AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-02, 11:32   Link #1
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Grand Theft Auto V

http://www.rockstargames.com/

Trailer is just out!

It's San Andreas HD, I SWEAR I SAW A FREAKING JET FIGHER.
Omg, gonna be the best GTA EVER.
Old 2011-11-02, 17:37   Link #2
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

That trailer was so simple, yet so awesome.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 17:53   Link #3
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I was scared it was gonna be a girl Protag not sexist or anything, But I'd rather a female protag not be in a dirty game such as GTA.

Maybe in Saint's row since thats all sillyness.. but GTA is for realizim. imo
Old 2011-11-02, 19:45   Link #4
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah GTA is for more realism , Saint Row more funny crazy stuffs.

Anyway , the video gave many hints for the possible content.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 20:40   Link #5
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I hope the narrator was Tommy Vercetti. He was my favorite GTA character. Seems like the story is about a middle-aged guy trying to get away from the criminal life. That would perfectly fit Tommy's character with the events of Vice City being set in the 80's.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 00:48   Link #6
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

We meet again... !

From news wire

Update: Pre-orders start everywhere November 5 and select retailers will be offering a double sided poster while supplies last.
We are working on a second trailer - unfortunately Hurricane Sandy has derailed our plans somewhat but we will have something to show soon. Its hard to be precise as we have no power whatsoever in our New York office. We hope everyone else in affected areas is doing okay.

So yeah, Sandy is THE Reason we didn't get a new trailer after 1 freaking year lol

At least, we got a release date: Spring 2013

Also, NEW Artworks, and IN-GAME PICTURES:
http://gamefront.de/archiv10-2012-ga...-Pictures.html

And now, the (seemingly) bad news. There's a rumor around that there won't be a PC version... however, the same thing was said when Vice city, San Andreas and IV were about to be released... so I hope it's not true.

Carry on
Old 2012-11-03, 20:26   Link #7
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I just hope there are no bug and glitches in this game.
Old 2012-11-04, 00:07   Link #8
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Lol that's pretty much impossible... Besides, GTA is famous for its hilarious glitches.
Old 2012-11-08, 17:42   Link #10
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Here, have a pair of nexuses (nexi?)...
As for having a trio of protagonists, each with their own take on a given mission (reference)... the first Killzone did this; hopefully Rockstar won't make Guerrilla's mistake of not leveraging that into a co-op play mode. And being able to jump among the three in a given mission is something we'll also see implemented in Insominiac's upcoming 3PS Fuse (which looks quite fun in its own right).
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 11:14   Link #11
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Trailer #2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzue74y7A84

Expected more, considering Ive "seen" it all when I read the magazine article
Old 2012-11-14, 11:19   Link #12
konart

I guess this will be the first GTA since GTA2 I'll be playing

Also: James Belushi and Jack Nicholson? 0_o
Old 2012-11-14, 11:43   Link #13
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Positive rep for the person who can name the Car that fell off the back of the truck.

Awesome trailer. Can't wait for it.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 12:48   Link #14
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

That'S The DB5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
I guess this will be the first GTA since GTA2 I'll be playing

Also: James Belushi and Jack Nicholson? 0_o
And what? Did you miss 3, Vice City and San andreas? =o
You should totally play them as soon as possible... They're all unique and memorable games.
You definitely can't miss these experiences.
Old 2012-11-14, 13:40   Link #15
Xion Valkyrie

They kind of dropped the ball here by not including a female protagonist as one the 3 protagonists you can play as. It'd have been an interesting perspective, as well as open up the venue for more varied types of gameplay.

However, judging by the reaction of the fans when you even suggest adding a female protagonist, I can see why they decided not to.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 14:24   Link #16
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
That'S The DB5.

And what? Did you miss 3, Vice City and San andreas? =o
You should totally play them as soon as possible... They're all unique and memorable games.
You definitely can't miss these experiences.
I've played 3 and Vice City a bit, are both were really not my type of games
Not a true RPG and not a full TPS... all in all the only reason I did't like them was because of my love for the GTA2.

Or maybe they just were released at the time I was tired of single player games
Old 2012-11-14, 16:36   Link #17
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
They kind of dropped the ball here by not including a female protagonist as one the 3 protagonists you can play as. It'd have been an interesting perspective, as well as open up the venue for more varied types of gameplay.

However, judging by the reaction of the fans when you even suggest adding a female protagonist, I can see why they decided not to.
Okay, this is where I have to ask why people are so hung-up over this. I've seen this in every single GTAV discussion on the net, and for the life of me I cannot comprehend why it's even a big deal at all. Sure, it might be nice to have a female protagonist, and charm and seduce your way through the game. (I'm assuming that's what you mean by "varied gameplay"). Sure, it might be an interesting to see the characterization of a female criminal, contrasting against the male-dominant cast. But is the prospect really such a big deal? The core gameplay seems intact, and by all accounts the breaking-bad theme that rockstar seems to be going for with the 3 current protags is already a really interesting story perspective. And really, who are we to question what they want to do with the story?

Sorry if this comes as too much of a rant, and no offense to you personally, because I've been pretty fustrated about how people keep harping on it. And I've got nothing against wanting a female protag, its just that people are making it out to be a bigger deal than it is, where I've seen some outright dismissal of rockstar.

Game looks amazing, by the way. I'm hyped! Really digging the brighter palette and design that seems to be going on, always felt GTA4's was far too dreary.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 16:51   Link #18
Xion Valkyrie

I wouldn't have said anything if they went with the traditional one protagonist route, but they actually decided to go ahead and have THREE protagonists this time around. I don't think they'd ever include a female protagonist in a one protagonist game, so having a game with multiple protagonists is pretty much the only chance to see a female protagonist in the GTA series.

Having a female mob soldier is actually completely realistic. A few years ago I was tossing around a story idea for a female hitman for the mob and did some research to see how realistic it could be, and I was able to find a lot of information pertaining to it. Women in the mafia is actually fairly common now in Sicily because of the mass crackdowns on mob members. Women step in to fill in for their husbands/bothers/sons after they're put in prison. Some of the organizations have shifted to matriarchy. Women mob members routinely pull hits in broad daylight.

Having a well written female protagonist as one of the three can only be seen as a positive, as it can bring some fresh perspective to the game as well as appeal to more gamers. However, the fact that a lot of people seem to be so against the idea is probably what's keeping Rockstar from adding one. This comment from the gamefaqs forum probably sums up the real reason so many people are so adamantly against the idea:

Quote:
It would probably ruin GTA for me as I am already a bit sexist and would not enjoy playing as a woman. It would infuriate me actually

Last edited by Xion Valkyrie; 2012-11-14 at 21:02.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 10:47   Link #19
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

I must be the only person not overly excited about this...all GTA's are the same, just with more added each time with a different environment like COD! I'll probably still test it out at work but for now my excitement levels are at a below average 40% meh rating.
Old 2012-11-15, 11:22   Link #20
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I wouldn't have said anything if they went with the traditional one protagonist route, but they actually decided to go ahead and have THREE protagonists this time around. I don't think they'd ever include a female protagonist in a one protagonist game, so having a game with multiple protagonists is pretty much the only chance to see a female protagonist in the GTA series.

Having a female mob soldier is actually completely realistic. A few years ago I was tossing around a story idea for a female hitman for the mob and did some research to see how realistic it could be, and I was able to find a lot of information pertaining to it. Women in the mafia is actually fairly common now in Sicily because of the mass crackdowns on mob members. Women step in to fill in for their husbands/bothers/sons after they're put in prison. Some of the organizations have shifted to matriarchy. Women mob members routinely pull hits in broad daylight.

Having a well written female protagonist as one of the three can only be seen as a positive, as it can bring some fresh perspective to the game as well as appeal to more gamers. However, the fact that a lot of people seem to be so against the idea is probably what's keeping Rockstar from adding one. This comment from the gamefaqs forum probably sums up the real reason so many people are so adamantly against the idea:
They usually take leadership positions and not grunt roles, pretty much like what happens within Yakuza.
Most of the missions in an usual GTA are works that are usually done by the lowest tier in criminal organizations and require a lot of brawn and stamina. Not to mention the fact that you have the option to beat up any person that roams around in the city, or the fact that stealing cars often involves forcibly pulling out people from them.

That's not something that you can realistically do without the proper "physique du role", if you know what I mean.

Of course there are women that are particularly bulky and strong, but I doub't that's what you, or anyone else wants.

What you want is probably a stunning beauty, perhaps with some great skills in marksmanship and with melee weapons, but that would entail some changes in the way the controllable character "solves" certain problems, in order to look realistic enough, as opposed to the frequent display of brute force that we are used to.

It might also be Rockstar decision to avoid portraying particularly violent women, for the same reason they banned kids entirely.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote