Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2011-10-03, 17:36   Link #1
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Odd crisis with powerpoint and adobe reader

I was making a presentation which I usually export as .pdf to avoid the hassle of files not being able to load into another version of powerpoint.

I came to realize that I couldn't export as .pdf which I found very odd.
First off I use Office 2007, and I have Acrobat 8 professional.

So then I figured might as well download the free Acrobat Reader, current version X
However this then happens; I download the setup, I run it but at that same time the setup file vanishes and no window opens. There is a running process of the setup running but no window.
If I redownload it and run it again it will tell me it can't run the setup 2 times and if I then terminate the first then the same thing happens again if I try to run the setup again.

Is this a common problem with Acrobat Reader X on Windows 7 64bit?

edit; the exact same thing happens if I try to install version 9.4 from the Adobe site

edit; Am uninstalling 8 pro because it can't even open my powerpoint file, says it is corrupt while I am opening it with powerpoint just fine.

edit 3; uninstalled but it still wouldn't work. I found out the root of the evil which is that the Adobe Downloader is the thing getting in the way.
Just for anyone who comes across this problem as well you can download the files here without using that nasty Adobe Downloader;
http://tweaks.com/windows/48775/down...nload-manager/

However now my Powerpoint still doesn't recognize the Adobe Reader, I now tried installing an older version 8.3 but that doesn't load into my Office products either

edit 5; Finally found it this add on seemed to be needed; http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...aylang=en&id=7

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2011-10-03 at 18:10.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 00:19   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Just thought I'd mention that the open-source suite OpenOffice and its fork LibreOffice both export directly to PDF from all their components; no plug-ins needed. They read and write MS Office files, too.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 01:27   Link #3
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

If you have Office 2007, you can install Service Pack 2, which aside from security fixes, also allows native saving as a PDF without an external plugin (under "Save As"):
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5

Office 2010 allows saving as PDF out-of-the-box as well.
Old 2011-10-05, 09:13   Link #4
sa547
*Author

My favorite PDF printer is DoPDF; been using that if I can't simply save a page in HTML format, or I want to make my document more portable.