AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 29 29.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 19.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 24.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 13.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 8.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-04-01, 21:29   Link #41
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Remember how Touma is sent to a local hospital in Chioggia and is instead sent to Academy City via supersonic jet? Academy City treats every single participant to the Power Development Program as a piece of intelligence that must not be acquired by anyone outside. Pretty much the same reason why Touma relies on permits to go outside.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 21:31   Link #42
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
I care. And her huge fanbase.

I mean wouldn't people suspect that Mikoto's mom was killed so that people won't go away from the city if Mikoto's mom was killed. Or are the people obliviously dumb and don't develop conspiracy theories like I do with my government?
I'm not getting the point at all sorry
They ave conspiracies. Remember railgun?(that hurt to type). Ep 4 with those conspiracies that go around including touma being one of them. But like they are they are just conspiracies.

Oh and also I don't think we will wait 3-4 years for another index or railgun. The difference is index has alot of story out. It has the railgun manga,various short stories, and a long ass novel series. The novels come out on average every three months and has already made more novels than shana and index started in 2004 iirc. Shana was on break like the same reason for FMP, not enough original source.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 21:47   Link #43
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
okay after watching it. It might be good to say this but Ritoku is a level 0. And this episode show full of bada*s level 0.

EDIT:

They showed her
Spoiler for guess who's that loli is:

JC staff actually showed her
She's cuter here than in NT....
Old 2011-04-01, 22:29   Link #44
Primary Consult

Awesome Ep:
+More Musujime
++Misuzu fanservice with both male leads
+LO at the end... she has to win the "most adorable character in an action series" award

And my "one line that really should have been included from the LN:"
Spoiler for from LN excerpt earlier in thread:

The blatant stating of everyone's motivations is quite important. Especially Musujime, since they seem to have (inadvertently?) omitted all of the hinting at it.

And at the end I found myself wishing for Misuzu to meet LO, though it would probably never happen. (I can't see her reacting well to learning of the clone project).

One nitpick though... after getting shot at and pursued by a large group of thuggish students inside a university, a normal parent would likely have hardened her resolve to get her kid out...
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 22:44   Link #45
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
She's cuter here than in NT....
Just wait to si her half-sister animated.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 23:01   Link #46
Xenosnake
Badass

I thought this episode was fitting enough for the end of the season. I think the biggest reason why they made this episode was to introduce Hamazura.

Spoiler for III:
Xenosnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 23:10   Link #47
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Just wait to si her half-sister animated.
Didn't she get a short cameo on railgun, tho?

Episode was good, but it just felt underwhelming as a season ender. Definitely could have been better if they had proper management on the episodes. It was disappointing they left out Awaki and Accelerator's banter. It just felt off the remnant scene wasn't mentioned. And I know it's been said, but Accelerator is one good hell of a trash talker.
Old 2011-04-01, 23:22   Link #48
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

What the hell was with all the earlier conplaints about not explaining things?! I just saw the subs and they clearly stated the reason for attacking Mizusu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
One nitpick though... after getting shot at and pursued by a large group of thuggish students inside a university, a normal parent would likely have hardened her resolve to get her kid out...

What changed her mind was that no matter where she brings Mikoto, there will always be danger. No matter how far she run, there’s no safe place. And the feelings of one person there can greatly change things. So instead of moving Mikoto somewhere else, she feels that it may be safer having someone like Touma (And a certain other person) protecting Mikoto here than with her anywhere else.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 23:26   Link #49
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
Didn't she get a short cameo on railgun, tho?
Only the upper half .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What the hell was with all the earlier conplaints about not explaining things?! I just saw the subs and they clearly stated the reason for attacking Mizusu!
Answer: Noobs who only watches raws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What changed her mind was that no matter where she brings Mikoto, there will always be danger. No matter how far she run, there’s no safe place. And the feelings of one person there can greatly change things. So instead of moving Mikoto somewhere else, she feels that it may be safer having someone like Touma (And a certain other person) protecting Mikoto here than with her anywhere else.
And ironically, Accelerator too.
Old 2011-04-01, 23:32   Link #50
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Just a question what's that thing on Musujime 's neck?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 23:34   Link #51
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Just a question what's that thing on Musujime 's neck?
It helps monitor her stress levels.
Old 2011-04-01, 23:43   Link #52
Miraluka
Banned

Forgot my obligatory quote for the episode: Komoba!!!!! T_T
Old 2011-04-01, 23:50   Link #53
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Forgot my obligatory quote for the episode: Komoba!!!!! T_T
Sad to see him go....he and his band were salmons struggling against a torrent that proved too great....
Old 2011-04-02, 00:00   Link #54
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Am I the only one who heard Komaba say "I win" after he died? Yup, I'm hallucinating.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 00:07   Link #55
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Well if she does get killed won't Mikoto react somehow. And a lot of people know Mikoto in Academy City. I mean isn't it a bit too risky?
Why did you think Skill-Out was used ?

"Skill-Out did it to get back at the powerful Espers at always look down on them, they've learnt who she is and have targeted her for her relationship with a Level 5. We have prepared- I mean found, a whole bunch of witness that saw them do it."

My theory.
Old 2011-04-02, 00:17   Link #56
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Talk about rushed... I thought they were going into a new arc or something, but then realized it was the last episode and just went (O_O) while everything breezed by.
Although, as far as rushed episodes go, this episode didn't feel so bad and was easier to understand than previous episodes (not saying much...).
A good last episode, but it really sets up for a season 3...
That Frankenstein's Monster was probably one of the cooler characters this season. Says much about how boring a lot of the new characters this season had been, I guess...

Though with all of the flags set so far (delay of manga release, "slip" online, etc.), maybe Railgun 2 will come out first?
*shrug*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 00:25   Link #57
judasmartel
*Author

And what can we expect of Railgun 2, actually? Perhaps just Hamazura's POV? But Hamazura will have to take part of the World War 3 arc, which is more likely Index material since the main antagonist of that arc is the magician Fiamma of the Right.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 00:27   Link #58
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Blame the source. Too many things happen at the same time warrants an intense cropping that would either (1) destroy plot flow, (2) drastically increase adaptation decay, and/or (3) annoy fans of the light novels.
I think even Kamachi knows this problem.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 00:30   Link #59
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Blame the source. Too many things happen at the same time warrants an intense cropping that would either (1) destroy plot flow, (2) drastically increase adaptation decay, and/or (3) annoy fans of the light novels.
I think even Kamachi knows this problem.
You know, there's not a single light novel adaptation that doesn't have this problem.
Old 2011-04-02, 00:39   Link #60
judasmartel
*Author

Is it me or Mikoto has such a large fanbase that they rant for more of her and less on Index?

I don't mean anything bad to Mikoto fans, but if there aren't real Science side antagonists left to introduce, then I guess Index 3 is a better option. Then JC Staff will just have to focus on the WW3 arc and the arcs after that, even if the next antagonist after Fiamma is from the Science side. Potential candidates are Aiwass and Aleister Crowley.

Unless Kamachi comes up with an idea for new Science side antagonists which the protagonists have to fight for extended periods, I'm not expecting Railgun 2.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
final episode thread