if he doesn't eat it (I still think it would be kinda badass if he did though, heh).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Possible break next week? Probably Shueisha is taking a break next week.
Again, there technically IS a holiday break next week. But holiday chapters have a tendency to leak super-early, hence the "possible" part. Of course, an early chapter next week means we'll have to wait 2 weeks for chapter 930, but them's the breaks...
Old 2018-12-20, 07:55   Link #9
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
'Cha talkin' about, man? Back in the very first chapter of the series we saw Lucky casually bust a cap in some bandit schmuck's head while munching on a piece of meat! That tells me right there that the guy's no joke. I could easily see him ripping off Kid's arm in a similarly casual manner, even if he doesn't eat it (I still think it would be kinda badass if he did though, heh).
I already see that, but it will turn him into a cannibalistic person if he did chew Kid's arm. Then again, i don't want to see or hear that happens because Lucky is not a person who cannibalize other person for meat. Even that guy is no joke, will be worse if he was a cannibal bcoz of just eatin Kid's arm.

Luffy can be one too if he really crave meat like how he almost chew chopper due to "out of food supply" problem. Then again, nobody like to see their good ones cannibalize others for no good ol' reason.
Old 2018-12-20, 08:29   Link #10
Theia_Loki

Komurasaki looks slightly similar to Azula from Avatar The Last Airbender, so I'm not surprised she comes off as rotten. Then again, we had the same thing from Pudding back in Totto Land so there might be more to her than that. Could be an inverse scenario of her coming off as "evil" yet turns out to be a good person in the end, like with Reiju and Jinbei (and boy did he turn out to be such a swell guy compared to what Yosaku's exposition about him implied). If so, then Kyoshiro might have been responsible for that unfortunate image as a result of his interference in those.

And yes, I actually thought Kidd lost his arm to Big Mom on her Rigged-Roulette. Thank god that wasn't the case.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 12:41   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it turned out Komurasaki is being forced to do these things. The scene cutting to Momonosuke talking about his sister right after her introduction is kind of a big hint she's Hiyori. Maybe too big? I can't think of any other candidates though.
Old 2018-12-20, 12:49   Link #12
Wandering Soul

Everything is so clearly pointing to Komurasaki being Momonosuke's sister that it seems equally likely that she's a red herring.
Old 2018-12-20, 22:39   Link #13
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Oda loved to do something different from what people expected though
so it is probably another Oda's bait to tease the fans
like what he did about Jinbei's next nakama rumors... and about Ace's death
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-21, 17:56   Link #14
Rainbowman

How many clones have we seen in this entire series? I feel like I lost count. 😴
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-22, 07:20   Link #15
Hoodspirit

Komurasaki has done nothing wrong so far. All evil deeds were done by the geezer himself, she didn't force him at any point.
It's far too early to judge her.
Old 2018-12-22, 23:06   Link #16
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
3 weeks just to reveal another Robin-face? lol

And yes, Komurasaki being Momo's sister might just be another Oda bait.
Old 2018-12-25, 10:26   Link #17
marvelB

Hey guys, enjoying your holiday? Anyway, just wanted to post Oda's message from this year's Jump Festa:

^Well, at least this confirms that we're not done with the Reverie just yet. BTW, I didn't make a thread for the new movie yet because there's barely any info for it at the moment.... I'll be sure to start it when we have something more concrete, though!
Old 2018-12-25, 13:00   Link #18
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This got me hyped for the movie. I can't wait until they reveal more.
Old 2018-12-25, 13:19   Link #19
The Small One

Sounds like there will be a quite long flashback soon. I like these parts of the story.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-25, 22:02   Link #20
Ramero

One thing that makes me quite relieved is Marines will not so harshly to deploy like that. Not only they have to deal with Revolutionaries inside Mary Geoise, they also need to dispatch some of the armada to Wano. Akainu is already aware of this but.. let's see how much the ship can be brought.