AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-26, 02:26   Link #1801
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Just started my second playthrough of the game. This time building up the standard Conjuration Juggernaut. Sitting at level 14 with 210 health, 140 magicka and 140 stamina with 10% magicka regeneration really does help when I have no followers

Should probably set the difficulty from Adept to the next difficulty~
Old 2011-12-26, 02:27   Link #1802
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Another question. I want to install the patch that allows for 4GB of RAM being used on Skyrim for PC. I found this page: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=134
The latest patch already addresses the 4GB of RAM issue. SO you don't need the one on Skyrim Nexus. In fact it says right there now by the mod creator that you don't need his mod anymore.
Old 2011-12-26, 16:50   Link #1803
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Best Skyrim video of the week:

Music is a cover done by 331Erock, he makes awesome metal covers of lots of songs, from humorous, badass to humorously badass.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 19:59   Link #1804
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I'm well into the late teens of my new character, a Nord Spellsword (those familiar with Morrowind will be familiar with the setup), and it's been a fun run so far. Money's tight this time around though, for some reason, and I still haven't been able to purchase Breezeholme yet. Heck, I'm not even wearing a single piece of magical equipment. It's been different to say the least.

I've been pretty much forced to rely somewhat on my Summon Flame Atronach spell to get me out of many of my encounters, including Mimulniir. Dunno how any of the future dragon encounters will go at this rate...
Old 2011-12-26, 22:08   Link #1805
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I'm well into the late teens of my new character, a Nord Spellsword (those familiar with Morrowind will be familiar with the setup), and it's been a fun run so far. Money's tight this time around though, for some reason, and I still haven't been able to purchase Breezeholme yet. Heck, I'm not even wearing a single piece of magical equipment. It's been different to say the least.

I've been pretty much forced to rely somewhat on my Summon Flame Atronach spell to get me out of many of my encounters, including Mimulniir. Dunno how any of the future dragon encounters will go at this rate...
When I was at your age- I mean level, I was pretty much doing what you're doing.

Summon a Flame Atronach, at the same time I run around throwing firebolts, and maybe once in awhile actually get close enough to wack them with my sword.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 05:13   Link #1806
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Minecraft meets Skyrim.

Old 2011-12-27, 05:30   Link #1807
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Lol, that's awesome...

(Pretty hilarious nose thumbing too)
Old 2011-12-27, 05:40   Link #1808
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I just started a game of Skyrim. I have a Nord woman as my character. Is it possible to have her be proficient in the following areas?

Marksman
Sneaking
One-handed
Smithing
Alchemy

Is it possible to make a Nord character who is like a decent warrior and is also decent at Stealth, or should I just choose one or the other? For one-handed weapons, I was thinking of going with swords and maces and making her proficient in light armor, but I read that daggers have some crazy good perks. Should I go for proficiency with daggers (via the perks)? I want to have Marksman for long range and something for close range.

If I want to make this character good at stealth and melee combat, I should focus on what? Agility, Strength, and Endurance?

If I choose to learn one school of magic, I'll go with Alteration.
Old 2011-12-27, 05:54   Link #1809
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Sneaking is actually more about positioning and timing rather than perks, though obviously you can do more insane stealth feats with the right perks, and you'd want to get all the damage-related Sneaking perks to be effective at backstabbing. All of my playthroughs with three different builds (Warrior mage, pure mage, pure warrior) have me level up Sneaking even when I don't want to.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 06:00   Link #1810
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

You can be a mix of practically anything. Generally for combat Sneaking, Marksman and One-Handed go together since they don't limit your capacity for stealth and thus can be leveled together. Item creation trees are more or less independent of each other so leveling one won't limit the others.

In the end your limit is your imagination. There are multiple combinations and it all depends how you bring them together. Hell my first character started as a plate wearing Destruction mage with 1-hand weapon proficiency, and I branched him out to be stealth character who can force lightning unsuspecting targets at point blank range.

My next character will likely be standard stealth character with specialization in Illusion and Conjuration, just to be awesome. I'll branch out from there.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 09:57   Link #1811
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I plan to level up sneak until at least getting 3x bow damage and 15x dagger damage. I plan to level up marksman and one-handed.

What else should I level up? I was thinking smithing and alchemy. Would it be a waste to put perks into either lock-picking or speech? Or should I just focus on smithing and alchemy?
Old 2011-12-27, 10:32   Link #1812
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
but I read that daggers have some crazy good perks. Should I go for proficiency with daggers (via the perks)?
Daggers are ONLY useful if you use it for backstabbing. The major perks are all about backstabs, and daggers are the only silent melee weapons other than fists.

If you intend to use melee in regular battles face to face, normal one handed weapons are better. Daggers are for stealth characters.
Old 2011-12-27, 10:45   Link #1813
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

If your gaming hands are good then you won't need too much lockpicking skill. As for me I never leveled speech past the ability that allows me to sell anything to any merchant.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 11:01   Link #1814
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

You can pick Master level locks without a single perk spent in Lockpicking. You may end up using a ton of picks trying to do it but they drop like candy from every humanoid enemy and every merchant sells them. I find the contents of chests to very rarely be worth it anyway, especially if you level Smithing.

I also wouldn't bother putting any points in Speech, personally. The gold and merchant-based perks are kind of a waste since gold is so easy to find and not all that useful later on (I own every house in the game and still have 100k gold with nothing to spend it on, and I stopped even looting anything long ago). The persuade/intimidate perks aren't that great either - most attempts are easy enough that you don't need them and the harder ones tend to have another way to get around them with 100% success rate (paying money, doing a quest that is actually more fun than just persuading the guy, etc.)

You should definitely level Enchanting though, especially if you're leveling Smithing. Enchanting every item you smith before you sell it does double duty of leveling the skill and making you a lot of extra money.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 12:13   Link #1815
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
You should definitely level Enchanting though, especially if you're leveling Smithing. Enchanting every item you smith before you sell it does double duty of leveling the skill and making you a lot of extra money.
Requires TONS of Soul Gems though...and I have no idea where to get them other than merchants which are not enough to fulfiil my massive demands.
Old 2011-12-27, 12:15   Link #1816
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

For Enchanting + Smithing - I would only use Petty Soul Gems while leaving the bigger ones for your main weapon. You can practically find Petty Soul Gems everywhere, and are incredibly low on price. You can also mine the soul gems as well as capture souls to make one.

Quote:
Is it possible to make a Nord character who is like a decent warrior and is also decent at Stealth, or should I just choose one or the other? For one-handed weapons, I was thinking of going with swords and maces and making her proficient in light armor, but I read that daggers have some crazy good perks. Should I go for proficiency with daggers (via the perks)? I want to have Marksman for long range and something for close range.
If you're going to fully dedicate yourself on Light Armor and Sneaking. I would recommend the dagger since the Sneak tree has the 15x additional damage perk.

Quote:
Assassin's Blade - Sneak attacks with daggers now do a total of fifteen times normal damage
With sneak at a higher level, you can do silly things like this. (I think someone posted this already)

Old 2011-12-27, 12:46   Link #1817
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Requires TONS of Soul Gems though...and I have no idea where to get them other than merchants which are not enough to fulfiil my massive demands.
There tend to be tons of them laying around in Tomb-style dungeons. Dwemer ruins are a good place to farm them also, every type of construct has a very high chance of dropping them. If nothing else you can also just Wait a while for the merchants to restock their items. Although, it's also fine to just hold onto items until you come across more gems, unless you really want to grind Enchanting to break the game as fast as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves
For Enchanting + Smithing - I would only use Petty Soul Gems while leaving the bigger ones for your main weapon. You can practically find Petty Soul Gems everywhere, and are incredibly low on price. You can also mine the soul gems as well as capture souls to make one.
I actually had no problem spending any type of gem besides Grand for leveling purposes, heh. Was obsessed with having the strongest enchants possible at every skill level so I was only willing to use Grands for them.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 12:54   Link #1818
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Minecraft meets Skyrim.

Mu-sta-rd jar. He is the lord, fucking cool, oh my god. ME GUSTA. LOL
Old 2011-12-27, 13:55   Link #1819
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
If you don't mind a minor exploit, try this:

Buy everything you needed to buy from a merchant.
Quicksave.
Kill the merchant. I advice using sneak attacks to do it as quickly as possible.
After the merchant dies, Quickload the previous saved game.

The merchant's inventory as well as his money should have reset, allowing you to buy whatever again.
Old 2011-12-27, 18:40   Link #1820
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Should I put the ansiotropic filtering at 8 samples, or would 4 samples suffice? I'm trying to get a small fps gain, and I'm looking at putting AA at 8 samples and AF at 4 samples. Or should I put AA at 4 samples and AF at 8 samples?

The fps gain is small. Should I put both samples at 8, or go with an extra 3-4 fps?

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim