AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Old 2013-10-29, 05:05   Link #121
dark998

So basically they are going for segmented scenario format ala Baldr Sky but with six games instead of two...which means we won't see the full scenario till 2016-2017. Oh well, I hope the routes for Yusa and the GirlDeMo members get released asap.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 07:10   Link #122
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Wait so we're getting a Mass Effect style VN?

This'll be interesting.

CHeers

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 22:01   Link #123
GDB

Episode 10 seems like a REALLY weird spot to end the "common route". That's pretty much the beginning of the end-game. I could maybe see it meaning the beginning of ep10, or in other words 1-9 (through Otonashi learning of his past), but even then...

Doesn't seem like it'd allow for much branching. Especially if they want to focus on Iwasawa, Yui, and Matsushita 5-dan (who had disappeared for a while during these episodes).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 22:16   Link #124
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Oh I actually do think it can have a lot of branching.

I was once shooting around an idea in my head for fanfictions.

Spoiler for fanfiction ideas related to how it could branch out:

As I said, this is all just a fanfiction I've been shooting around my head for a while, but as you see, you can have a LOT of branching out from that point.

Spoiler for fanfiction idea 2:

So yeah. Branching out is possible. Specially if you're a god like Jun Maeda

Cheers

Old 2013-10-29, 22:38   Link #125
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

GDB: Well, We don't know how much of the anime would be changed for the Visual Novel. Maeda has mentioned long ago that he wanted to rework Otonashi and the story of AB! due to the negative feedback the anime series received after the broadcast.

Spoiler for Anime Details included:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 23:32   Link #126
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I've taken the sub-forum out of retirement given the nature of the news about the game series, since I think it may spawn new interest in the anime (and may, in fact, possibly spawn a new anime, but that's total speculation on my part).
A Vita release means this is going to be all-ages. Too bad; I was thinking they would ask Harumi Sakurai to make use of her eroge voicing experience for this project. Who exactly is it who will illustrate this VN?

Knowing Maeda's other works, he won't hesitate to royally screw his characters over this time (like all the other times). The problem with this approach is that it's likely to desensitize his audience, and with all the character routes how many times can the players stomach this before it gets old and tired?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 07:51   Link #127
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
So basically they are going for segmented scenario format ala Baldr Sky but with six games instead of two...which means we won't see the full scenario till 2016-2017. Oh well, I hope the routes for Yusa and the GirlDeMo members get released asap.
Assuming it goes down like this

That would be longer or shorter than how long Key has milked Clannad again?
Old 2013-11-03, 15:00   Link #128
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
[*]All the main characters on the front (men and women) will get routes, but they won't all get (romantically) involved with Otonashi
My one fear was they were going to make every girl a possible romantic interest, my concern being Yui. This is good news because I can't accept any other pairing other than Yui and Hinata. Guess I better brush up my skills so I can blaze through the VN come spring 2014.
Old 2013-11-03, 15:24   Link #129
tsunade666

Hmm... so it will be an otp or ensemble cast setting. The routes will be not romance story but plot story for each member.
Old 2013-11-03, 18:27   Link #130
Dr. Casey

Neat, the Angel Beats characters got a second chance at life and now so does the subforum itself. So the series will begin April-June 2014 and end October-December 2016... I wonder if the serialized nature of the Angel Beats VN will start a bit of a trend amongst visual novels. Probably not since the super popular Higurashi and Umineko failed to do so, but at any rate the details relentless shared makes this sound like a very interesting project.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 23:06   Link #131
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ It's also a threat in itself. We don't know if such a "style" would work. I mean, will fans be patient enough to wait for two years for the VN to be fully complete?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2013-11-04, 16:23   Link #132
ukulelembo
Detective

Confirmed writers for Angel Beats visual novel:
Jun Maeda
Kai (wrote Kyou's, Ryou's, Kappei's and Yukine's routes in Clannad)
Leo Kashida (with Maeda co-wrote Tomoyo After and wrote Mio's route in Little Busters!)

Also confirmed new Ending song for novel.
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 20:16   Link #133
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

We're finally getting a normal stream of news for this. It's about damn time.

Cheers

Old 2013-11-10, 11:56   Link #134
smilewolfy

So, based on decisions it can affect the main characters sexuality
and also there are going to be routes for the guys (though not every route will get romance)

Does this mean I might actually get the Otonashi x Hinata route I've always wanted? just NTR Yui :3

I was thinking, with each of the characters routes, I don't think they would all necessarily disappear at the end of them. I can see characters like Hinata, Yurippe, Kanade, Shiina etc staying around for the (Final Route) if there is one~

And if the common route ends at episode 10 (Yui's route), I would assume they mean end of episode 9. So, do you guys think that Common Route would have Otonashi realize Kanade isn't as evil as everyone thought, or was that just part of her own Route :/

Or would it mean he realizes the truth of the world and decides to help each character (which would be their own route), but to me that sounds episodic, or something in that sense.

And in episode 1-9, we had Yurippe, Iwasawa, Hinata and Naoi routes, so would those parts not go in the common route? I can see mission parachute being in the common route and omitting that Yurippe scene, but the baseball game, would that go in common route or a part of Hinata's arc?

so many questions and theories I have for this game >< can't wait until we get more info

Last edited by smilewolfy; 2013-11-11 at 09:22.
smilewolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 04:26   Link #135
ukulelembo
Detective

Official website launched!
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 15:56   Link #136
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Damnit, beaten to the punch.

Ishter kun (pianist from youtube) posted it on his fb account and I was all over the place squealing like a girl.

We're almost here. Seems like eternity.

Old 2013-11-29, 16:07   Link #137
tsunade666

eternity indeed. It will feel an eternity waiting for translation and each installment.
Old 2013-11-29, 18:47   Link #138
smilewolfy

OMG!!!!! excitement levels rising xD

EDIT: wait, is it just meant to be a loading sign for now, to tease us, or is it just my slow internet? D: because I can't see anything except for the loading sign -3-
smilewolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 18:52   Link #139
Wigwams

Currently its just showing some artwork... or am i missing something?
Old 2013-11-29, 20:35   Link #140
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ It's just a teaser site for the moment. By the end of December 2013, it would probably have a lot more content than just BG graphics.