AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-11-10, 02:15   Link #21
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

That pillar of zombies at the end reminds me of Apocalypse no Toride.
Old 2012-11-10, 03:20   Link #22
monir
cho~ kakkoii

The trailer made me lol. I'm in.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 03:54   Link #23
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I feel bad for World War Z lovers ... all that survived was the title. On the other hand, this may be a "Left For Dead" zerg swarming extravaganza for those who have played that video game. The swarms in the trailer certainly raised a few hackles ... and that cop telling them to move on was certainly a wakeup.

Looking through the comments -- hasn't anyone played the "Left For Dead" series? No one seems familiar with this style of zombie?
I played the first two games, and it was quite a white-knuckle experience trying to fend off hordes of zombies, and lingering is a dangerous proposition; the four-man team you're in must move on until finding a safehouse for rest and resupply.

What was lost was the original documentary-style narration of the book, that is, looking at the cataclysm from different angles and survivors who lived to tell their tales.
Old 2012-11-10, 11:42   Link #24
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
I feel bad for World War Z lovers ... all that survived was the title. On the other hand, this may be a "Left For Dead" zerg swarming extravaganza for those who have played that video game. The swarms in the trailer certainly raised a few hackles ... and that cop telling them to move on was certainly a wakeup.

Looking through the comments -- hasn't anyone played the "Left For Dead" series? No one seems familiar with this style of zombie?
Yeah I play that game and it's fun and terrifying when you got hundreds of zombies charging at you only to fall to your machine gun

However if the movie starts bringing up Boomers and Hunters and Smokers then I'm calling foul on that.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 13:03   Link #25
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
That pillar of zombies at the end reminds me of Apocalypse no Toride.
I was actually reminded of Paul Verhoeven's Starship Troopers, specifically the scene where the small group has to fight an entire bug army while trapped in a small fort.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 18:50   Link #26
PzIVf3

Anyone watch I am Legend? That movie is the sequel of World War Z.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 19:24   Link #27
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I was actually reminded of Paul Verhoeven's Starship Troopers, specifically the scene where the small group has to fight an entire bug army while trapped in a small fort.
I know the novel had stark differences from the movie, but I thought the movie was pretty solid for what it was. The sequels weren't too bad, although the second was a bit more "survival horror"-ish than I would have liked.

But yes, definitely similar. My reference to Apocalypse no Toride was that in one of the chapters there is a literal wave of zombies crashing through the city. The zombies in that story are ridiculously fast, strong, somewhat sentient, and will do insane things to chase their prey. There's one scene where zombies are literally falling out of skyscrapers to catch people trying to escape on the highway. Pretty wacky stuff.

Another good manga for zombie fans is I Am a Hero, since I'm tossing out recommendations.
Old 2012-11-10, 19:32   Link #28
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Yeah, I could see the similarities .
Old 2012-11-11, 01:41   Link #29
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Look. It's Left 4 Dead, The Movie.
Old 2012-11-11, 09:42   Link #30
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:

Funny that the last thing I did before I entered this thread was play a Left 4 Dead 2 game.

Yeah, the trailer really does give off the feeling of a L4D the Movie with all those hordes of fast zombies. And that bridge being bombed.

Well, if all they used was the title of the source material... then this doesn't really count as an adaptation anymore, wouldn't it? I haven't read the book, but if this is the case, I also feel for those fans who're expecting to see an actual adaptation.
Old 2012-11-11, 17:06   Link #31
KyuubiRocks
What?!

Holy!!..It's like a planet full of Usain Bolt zombies...bloody tidal wave
Old 2012-11-12, 08:45   Link #32
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyuubiRocks View Post
Holy!!..It's like a planet full of Usain Bolt zombies...bloody tidal wave
"Don't kill the zombies, we get control of these guys and the gold medals are ours!"
Old 2012-11-12, 10:55   Link #33
sa547
*Author

Been rereading the book again, which really had a lot of details, and judging from the War of the Worlds-que trailer, yes, there will be some bits and pieces coming from the pages.
Old 2012-11-16, 19:15   Link #34
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

I am of dual mind over this. Personally I love the original novel and it's one of my favorite books for years now. Very realistic portrayal by Max Brooks of human reaction and governmental response to a slow zombie apocalypse. On the other hand the Fast zombie and search for a cure aspect of the movie appeals to todays hollywood execs and much of the action seeking public. Plus the glaring "plot hole" of the original novel with the issue of the Internet existing and how miniscule it was used or potentially used in disseminating information. Today's industrialized society is centered around social networking, hence people are able to publicly debate information about slow zombies. Fast zombies with hive mind characteristics allow for less reaction time and a more ad hoc response by nation states as portrayed in the original novel.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 21:00   Link #35
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Something that's always bugged me about this zombie movies is that they more or less take place in hot, dry and humid areas.

I mean what about Canada and northern parts of the world? The cold would kill those running zombies (as they'd be focused on finding food and wouldn't cover up).

In Canada our weathers are pretty brutal in winter times (We were colder than even Siberia one time this year). Then you add in Northern China which is devastatingly freezing temperatures.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 21:06   Link #36
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Why isn't my Warm Hearts movie topic getting any posts?
Old 2013-02-18, 23:15   Link #37
Mistressy
Maximum High Powered Wub
*Graphic Designer

Smile Thoughts on, World War Z.

I just seen the trailer of World War Z featuring Brad Pitt. If you guy's seen it the trailer, I would love to have you guy’s thoughts on it.
Mistressy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 23:42   Link #38
Kyuu
=^^=

Is this some new Dragonball movie or something?
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 23:45   Link #39
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

It's supose to be a "Zombie" movie, where the zombies flood like water and can pile on each other so fast they can climb a huuuge cement wall.

Looks like a complete joke if you ask me.
Old 2013-02-18, 23:53   Link #40
Mistressy
Maximum High Powered Wub
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
It's supose to be a "Zombie" movie, where the zombies flood like water and can pile on each other so fast they can climb a huuuge cement wall.

Looks like a complete joke if you ask me.
That is partially what it's about. It is just Brad Pitt trying to get his family out the city while fighting off hordes and hordes of zombie. The movie looks intense!
Mistressy is offline   Reply With Quote