AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-08-21, 00:15   Link #181
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
I was talking about gundam exclusive series like Gundam Battle series. While slightly repititive is at least a hell lot better then MS Saga: A new dawn.
Yeah, I know. While I was talking about the SRW games, any Gundam game with more than one series of Gundam would be hard to release as well. I'm pretty much referring to how different series, like the First Gundam, and Zeta are locally trademarked by different companies, so acquiring the rights to use the series in the US region would be hard to do. Granted, it's not impossible, but that might be why some of the good games haven't reached the states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... do you guys complain about every Gundam game they put out? Seriously, at least play the game before judging it.
Yeah, we gripe about most of them, at least I do. Nearly all of the Gundam games released stateside that I've played were awful, with only a few exceptions in my honest opinion.

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 03:37   Link #182
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Yea, I have been playing GvsG for months now, but I still suck =x. The game does feel slower and more restricted than SEED, due to the fact they took out step canceling. I remember I disliked the game at first because of how much slower it is. Also I had a hard time getting pass stage 3. But once you get adapted to the changes, its not so bad. To me, they just made it more strict where players have to put a bit more thought in their movement and as to where to position themselves. This is because the range and tracking of melee attacks have been increased a lot. With step-cancel out, you can no longer make a mis-step and still expect to be able to quickly dodge a melee attack with step cancel. In other words, if your opponent is charging at you and you make your dodge a step too early, you are going to eat it for sure.(Unless you're using Freedom durrr) BR attacks have also been given a boost with more tracking and with the addition of huge beams from V2 assault mode, Zeta's mega launcher and etc..., lets just say timing is crucial in this game. >_>

As for a 00 vs game by itself and with Exia already in GvsG? Nah, I think its unlikely when they have already made GvsG. It would just make more sense for them to continue to build on what they have now by adding more suits for each respective series in the next game.
I know its freaking crazy. The computers are so strong, I couldn't even scratch them. I was using Master Gundam and I couldn't get a hang of his moves in time, and I already got trashed. The whole Freedom can dodge anything with his Seed is kind of cheap, I hope they balance that out especially because I dislike Kira a lot.

It would be an incredibly BIG bummer if they don't make an 00 exclusive VS series. I really wanted to play as Flag, GN Flag, Enact, and all those sweet grunt units in 00 . I really hope they manage to pull this off. It's not fair that Virtue, Kyrios and Dynames are only assists and crossovers.

It's also weird how some of the Gundams in the game are not the actual title suit, but they're already a high tier suit. Like Gundam X for example, will we ever see Double X? Destiny? Epyon?
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 09:33   Link #183
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

http://www.i-gamer.com.hk/index.php?...roduct&id=1149

Gundam VS Gundam for the PSP. No doubt the graphic will take a hit.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 10:42   Link #184
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

What the bloody frak!?

That's freaking pissing me off, why is PSP getting all the god dam games?

FF: Dissidia, Macross Ace Frontier, KH Birth By Sleep, FF13 Agito, PE3 and now Gundam vs Gundam!?

They should've released it on the PS2! Oh my god...

No wonder the graphics for Gundam vs Gundam looks a lot worse than EAvsZaft2.

edit: btw Makube are you from HK?
Old 2008-08-21, 15:27   Link #185
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

*Mind has been blown*

They skipped the ps2 port and went for psp port!?

Understandable though since psp is still selling like hotcakes in japan right now. Plus, psp allows 2 vs 2 battles on the go =>.

Last edited by U<3Anime; 2008-08-21 at 15:37.
U<3Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 16:51   Link #186
gekido666

The screenshots are taken from the arcade version, hopefully this isn't just a rumor.

From Gunota
Quote:
Gundam Vs. Gundam for PSP?
Retail site i-Gamer.com.hk has a listing for Gundam Vs. Gundam for the PSP for November 20. One of the pics on the site is seemingly of an official list of upcoming PSP titles. Additionally, a Namco Bandai presentation PDF from May shows an unnamed Gundam-related PSP title will be released in Japan in the second half of the fiscal year with a sales target of 400,000 copies.
Basing from this, it should be true

I hope Exia will be a playable unit in the PSP version NOT a CPU controlled unit like in the arcade version >_>
gekido666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 17:28   Link #187
RedWing

OMG! Dream come true! I rarely get time to bring out my PS2 nowadays but PSP = awesome
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 19:32   Link #188
xytrix

Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Gundam Meisters cover
Spoiler for Look who's here:

From Amiami

Last edited by xytrix; 2008-08-23 at 19:53.
xytrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 20:10   Link #189
jonli
JONLIの憂'

^ So I assume we get a glimpse of the Gundam 00 in this game? Probably a mission or 2?
Old 2008-08-24, 09:01   Link #190
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Ahahahah. Just as planned

Can't wait to get this game!
Old 2008-08-27, 02:51   Link #191
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Why do they even bother ?

At least it look epic.
Old 2008-08-27, 03:14   Link #192
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

<3 Gundam Musou

Glad the second one is coming out. Pls gimme F91 or Exia. After playing the crap out of Gundam Battle Universe, I'm tired of Nu and Sazabi.

I'm also pretty ecstatic about GvG going to the PSP. Not only can I play it anywhere now, hooking it up to the TV is no issue. Hope the 3000 series PSP comes out around the same time.

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 03:17   Link #193
xytrix

Gundam Vs. Gundam (PSP) scans
Spoiler:

Last edited by xytrix; 2008-08-27 at 03:30.
xytrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 03:21   Link #194
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah View Post
<3 Gundam Musou

Glad the second one is coming out. Pls gimme F91 or Exia. After playing the crap out of Gundam Battle Universe, I'm tired of Nu and Sazabi.
No reports of inclusion of the above units at press time. But SF is confirmed to be in by a screenshot.

Though my guess is Exia might be a bonus unit considering they sneaked in Turn A (which was a pretty low ranking unit on the popularity chart) the last time.
Old 2008-08-27, 03:33   Link #195
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

Yeah, I'd agree Musou 2 will have Exia. It would be a perfect fit considering the melee nature of the suit.

Since its coming to 360, I wonder if that means they are planning a US release. Since the first game didn't have a 360 port until it hit the US, and then was released in Japan , hopefully that's a sign they are bringing it to the US. I won't even wait this time around, I'll import the PS3 version and buy a US release later.

Ironic that my friend and I were playing the original earlier today and I mentioned I'd love to see a sequel with more mobile suits...
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 03:54   Link #196
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

You know what a perfect Gundam Musou/Dynasty Warrior Gundam game will be like ?

One that feature those Romance Of Three Kingdoms varients of the MS (which is avaliable in BB/SD model kit format now) in their true mecha size (such as this)

Considering that the Dynasty Warriors series had it's root in the Three Kingdom lore and that the current Three Kingdom line of BB/SD model kit line selling very well in Asia, it's shocking that Koei and Bandai didn't bother to go ahead with this concept.
Old 2008-08-27, 04:03   Link #197
gekido666

Quote:
Originally Posted by xytrix View Post
Gundam Vs. Gundam (PSP) scans
Spoiler:
So it's official, GvG on the PSP!
gekido666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 04:05   Link #198
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Gundam Musou 2!? And it's coming to PS2!!! That's great

I can't wait to play as Nu Gundam too!
Old 2008-08-27, 04:29   Link #199
Solitude
Why so serious?

Ah yes, new installments for my two favourite Gundam game series on the very two consoles that I own.
Solitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 10:09   Link #200
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Although the Musou genre is really really really outdated and overused, I can't help but to enjoy Gundam Musou spin-off.

There are many flaws, but a lot of potential.

I really hope they would add really powerful bosses, like those giant MAs and Psycho/Destroy Gundams. It was a great co-op game for killing time.

And I hope they don't over-power the Wing gundam again.