AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-07-18, 12:01   Link #3021
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As usual: connect to DMM.com with a proxy.
Old 2014-07-18, 14:47   Link #3022
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Doing the new Souryuu quest feeling like farming bauxite instead...

The compass never go down
Old 2014-07-18, 20:00   Link #3023
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Doing the new Souryuu quest feeling like farming bauxite instead...

The compass never go down
Finally done

Worst. Map. Ever.

Whoever came up with the 2DD requirement (thus forcing you to go north into a potential FBB encounter) needs to be fed with Hiei's curry

Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 20:30   Link #3024
Cyprene

It took... a while to get everybody leveled up, but I cleared 3-2 on my first try. Shimakaze tanked the brunt of the damage with the BBS, and managed to just avoid going to critical condition. Then we slipped into the boss node and wrecked their poor little supply ship fleet. Michishio and the girls in Destroyer Division 8 did a great job.

So I'm trying to get ready for the event that's coming up. I'm still level 66, so it shouldn't be TOO bad, but I want to make sure I'm ready. This is my first event so I'm not too sure what to expect.
Here are my goals:
  • At least 4 ships in every major class upgraded to their Kai forms and with an average level of 35.
  • Torpedo cruisers at Kai Ni with an average level of 67 (Which is where they're at now.)
  • A decent variety of holo grade air craft, especially a Saiun and Reppuu. Should 3 Reppuu be enough?
  • Maxed out resources, which should be around 17,000 at my level.
  • 50 or so emergency repair buckets.

Am I missing anything? My one concern is that I only have 3 Fleet Carriers, and I know there's a rumor that you'll need 4. Hunting for carriers is an immensely expensive endeavor, however, so I'd rather stockpile resources than try to get one. What are your thoughts?
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 20:34   Link #3025
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Finally done

Worst. Map. Ever.
Worse as in making the last 4-4 run look like a joke?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 21:47   Link #3026
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
It took... a while to get everybody leveled up, but I cleared 3-2 on my first try. Shimakaze tanked the brunt of the damage with the BBS, and managed to just avoid going to critical condition. Then we slipped into the boss node and wrecked their poor little supply ship fleet. Michishio and the girls in Destroyer Division 8 did a great job.

So I'm trying to get ready for the event that's coming up. I'm still level 66, so it shouldn't be TOO bad, but I want to make sure I'm ready. This is my first event so I'm not too sure what to expect.
Here are my goals:
  • At least 4 ships in every major class upgraded to their Kai forms and with an average level of 35.
  • Torpedo cruisers at Kai Ni with an average level of 67 (Which is where they're at now.)
  • A decent variety of holo grade air craft, especially a Saiun and Reppuu. Should 3 Reppuu be enough?

Am I missing anything? My one concern is that I only have 3 Fleet Carriers, and I know there's a rumor that you'll need 4. Hunting for carriers is an immensely expensive endeavor, however, so I'd rather stockpile resources than try to get one. What are your thoughts?
I have to say 3 Reppu might be not enough. Last event i think needed 6 + 1 Reppu Kai for the final boss

But it all depends on how far do you plan to reach with that event, and how scaled up/down is it based on level
Old 2014-07-18, 22:04   Link #3027
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Finally done

Worst. Map. Ever.

Whoever came up with the 2DD requirement (thus forcing you to go north into a potential FBB encounter) needs to be fed with Hiei's curry
I must be the unluckiest guy on earth.

Finally got to the boss node. Destroy all of them except a BB with 50 hp. My Haruna, Chikuma, and the 2 DD still in full green hp.

But all of them missed and do scratch damage during night battle.... Even with Saiun

God...
Old 2014-07-18, 22:13   Link #3028
Cyprene

That was for the 80+ tier, right? I had thought (hoped?) that it scaled down with level like the bonus stages.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 03:06   Link #3029
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I must be the unluckiest guy on earth.

Finally got to the boss node. Destroy all of them except a BB with 50 hp. My Haruna, Chikuma, and the 2 DD still in full green hp.

But all of them missed and do scratch damage during night battle.... Even with Saiun

God...
Got to the boss thrice after 60-80 tries (lost 9K fuel, ammo, 70 buckets). Full Scratch/miss on the submarine for 2 instances (that's with 2DD fully loaded with 3 sonars), and red T on the boss without any submarine.

There is always worse than you, and frankly, I'm considering ignoring this quest, because my consumption is close to a 5-5.
Hell, I grinded that forsaken map so much I got 3000-4000 bauxite and Souryuu who started with lvl81 is now lvl89 with JUST THIS MAP.
Old 2014-07-19, 08:41   Link #3030
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Got to the boss thrice after 60-80 tries (lost 9K fuel, ammo, 70 buckets). Full Scratch/miss on the submarine for 2 instances (that's with 2DD fully loaded with 3 sonars), and red T on the boss without any submarine.

There is always worse than you, and frankly, I'm considering ignoring this quest, because my consumption is close to a 5-5.
Hell, I grinded that forsaken map so much I got 3000-4000 bauxite and Souryuu who started with lvl81 is now lvl89 with JUST THIS MAP.
Just to prove that asshole developer can make any Kantai map into a pain in the ass

"Coming next, running 5-5 with Mayuru and get S-rank"
Old 2014-07-19, 09:21   Link #3031
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Unless there's another reward than the 500 fuel and 500 metal or than it unlock another more lucrative quest, I can't see the usefulness of this one.
Old 2014-07-19, 10:08   Link #3032
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Unless there's another reward than the 500 fuel and 500 metal or than it unlock another more lucrative quest, I can't see the usefulness of this one.
Furniture fairy. Unless you're not into that stuff.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 13:51   Link #3033
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

More like it irks me to no end to have meaningless quests cluttering the quest log, and sometimes, if in rush or half awake, I sometimes select the wrong one.

This hell is finally over for me, but hardly without a price.

Approximately 150 sorties (no kidding). Most likely 80-90 buckets, 10K fuel/ammo, and it even managed to put a dent on steel. At least, I got a sizable amount of exp, but hardly for the ships I wanted.

Even 2-5 taigei farming and 5-5 didn't feel as much a waste as this tedious advent.
I swear all the DD specific quests are a joke compared to this.
Old 2014-07-19, 14:27   Link #3034
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
How do you amass this amount of ressources?
Old 2014-07-19, 14:32   Link #3035
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ simply be efficient with your ressources consumptions:
-Avoid night battles except for boss battles, and only if S rank is attainable (night battle drain your ammo twice).

-Be efficient with your fleet composition: no need for more than 1BB, but sometimes, going all out will avoid unecessary retry, which will be less expensive on the long run (not an usual occurence).

-Bauxite related: do NOT bring CV for PVP, unless you remove all of their planes (save yellow).

-sending only the most effective expeditions
* While playing Kancolle: 2 for buckets, 5/38 for fuel, 2/37 for ammo, 5/21 for both fuel and ammo, 6 for Bauxite
* While away/asleep: 9/36 for fuel (only if sparkles), 12/37 for ammo, 12/36/37/38 for steel, 11/36 for Bauxite

-Rotate ships instead of using buckets (easier to do if you have a sizable fleet, 4 repair docks and Akashi)

-Clearing dailies with subs dramatically lower your ressources consumption.

And this is a rather mediocre stockpiling, since I started like 2 weeks ago.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2014-07-19 at 14:53.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 14:50   Link #3036
Kakurin
大佐

Thanks, that's mediocre stockpiling? Guess I still have a very long way to go. Learned the thing about PVP and bauxite the hard way. By the time I realised that I shouldn't take Akagi and Soryuu with me my stock of bauxite had dropped to an alarming level.

Well, it isn't that serious right now as the only thing I'm doing is leveling subs, doing PVP and have an occasional go at 2-4 which is driving me nuts right now. Took half an eternity until the compass finally sent me on the right track, when I got there I miscalculated. Thought I had a tactical victory and declined on the night battle due to the opposing battleships. In the end it was a tactical defeat...
Old 2014-07-19, 14:53   Link #3037
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Generally speaking, you should always go in Night Battle for Bosses, unless your ships are such in a bad shape that there is no way to score better (i.e all ships are disabled save CV etc).
Old 2014-07-19, 18:00   Link #3038
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Welp, despite my best efforts (and ZERO sorties for more than three weeks), I still hit Admiral 80 due to PVP. Buh, I suppose it's now time to throw caution to the wind and spam the Reppu recipe again.
Old 2014-07-20, 00:42   Link #3039
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Welp, despite my best efforts (and ZERO sorties for more than three weeks), I still hit Admiral 80 due to PVP. Buh, I suppose it's now time to throw caution to the wind and spam the Reppu recipe again.
According to the wiki. 20 20 10 90 seems to generate more green planes. I tried it w/ a CV as flag (Hiryuu in my case) and somehow got 2 reppus and 1 shinden kai 2 at almost 20 tries. Still it's RNG...
Old 2014-07-20, 00:59   Link #3040
TaintedDream
Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
Here are my goals:

You're gonna need a lot more than 50 Buckets lol, there are people (like myself) who have 200+ and still don't feel safe. Rest of the list seems fine.
TaintedDream is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls