Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-15, 09:49   Link #221
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Huh what? We knew what their relationship was back in the first episode.
Spoiler for ep. 8:
Old 2009-08-19, 13:55   Link #222
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Some of Oshima's facial expressions in episode eight were pretty priceless. She's been plenty of fun in this series, and i really liked her scene with Kanon in this episode.

The flashbacks in this episode were very adorable. Expected that they'd start showing us scenes like that, so we can see first hand the strong bond between Marin and Urin.
Old 2009-08-19, 16:37   Link #223
Registered Member

I'm beginning to like Oshima more and more. I can't manage to see Kojima's appeal though. Imo, he doesn't look like the type that either Oshima or Kanon would be interested in.
Registered Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 17:20   Link #224
sikvod00

^Yeah, Oshima was awesome (and HILARIOUS) in ep. 8. Pretty good character development.

And Kojima...well, "he" just needs to get a new VA and then it'd be more tolerable... =/

Oh, and chibi Marin is just too adorable.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 21:11   Link #225
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Member View Post
I'm beginning to like Oshima more and more. I can't manage to see Kojima's appeal though. Imo, he doesn't look like the type that either Oshima or Kanon would be interested in.
Oshima has definitely gotten more interesting lately. As for Kojima, I think the main issue with him is that he's essentially just there. Other than being interested in Kanon, he hasn't done much. Although to be fair if the focus the two got had been reversed, we might have been wondering Kojima saw in Kanon.
Old 2009-08-20, 23:29   Link #226
velvet nightmare

Wasurenai fansubs any good?

i was originally watching the ayako ones but it appears they've dropped it?
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 00:00   Link #227
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

They're good enough.

That said, episode 8 bored me to tears. I'm so sorry.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 00:48   Link #228
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

The scene between Kanon and Ooshima was hilarious indeed. Other than the effort spent on Ooshima's faces and expressions, it's remarkable how well Toyosaki Aki (Yui in K-ON, Kana in Kanamemo) gave her a fitting voice. Finally a non moe role for Aki. By the way, Ooshima already proved to be a bit on the psycho side on some previous episodes, so it wasn't a total surprise. I don't think Kojima needs a different seiyuu, they chose Sawashiro Miyuki in her Shinkurou Kurenai (Kurenai) voice, fitting for a quiet character, which Kojima definitely is. That must be the reason why he and Kanon hook up in the first place, dark aura aside, they're alike.

The scenes in the deep sea are becoming a drag for the show, since it has been made clear that a Priestess can not do much alone vs a strong enemy, moreso if without powers. The eclipse brought Urin to the dark side, but Marin was strongly affected mentally and emotionally. It's kinda fun that now she has to learn from Kanon, but anyway the sole fact they're momentarily withdrawing from the deep ocean means a step ahead for the plot.
Old 2009-08-21, 19:46   Link #229
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I'm very far behind, but that's fine with me as long I take liking to this show.

Spoiler for Episode 5:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 18:32   Link #230
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep9:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 16:23   Link #231
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 6

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 12:55   Link #232
klare

Spoiler for eps 9:
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 02:24   Link #233
Sol Falling

episode 9:

wow, that was great. This show is finally coming into its own now. This has got to be the best episode yet: tremendous thematic and character development, an awesome cliffhanger, and a yuri shower scene to boot. No complaints at all.

This episode also marks the first time I've found Kanon's weird voice inflection (when she's angry) cute. And chibi-Kanon is adorable. Hell, I'm now finding Kanon cute in general, which I'm glad for as it feels more natural than the occasionally overdone sweetness of Marin + her scenes with Urin.

Anyway, I've always kinda liked Kojima. It is sorta appearing like he's got nothing special about him, though. No particular strengths or even unique perspectives. But he's actually pretty good for the quiet, calm talking stuff though. That ambience is the greatest point of attraction for the show to me.

Anybody else feeling like Umi Monogatari is actually qualifying as a possible nominee for best anime of the season yet? I mean for me personally it's kinda impossible to even think that's anything but Bakemonogatari but seriously if it weren't for that this is one of the few rare anime that I've felt has actual geniune, iunno, content for a while.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 03:37   Link #234
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
[Urin-chan... (´・ω・`) Doesn't even get any screentime...
Here's some Urin-chan to make up for that (Megami scan, issue #113, oct-2009)

-------

I loved episode 9, with some very insightful moments in the life of Kanon and Kojima. This covered a lot of the holes left in depicting their background. Since Kanon is my favourite character since the beginning, I was really glad of that. Kotobuki Minako is doing a good job with her.

After the first 2-3 episodes, I'm sure it would have been quite impossible to think that later on it would have been Kanon giving Marin the strenght to go ahead (and not the other way around), that was some pretty good character development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Anybody else feeling like Umi Monogatari is actually qualifying as a possible nominee for best anime of the season yet? I mean for me personally it's kinda impossible to even think that's anything but Bakemonogatari but seriously if it weren't for that this is one of the few rare anime that I've felt has actual geniune, iunno, content for a while.
It may actually be classified as a little gem on its own, but it would seem far from a best season nominee. Leaving Bakemonogatari aside, if one wants to go for genuine content then there are at least Aoi Hana and Spice and Wolf 2 as superior. Not to mention some other very noteworthy series which in general I'd consider above UM: Sora no Manimani, Kanamemo, Taishou Yakyuu Musume. Though it's always rather subjective.

If anything Umi Monogatari managed to be somewhat original in many aspects, from the very "slice of lifish" pattern to the care for the characters, their good traits and their whimsicalness (Ooshima wins hands down here). All in a simple yet fancy manner, I'd say it's one of those so called "feel good" anime.
Old 2009-09-02, 21:24   Link #235
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep10:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Here's some Urin-chan to make up for that (Megami scan, issue #113, oct-2009)

Dark Urin!
(O_O)... (;´Д`)ハァハァ

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 05:36   Link #236
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
If anything Umi Monogatari managed to be somewhat original in many aspects, from the very "slice of lifish" pattern to the care for the characters, their good traits and their whimsicalness (Ooshima wins hands down here). All in a simple yet fancy manner, I'd say it's one of those so called "feel good" anime.
It's more of a character development show then anything, as the past 4 episodes have shown (especially episode 9), and i adore that aspect of the show. It really shines, and shows how much the show cares for it's cast.

Quote:
Dark Urin!
(O_O)... (;´Д`)ハァハァ
With one sexy foot shot~
Old 2009-09-03, 05:56   Link #237
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The angle of that Dark Urin shot is so completely wrong on most levels, yet so right on the others.

How can something so wrong be so right? Ugh my temporal lobes are so confused!

Finally saw episode 9 after putting it off for a while, and I thank it for reminding me why I liked it's slice-of-life aspect when it all began. Things seems to be moving towards it's inevitable conlusion and episode 9 has reclaimed my interest to see it through to the end.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2009-09-03 at 10:10.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 16:19   Link #238
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, this is no Aria.. i'm still enjoying it though. the ending is so cute with Urin. haha
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 02:55   Link #239
Belum_nabum
Banned

Thumbs up Episode 8 and 9 opinions.

EPISODE 8
This series is great. Cute and easy going. Among many scenes.
I found the intro to Urin's birth and Marin's greeting CUTE!
Spoiler:

I also liked, among the many expressions, Oshima's during this episode (made LOL) but the crying at the end of both girls made feel a little like Aoi Hana that just aired recently.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EPISODE 9
In this episode I found it great to see Kanon in kindergarten. The yoga was funny!
GREAT INFO ON SONG since I know a lot about it from accumulated knowledge. LOVED the confession of Kojima! My parents met also like this in University and fell in LOVE! GREAT SCENE! The enemies at the end made me think of SAILOR MOON a little.

Among the many scenes:
Found this cute of Kanon and her friend Suzuki in kindergarten

Found Kojima's confession GREAT!

That was pretty cute of Kanon and nice!
Spoiler for pic:

Yoga was funny!
Spoiler for pic:

Forgot to mention that I LOVED Kojima talk with Marin not to mention song information that was given during that time!
Spoiler for pic:

I seriously saw this somewhere in Sailor Moon but the enemy has Kojima! BIG TROUBLE! Hope he gets out ok!
Spoiler for pic:

Quote:
Spoiler for ep10:

Dark Urin!
(O_O)... (;´Д`)ハァハァ
DARK URIN= NOT COOL! She looks like Code Geass pose and I think she looks better happier!
Belum_nabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 03:08   Link #240
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Spoiler for Episode 10:

Tags
fantasy