AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Death Note character(s)
L 491 62.15%
Yagami Light 389 49.24%
Amane Misa 140 17.72%
Ryuk 189 23.92%
Watari 31 3.92%
Rem 46 5.82%
Misora Naomi 55 6.96%
Yagami Soichiro 34 4.30%
Matsuda Tota 71 8.99%
Aizawa Shuichi 15 1.90%
Mogi Kanzo 6 0.76%
Yagami Sayu 30 3.80%
Higuchi Kyousuke 4 0.51%
Mello (M) 118 14.94%
Near (N) 120 15.19%
Matt 76 9.62%
Kiyomi Takada 22 2.78%
Teru Mikami 68 8.61%
Gevanni Stephen 14 1.77%
Lidner Halle 22 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 790. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-07-09, 10:16   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Death Note - Favorite Character(s) Poll - Final Take

Welcome to the thread where you can adorn your favorite character by voting for him or her! This is the third and last character poll about Death Note, which means that all the major characters will be included.

You can vote for multiple characters all at once in this poll. Your vote is final once you click on the "vote now" tab. You won't be able to comeback and vote a second time for another character. Choose wisely!

The poll is public which means the votes will be visible to everyone!

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.
    What this means is don't post something like this:

"VOTE FOR Light" Or…"L >>>>> Light" Or… "DO NOT VOTE FOR THAT EVIL Light!!!!111 "

Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.

• Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
Old 2007-07-09, 11:02   Link #2
Windspirit

Yeah, first to post !

I will say, after 37 episodes, Light and L are my favorite Death Note characters. Their mental showdown was just magnificent : Light is a demonic genius and L is a cute genius with very strange methods.

In the first part, I truly admired Light, but in the second part, I though he became a pure larva, a bastard corrupt by his power who no longer has the same noble ideals he had in the first part. But in the ending, he really realised that his perfect world collapsed and those noble ideals came back...

L was a very complex characters. He was fun, funny, adorable, kind of weird, but always heartwarming and fresh. But in the end, was made him so different from Near is that Near would follow a hypothetical way, while L wanted proofs and concreet facts. In other words, L was just... too intelligent Oo

+1 for A LOT of cult quotes from him :

"Even though I eat so much, my brain cells consume everything and I can keep a 50 kilos weight."

"When I sit properly, my reasoning capacities decrease by 50%."

I love him, simply.
Windspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 14:18   Link #3
Echoes

I voted for L, he will always be my first choice, no question about it.
Aside from his stunning intelligence and deductive skills, he has an odd aura of charisma to him.

He's horrendously attractive, I scare myself even thinking about him. His peculiar habits are all too adorable. It is safe to say that I was awestruck the first time I heard him confront Kira.

I could go on and on, but I'm sure there's another topic where this is more suitable.

However, since this was multiple choice, I also opted to include Mikami. His sense of justice was very distinct, and seemed stronger and more pure than the ideals Light kept, at least before acquiring his Death Note.

He did stray from his path and enter a psychotic dementia after being appointed the duty of executioner, but that did not diminish my fondness for the character.

The look in his eyes when he was performing his lord's work reminded me of Alucard's bloodthirsty eyes, which also sold me over.

I could easily have added Light as well, as I do like, and even agree with, most of his actions. However, I just could not accept the way he treated Misa throughout the series.

She offered him nothing but absolute devotion and love, and he sought to end her life as soon as he lay eyes upon her. As I'm sure you all know how it turned out, you'll understand why I cannot include Light. Edit: The death of Naomi Misora was also one of pure evil, "go somewhere where your body won't be found and kill yourself."

Synopsis: I love L

Last edited by Echoes; 2007-07-09 at 14:46. Reason: Naomi Misora
Echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 16:07   Link #4
digitalmaster287

L and Light because theyre pretty much awesome in the beginning when they are outwitting each other, and Mikami just cuz he was the definition of awesomeness from beginning to end.
digitalmaster287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 04:51   Link #5
Jaden

Light is #1 without doubt. His choice to become Kira instead of having a long, prosperous normal life was enough to buy me out. But of course becoming the god is impossible for a human. He went quite far, though, was indeed able to change the world a little, and will be remembered for a long time even after his death. I doubt that Light regretted his choice even in his last moments.

Mikami's #2, he's simply awesome. He did everything with style and shares Light's zeal. The way he lost his death note was stupid though and that's the reason he's second to Light.
Old 2007-07-10, 08:37   Link #6
poolfan
NOOB

Matsuda. Funny i was the only one who voted for him last time round.
poolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 12:45   Link #7
Vicious108

L is my favorite anime character of all time, so yeah he gets my vote. He has everything, he is unique, charismatic, intelligent, funny and despite his oddness and unrealistic and exaggerated character design, still comes off as a very human character, which is where Near failed.

I also really liked Light... never bothered to think about whether his actions and methods were morally and politically right or wrong, regardless of that, he is still a fascinating character.

Mello is awesome too, ambitious, reckless and hardcore, when he appeared you knew you were gonna get something good. Plus his fashion sense is the best in the show, god those were some awesome coats he had.

Those are my top 3 in the Death Note, but I still like some others... Ryuk is entretaining (which is funny, because all he wanted was to be entretained), Matsuda is mostly comic relief but still manages to make me root for him, plus he has that badass moment in the final episode, and Misa is a good character too, interesting contrast to have a dumb blonde (well she still has her smart moments though) in the middle of those two geniuses.

Biggest disappoint to me was Mikami, awesome when he first showed up, loved his backstory and his "Sakujo" and "Kami!", but in the last couple of episodes he went too psychotic for my taste.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 21:17   Link #8
ShoyzX

Light. Reason being that this is the only anime I really like, since we actually have the evil guy as a main character.
Second is L for his personallity.
ShoyzX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 09:29   Link #9
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

L - I like simple characters that does'nt have that much detail, but has THAT appeal and character development plus the way he acts is weird, but hey it's funny and stunning at the same time. 1st time I saw him was the Live Action then the manga then the anime. I really like his design and that even made me buy an L cap.

N(Neer) - one reason a silly little boy that is L's counter part. Ever since L died I hated DN for killing such a cool character, good thing L's replacement N was good enough of a character to be almost in his level.
Old 2007-07-12, 17:40   Link #10
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

L will always be my fav character from DN but I still voted for Raito and Rem since I voted for them the first time around too. Rem is still my fav shinigami
Mello, Matt (though I was very disappointed in his lack of screen time) and Mikami also got my votes. I liked anime!mello alot more then manga!mello and Mikami + Death Note = love!! Ive never seen someone love their job that much
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 21:47   Link #11
cy_ph3r
Pirate King

L is a unique character. he amaze me everytime I watch DN. Also in live version, he looks exactly the same. I voted for him.
cy_ph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 22:06   Link #12
Flora20709
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Flora20709 Send a message via Yahoo to Flora20709
I Voted For L Cause He So KEWL and strange
Flora20709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 22:21   Link #13
Renchan

Voted for
L: Because he is an unique, adorable and genius character, he cute!
M: He is so different with L & N, I like his style and I like chocolate too
N: He cute!!(I love shota!)
Ryuk: Most Unique character indeed, I like his personality.

I accidentally voted for Takada(I want voted for Matt too) T_T
Renchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 12:54   Link #14
Kalimah
Fallen Idol

i voted for L first and foremost because i love the character, really this anime quickly became one of my all time favorites because of the interaction of L and light...
i also voted for Mello and Near, Mello simply didnt get enough love in the anime...and near is just awesome...
matt needed more love too
and yeah i voted for ryuk too...i dont know why, he just always made me laugh
Kalimah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 15:07   Link #15
Stark

Yagami Light , and Mikami Teru xDDD
Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 02:35   Link #16
seto_mai_fan
purplemisalollydolly

Send a message via AIM to seto_mai_fan
misa Deserves more love Y'all
seto_mai_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 02:58   Link #17
Echoes

She really doesn't. I mean, she's cute, but also where her list of favorable characteristics ends.

She's selfish, childish, and actually fairly evil.
Old 2007-08-27, 10:00   Link #18
Zeran

*sheds a tear for L* L was awsome i think...
Spoiler for L and his motives:

but omg poor misa she got my vote because at end light dies and that would break her heart witch would break mine *sniff* (she is so cute). i would have like to what happen next episode or even movie lick with FMA but instead they just made...
Spoiler for death note movie:
i suppose there wouldn't be much to see in 'what happens next but oh well. to far off topic eh sorry for that neways MIAS IS CUTE!!! she gets my vote
Zeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 09:11   Link #19
Riza HS
Stalker

Send a message via MSN to Riza HS
L rules XD
Riza HS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 23:58   Link #20
Jaiven

i voted L.

from the very beginning i was rooting for L

i liked Light at first, but after a while he became a psycho