AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-13, 21:53   Link #641
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Out-freaking-standing, so you guys are telling me that my 2H Sword warrior is gonna suck even@ level 50?

Seriously, I struggle against the most trivial stuff, such as Trolls and Bears, blocking doesnt help, and I'm level 20 atm.
The combat system itself wasnt made to benefit this kind of character.
Old 2011-11-13, 22:46   Link #642
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
As there is no strength requirement to equipment, why would an enchanter mage wear robes at all? Might as well as put the enchants on light/heavy armor (and mages do not really need to sneak around).
For challenge? Because I don't want to look like a walking pile of metal? Because mages are supposed to use robes? Or because I don't want to waste my perks into Enchanting/Smithing right at the beginning, as well as spend pile of gold and time into improving those skills so that I can enchant stuff. At beginning you can enchant only really weak stuff, while robes w/ enchantments can be found lying about anywhere. PLUS you need to have Level 100 enchanting to add two enchantments into an item. I'm also happy to hear how can I enchant my armor for three enchantments to cut the cost of spells from EACH school by 15%, add Magicka +50 and top of that, give 100% magicka regeneration because those are the effects of my current robe.

They don't need to sneak? Are we playing the same game? Sneak w/ dagger = instakill, but light up a fireball and the guy loses only like 20%. If the enemy is from tougher class and is a mage it's quite hard to deal any damage because they seem to be able to hold their wards for infinite amount of time.

And you do realise this is TES? People can play any kind of character they want. I'm a mage, but I still like to sneak <.<. It's not about '' needing '', it's about wanting. This isn't a MMO where there's a certain build you must follow to be able to do anything.

^Tong : At level 50 (or higher level in general) you will come across more rare equipment. Or, you can craft it yourself too. Point is that whether you're level 1 or level 50, your Ebony Blade is still going to do the same damage. What matters is your skill in the school of that weapon. If you have level 100 2H school, then you will deal massive damage. Btw max char. level in this game is 70, not 50, but after 50 it will be considerably harder to level up as 50 is the '' soft '' cap.

Last edited by Dist; 2011-11-13 at 22:57.
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 22:51   Link #643
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

It doesn't hurt to play differently from what you're supposed to be. Would you ever use magic for a warrior? Like Dist said, TES games just love to give people limitless opportunities
Old 2011-11-13, 22:59   Link #644
Dist

Indeed. Besides technically you can be a character that is skilled at everything. It's possible to have 100 on each School and Skill but it takes a lot of effort as it's harder to level up when other skills are at their maximum. The only thing limiting you is the bonuses you get from perks, as 70 perk points is hardly enough to max out everything.
Old 2011-11-13, 23:02   Link #645
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I assume they didn't want to recreate an Oblivion moment where people "constantly" farmed to the max in almost everything. So the perk choices along with the difficulty increase is something that I accept so that Skyrim will not be so easy in the long run.
Old 2011-11-13, 23:02   Link #646
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
Best part about my restart as a Mage - I decided to go "evil", so the first thing I do when I leave the tutorial cave, I start frolicking across the countryside looking for things to set on fire and the very first thing I see is a dog. I'm nowhere near a town, so I figure it's a wild dog, so I set it on fire reflexively. Suddenly, I have a bounty for murder, and I see the poor dog's owner (a hunter) aiming down his bow at me.

I felt really bad for him for a few moments, then skipped over to him and melted his face, and then it said "bounty removed due to witness' death".

This system pleases me. Greatly. I feel like the best super villain ever.
Old 2011-11-13, 23:05   Link #647
Dist

^It doesn't always work though ;<. I got an Orc with me as a companion, fast travelled to Winterhold and slaughtered her in the Midden. Went back to the Orc camp and now I'm suddenly greeted with something like '' By the law of (something) you must pay the bloodprice! '' and suddenly I have 10+ archers after me as well as the chief and other warriors o.o. Needless to say, I slaughtered the camp.

What puzzles me is that no matter how much people I kill, I can't seem to get contacted by Dark Brotherhood. What gives? I really want to join it ;<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I assume they didn't want to recreate an Oblivion moment where people "constantly" farmed to the max in almost everything. So the perk choices along with the difficulty increase is something that I accept so that Skyrim will not be so easy in the long run.
I love the perk system anyway. Gotten so used to it in New Vegas and some other games that I'm glad they did it with Skyrim. Something to look forward to when leveling up.. The usual '' increase stats '' as usual in MMO's and Oblivion was just boring. Or was it increase stats? Can't remember Oblivion system, haven't played it that much.

Anyhow, it's not like there's need to max out all perks on all skills anyway as if you prefer 1H blade, what would you do with 2H skills? Personally I'm leveling up Sneaking, Archery (the first perk for dmg), Destruction, Restoration and Conjuration, as well as some for the enchanting tree.

Last edited by Dist; 2011-11-13 at 23:25.
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 23:07   Link #648
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
What puzzles me is that no matter how much people I kill, I can't seem to get contacted by Dark Brotherhood. What gives? I really want to join it ;<

Enjoy your free black robe.
Old 2011-11-13, 23:27   Link #649
Dist

Dammit. In Oblivion all you had to do is kill people and you'd get approached ;<

Edit : LOL. Only because of that video I now know that you can sprint in Skyrim -_-. You couldn't in New Vegas or in Oblivion. In those games the '' Sprint '' button was just for '' running '' (which was so slow that you might as well be walking) ... Lol 41 hours explored in Skyrim without sprinting ... *feels lame*.
Old 2011-11-13, 23:47   Link #650
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Out-freaking-standing, so you guys are telling me that my 2H Sword warrior is gonna suck even@ level 50?

Seriously, I struggle against the most trivial stuff, such as Trolls and Bears, blocking doesnt help, and I'm level 20 atm.
The combat system itself wasnt made to benefit this kind of character.
Hrm. What damage and AC do you have? I'm level 24, with 64 damage, 248 AC, 280 hp, 250 stamina, and 140 mana (mainly due to a sweet amulet). I could have 76 damage, but that'd require me to use a warhammer I found recently, and I hate how slow they are (I use greatswords). I'm pretty sure my damage is on the low side, since it's just an improved skysteel sword I've been using since like level 6. Yea, outside of this one mace, I've yet to find a better weapon in almost 20 levels...sad isn't it.

I'm not finding things particularly difficult, though the occasional random bandit chief still takes half my life away in one swing. My level 22 1-h sword/magic user however, is another story, and life is just brutal for her. My next character will be a melee thief who refuses to touch a bow.

As for blocking, I don't do a whole lot of blocking. My block is still at 28 (honestly, don't know how it's even that high as I really don't ever consciously bother trying to block attacks), while my heavy armor is at 58 and two hand is at 79. I do use block just to tap my attack key for jabbing someone with my hilt to stagger, rather than to block any actual attacks.

I'm not even sure I'll ever reach level 50. While I enjoy doing quests, I will not be doing the randomly generated ones that have an infinite supply, like the various 'Guild' quests you do once you've finished the scripted storylines. My goal is to run through every hotspot on the map, and every non-randomly generated quest (though, without a guide, I suppose there's no real way of knowing how many I'm missing), and we'll just have to see if that gets me to 50. I suspect not, but we'll see.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 00:23   Link #651
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Glad I got my smithing up so I could check out some of the other armor types and actually make use of all the dragon bones I've got. For some reason they really don't like me and have been attacked surprisingly often while traveling. Oh well got to deck myself out in dragon armor and sell the extra to make some nice money .
Old 2011-11-14, 00:59   Link #652
Kajak

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
It's Old God's Armor, and it's pretty sweet in the enchantments side of things, seeing how early/easy it is to get if one was so inclined. Eventually, when I make a new character, I think i'll try out melee stealth as that looks to be the most difficult thing to play, and this armor is going to be the first thing I make a beeline for after leaving Helgen.
What is the quest, and where do you find it? Thank you
Kajak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 01:22   Link #653
Tiberium Wolf

BTW, how do you know your status and also how to get rid of murderer status? I think have it because I am being looked for by the guards of 1 settlement. Well I did kill some hunter accidentally. They look like thieves so I range attacked 1st. LOL. Also an assassin back stabbed me in the road. Found a note from the assassin corpse he was from the Dark Brotherhood and that they were already paid to kill me.

Last edited by Tiberium Wolf; 2011-11-14 at 02:24.
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 05:22   Link #654
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well this is sad.

These Skyrim Launch Celebrities Had No (bleep) Clue
Old 2011-11-14, 05:36   Link #655
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Or when Mark Meer (Commander Shepard's male va) tweeted that he played Skyrim at Nathan Fillion's (Castle) house until 4am!
Old 2011-11-14, 06:18   Link #656
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So... do dragons spawn infinitely? All these dragon bones and scales are weighing me down and I'm planning to sell them to buy my house to store them in and feed my potion addiction. Money's tight in the first few hours.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 06:21   Link #657
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Need a mod to change the crappy inventory & equipment system(obviously which was made for console) , & need shortcut with 1234..... to switch weapons etc...
Also need fix for the arms, when you want to give a poison for exemple , it only affect right arm so you have to switch your left weapon to the right...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 08:17   Link #658
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkalla View Post
Or when Mark Meer (Commander Shepard's male va) tweeted that he played Skyrim at Nathan Fillion's (Castle) house until 4am!
How is that sad? Commander Shepard is hanging out with Captain Hammer!(and possible future live action actor for Nathan Drake.)
Old 2011-11-14, 09:06   Link #659
Kallen4life

Spoiler for dat bear:
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 09:17   Link #660
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Is it strange that I'm on expert and my characters heavy armorr is 40 and my block and one handed are 70?

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim