AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 42 31.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 19.70%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 20.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 3.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.52%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.52%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-05, 08:51   Link #201
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Well I supposed the TLs at Mazui made a mistake, instead of Kirino saying "I want to make up with you!", it should be ""I want to make out with you!".

*runs*
That would have been...so much better.
Old 2010-11-05, 17:40   Link #202
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Well I supposed the TLs at Mazui made a mistake, instead of Kirino saying "I want to make up with you!", it should be ""I want to make out with you!".

*runs*
If Kirino actually said that... Ayase would reveal her Yuri side, even in front of Kyousuke
Old 2010-11-05, 18:55   Link #203
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
If Kirino actually said that... Ayase would reveal her Yuri side, even in front of Kyousuke
Isn't her Yuri side already obvious enough?
But yes, Ayase saying "I want to make out with you!" would've removed even the last doubts about it.
Old 2010-11-05, 21:31   Link #204
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Isn't her Yuri side already obvious enough?
But yes, Ayase saying "I want to make out with you!" would've removed even the last doubts about it.
Yes true, but think how much the Yuri side will increase once she hears Kirino say that
Old 2010-11-06, 11:32   Link #205
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Yes true, but think how much the Yuri side will increase once she hears Kirino say that
We need another pic with Ayase and Kirino: Ore no imouto wa konna ni yuri wake ga nai
Old 2010-11-06, 14:23   Link #206
kitten320

Ayase became really annoying in this episode... her friendship is s fake that it isn't even funny!
Give me back real Kirino? Drop your hobby nd we will be friends again?
Just how high does she keep her friends? To me it sounds like she doesn't really give a damn about them and is slf centred.
Is she were a real friend, she would try to deal with it instead of saying all those nonsence.
Old 2010-11-06, 15:00   Link #207
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Ayase became really annoying in this episode... her friendship is so fake that it isn't even funny!
Give me back real Kirino? Drop your hobby nd we will be friends again?
Just how high does she keep her friends? To me it sounds like she doesn't really give a damn about them and is self centered.
If she were a real friend, she would try to deal with it instead of saying all those nonsence.
Fully agree there, Ayase was very annoying indeed, such a shallow and conceited bitch
It's just good for Kirino that Ayase's yuri lust for her is so big that she was afraid of losing her to Kyousuke. Her taking back Kirino from Kyousuke (and offering to make up) was pure jealousy, nothing else.
Old 2010-11-06, 22:35   Link #208
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I will not say that Ayase love Kirino (yet). But it's possible that she's hoping for a Class S relationship at least... She may have to fight with Kuroneko for that through (contradiction in ideology + rival in affection = gonna be fun to watch)

Unless Ayase later on join Kyousuke's harem, and sorry but i hope it will be on S2 or so and i won't have to watch it.
Old 2010-11-07, 01:28   Link #209
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Forgot to comment sooner, but the episode was good I thought though Ayase was much more scarier than I had imagined when she thought someone was lying , and I was glad to Kirino did help with the issue some this time instead of leaving it all to Kyousuke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I will not say that Ayase love Kirino (yet). But it's possible that she's hoping for a Class S relationship at least... She may have to fight with Kuroneko for that through (contradiction in ideology + rival in affection = gonna be fun to watch)
That would be amusing fight to see between those two for her affection .
MAL
Old 2010-11-07, 02:29   Link #210
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I just don't know how the hell I'm supposed to feel with this show. I really, really dislike Kirino. She is a huge bitch, but she has just a few little inklings of 'I'm NOT REALLY 100% bitch, more like 99.8%".

It's ironic because I tend to actually FALL for bitches in anime. I'm not saying that in a chauvinistic way either, I mean evil, malicious, bitches. The problem is Kirino isn't evil, she's just a bitch. It's not that I don't feel for her either (the attitude some anime portray Japan's hatred for otaku and the like always bothered me), but I don't actually like her.

This newest episode bothered me even further, there's no chance in hell I would become friends with Ayase again if I were Kirino. Kirino just came out and told her that the whole 'real Kirino' is as much a part of her as the 'fake one', and it just disturbs me that Ayase is selfish enough to even use that line of thinking. Maybe there's some plot later on that involves a tragic story with otaku and Ayase, but for now I don't like her at all.

The brother is the show, not Kirino, she isn't doing shit. I hope he gets something worth all his immense troubles in the end. Please.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2010-11-07, 04:24   Link #211
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
I just don't know how the hell I'm supposed to feel with this show. I really, really dislike Kirino. She is a huge bitch, but she has just a few little inklings of 'I'm NOT REALLY 100% bitch, more like 99.8%".

It's ironic because I tend to actually FALL for bitches in anime. I'm not saying that in a chauvinistic way either, I mean evil, malicious, bitches. The problem is Kirino isn't evil, she's just a bitch. It's not that I don't feel for her either (the attitude some anime portray Japan's hatred for otaku and the like always bothered me), but I don't actually like her.

This newest episode bothered me even further, there's no chance in hell I would become friends with Ayase again if I were Kirino. Kirino just came out and told her that the whole 'real Kirino' is as much a part of her as the 'fake one', and it just disturbs me that Ayase is selfish enough to even use that line of thinking. Maybe there's some plot later on that involves a tragic story with otaku and Ayase, but for now I don't like her at all.

The brother is the show, not Kirino, she isn't doing shit. I hope he gets something worth all his immense troubles in the end. Please.
Why Ayase is against the Otaku culture

Spoiler for because it was skipped in the anime:
Old 2010-11-07, 08:10   Link #212
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I think Kirino needs to reconsider who are her best friends. I know she haven't met Kuroneko and Saori for long but they seem to share the same wavelength as her and no crazy drama just because your friend likes eroge either.
Old 2010-11-07, 10:03   Link #213
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
there's no chance in hell I would become friends with Ayase again if I were Kirino.
It would probably be the same for me. If someone was that shallow and conceited to cancel the friendship over such a trivial matter, it can't have been a very good friend in the first place
If I had made any make-up attempts at all, I'd stopped at the latest after explaining her that the "Syscalypse incident" article was just a poorly written crap written by some biased sensationalist attention whore journalist. If she'd still insisted on not making up then (as she did), I'd said "Good riddance" and not folled it up any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I think Kirino needs to reconsider who are her best friends. I know she haven't met Kuroneko and Saori for long but they seem to share the same wavelength as her and no crazy drama just because your friend likes eroge either.
qft. I don't know about her other friends - there was one other girl who was visiting her besides Ayase that one time, and she probably still has other friends besides that, being a popular model.
At least in the case of Ayase however, she should seriously consider if she still wants to be befriended with such a shallow, conceited bitch.
Old 2010-11-07, 18:18   Link #214
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I find it exceptionally unlikely that Ayase would do gravure modeling.
She admits she's doing as much herself, so if you don't want to believe her, I don't know what to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Reasons for doing it has nothing to do with the nature of the beast. Gravure is using sex to sell. Just as some manga/anime artist started off and/or still do hentai work. Tony Taka is a prime example of it. Regardless of the reasoning behind it, it's still work that involves sexual stimuli.
So what you're saying is sex sells. And that is one of the purposes of modeling. Nothing new or condescending nor hypocritical here.
Old 2010-11-07, 19:30   Link #215
kitten320

Yeh, ayase is a huge fail of a friend. Can't believe that Kirino is still willing to talk to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post

Unless Ayase later on join Kyousuke's harem, and sorry but i hope it will be on S2 or so and i won't have to watch it.
I heard somewhere that it will be something like Kyousuke/Kuroneko in the future, I so hope it's not true!

I seriously hate harem shows!
Rosario + Vampire (manga) is the only harem show I can bear.
Old 2010-11-07, 23:23   Link #216
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Yeh, ayase is a huge fail of a friend. Can't believe that Kirino is still willing to talk to her.

I heard somewhere that it will be something like Kyousuke/Kuroneko in the future, I so hope it's not true!

I seriously hate harem shows!
Rosario + Vampire (manga) is the only harem show I can bear.
I don't mind harem show if the guy is worthy enough for his harem. For Kyousuke case, his only bright point is a segment of ep 3 when he defend his sister. But even then, the way he did it is just unbelievably... lame(?) Then this episode turn him from one of my favourite into dislike...

What do you call that tvtropes of a protagonist where the author tried so hard to make his character like a saint while audiences can't stand his acts? That's how i feel. I rather have Kyousuke act as normal caring brother/ teenager, who act tsundere toward his childhood friend Ric-chanMinami.
Old 2010-11-08, 18:42   Link #217
kitten320

^That's the problam, I usually don't see why everyone are over the guy or girl, I never see anything special.

With Kyousuke, yeh he is a nice guy and I don't mind two girls goingafter him, but 4-5? That's an over kill.
Old 2010-11-12, 17:34   Link #218
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Uso Uso Uso-DA!!!!!!!!!! *Lightning* Oh shit, bad end, play again?

A very good episode, and I'm glad everything wasn't settled cleanly that easily. It's not a problem that can be easily fixed. Kiirino will have to realize her hypocrisy in balancing friends with hobbies, and just can't ditch them at a moment's notice. But at least she got some determination "I like you as much as my eroge" lol. But of course, this is just a temporary fix that will not fix the underlying problem-- Ayase just went from one extreme to the other, I'm glad the show bothered with noting this.

Also, it's pretty interesting to see how the media spin on things really effects how most of the characters here view otaku. I easily give this episode a 9.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-04-04, 11:10   Link #219
Misaka of Misaka
Satorina Fan

I would like to estimate this episode is "7 out of 10 : Good".
Ayase's affection for Kirino is quite horrible.
In addition, her attitude to Otaku seems too nervous.
I guess there are actually few people like her.
I hope she will change her behavior.