AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2019-03-13, 23:42   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 936 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's another fine week for a new chapter! The current spoiler summary is out, courtesy of AP's Redon:

-Chapter title is "Grand Sumo Inferno". Splash page features Kuzan, Camel (his hard-boiled penguin buddy), and surprisingly, Wanze (the CP7 noodle chef Sanji faced back in the W7 arc).

-After his meeting with Kawamatsu, Raizou sets off to find the keys to release his old comrade. Meanwhile, Queen has decided the punishment for Luffy and Hyougoro: A sumo contest! The prisoners are forced to wear exploding collars that are used for public execution (much like the ones the world nobles had their slaves wear), and they must fight a series of opponents for their survival. However, should they be pushed out of the ring, the explosive collars will be set off! Still, Queen promises that Luffy alone will be pardoned if he agrees to join the Hundred Beast Pirates. As the prisoner's opponents have the advantage of numbers as well as weaponry, with the added pressure of the explosive collars taken into account as well, Queen decides to show the rubber man a bit of mercy by allowing him to fight without the sea stone cuffs. As soon as the first match begins, the supernova unleashes his conqueror's haki, knocking out all the scrubs! He demands to face his next opponents, as the guys he just took out couldn't even provide decent training for him....!!!

-Meanwhile, back at the bathhouse, it turns out the headliners X Drake and Hawkins are there, keeping patrol! They soon discover Nami, whose towel falls off..... fully exposing her nude figure. Sanji (aka Soba Mask), who was hiding nearby, gets an instant nosebleed upon seeing his beloved Nami laid bare! With Sanji exposing himself, both Drake and Hawkins, both being from North Blue, also recognize the Stealth Black suit he's wearing! Soon, our heroes escape from the bath, and Sanji reveals some bad news: In order to lure out Law, his companions (such as Bepo) were captured by Kaidou's men....!!!

-Finally, we catch up with Zoro, who's caught up in a battle of his own. He's facing off against the sword thief, who in turn seems to be based upon the legendary warrior monk Benkei! The thief says he returned Shuusui to Ryuma's grave, but Zoro's not too concerned about that. Since the thief is a weapons collector, he can just beat him and bring his weapons to the samurai army....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2019-03-15 at 12:26.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-13, 23:45   Link #2
Oberstein
Mein Kaiser!

Quote:
Pervert Drake
Oda is GENIUS
Old 2019-03-14, 03:01   Link #3
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Deja vu of fishman island for Sanji? I remember he got blown because of nosebleed.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-14, 07:21   Link #4
marvelB

Okay, updated with a slight amendment + pics! So, Luffy's trapped in a prison tournament, Nami unleashes her Happiness Punch again after so long, and Zoro is clashing with a Benkei-esque warrior (who IRL was a collector of swords, so it totally makes sense that he's the sword thief). And most surprisingly of all, the return of mad, mad Wanze! I always did wonder how strong his Ramen Kenpo would be if he applied CoA haki to it!
Old 2019-03-14, 15:35   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sanji finally got to see Nami in her full glory. I'm glad Oda didn't go for a gag where he would have been the only guy in the bathhouse to not see her naked.
Old 2019-03-15, 00:02   Link #6
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Sanji finally got to see Nami in her full glory. I'm glad Oda didn't go for a gag where he would have been the only guy in the bathhouse to not see her naked.
Well he got the happiness punch before lol
Old 2019-03-15, 08:33   Link #7
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
glad that Oda didn't forget about Sanji when we got so many Nami's fanservice in 2 chapters

Luffy and Zoro are trying to gather allies indirectly good job
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-15, 08:44   Link #8
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

the laugh that kawamatsu has... doesn't it sound like the one Fukuro from CP9 has?
Old 2019-03-15, 09:16   Link #9
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
glad that Oda didn't forget about Sanji when we got so many Nami's fanservice in 2 chapters
The only fanservice left now is Zoro vs Sanji. Still, hopefully that his identity won't get blown entirely after Nami and Robin unintentionally speak his name.

Speaking of Drake, never thought he fell for it.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-15, 11:13   Link #10
Wandering Soul

Never would have taken Drake as the kind of the guy that could be affected by that.
Old 2019-03-15, 12:15   Link #11
grecefar

It's nami, anyone would fall for that.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-15, 12:30   Link #12
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
the laugh that kawamatsu has... doesn't it sound like the one Fukuro from CP9 has?
Well, we'll know whether they're related or not if it's revealed that Kawamatsu's mouth has a zipper! Actually, on a related note, I always did wonder if Kumadori (the CP9 kabuki guy) came from Wano, as well? He often talked about his mother as if she were dead, but Oda revealed in an SBS that not only is she still alive, she's also an active assassin! Sure would be pretty interesting if the mother popped up this arc, heh.
Old 2019-03-15, 12:55   Link #13
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
He only saw a random woman though. Hawkins is the one who saw Nami, but I don't think we saw his reaction unless I missed it.

I noticed there was even a woman who had hearts in her eyes watching Nami.
Old 2019-03-15, 13:01   Link #14
Knighto

Quote:
I noticed there was even a woman who had hearts in her eyes watching Nami.
Which is quite an achievement by itself. Because the only other woman whose beauty is so unparelleled that it makes even the girls want her, is Hancock.
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-15, 15:43   Link #15
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighto View Post
Which is quite an achievement by itself. Because the only other woman whose beauty is so unparelleled that it makes even the girls want her, is Hancock.
On a related note, I always did find it amusing that Luffy reacted to Nami's Happiness Punch back in Alabasta..... yet he didn't react at all to Hancock's bare boobs. A hint as to our rubber friend's taste in women, perhaps?
Old 2019-03-15, 16:17   Link #16
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
On a related note, I always did find it amusing that Luffy reacted to Nami's Happiness Punch back in Alabasta..... yet he didn't react at all to Hancock's bare boobs. A hint as to our rubber friend's taste in women, perhaps?
Or he got over that initial flashing and is otherwise neutral towards it by now. He did see Reiju with nothing but a shirt and panties on back in the Tottoland arc and didn't react to that at all except the fact that she was injured.

And it turns out the similarities those collars have to the ones the Tenryubito use end there since they also decapitate the wearer's head off once out of the ring. Talk about overkill on Queen's part.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-15, 19:29   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
It's not like Nami and Hancock's bodies are very different

Didn't Oda answer this in a SBS? I vaguely remember Oda saying he was influenced by Usopp back then.
Old 2019-03-15, 20:20   Link #18
grecefar

influenced how?, I thought he just followed the joke, because everybody else reacted.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-16, 12:18   Link #19
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
influenced how?, I thought he just followed the joke, because everybody else reacted.
That's pretty much what I meant.
Old 2019-03-22, 19:04   Link #20
Rainbowman

Quote:
Especially Luffy (if only he hadnít been captured by the enemy).
Rainbowman is online now   Reply With Quote