AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-02-06, 14:41   Link #341
Miraluka
Banned

Chuu2 wasn't rushed, it raped/defiled the word 'adaptation' in every way they could.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 14:43   Link #342
Tenzen12

Really? From what I heard chuu2 is supposed be actually better than novels (that didn't stop me from dropping second season early though.)
Old 2015-02-06, 14:55   Link #343
RDNexus

Yeah, Season2 seemed way weaker than Season1...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 15:13   Link #344
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
^ I also realized that's another reason why Tomoya is a bad example for someone aiming for the position of a "creator."

... Also the sad thing about fandom.
Tomoya fits in with what Miyazaki had said about otakus destroying the industry.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 16:30   Link #345
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Chuu2 wasn't rushed, it raped/defiled the word 'adaptation' in every way they could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Really? From what I heard chuu2 is supposed be actually better than novels (that didn't stop me from dropping second season early though.)
oops.
I'm not talking about chuu2koi.

I'm talking about action/fantasy/sci-fi LNs since i usually separate LNs into either two categories: SoL or Chuu2.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 18:08   Link #346
HandofFate

Digging the editor woman
Old 2015-02-06, 19:17   Link #347
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Why A-1 Pictures have to squeeze 6-7 volumes into a 11 (or 12) episode anime series? It's gonna be another case of Magical Warfare if the staff screw it up big time!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 19:31   Link #348
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Twin tails are deadly
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 19:40   Link #349
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Why A-1 Pictures have to squeeze 6-7 volumes into a 11 (or 12) episode anime series? It's gonna be another case of Magical Warfare if the staff screw it up big time!
I'm doubtful since Maruto is writing the screenplay himself for the anime. At least it's bound not to be a bad adaptation anyway.
Old 2015-02-06, 23:35   Link #350
Dahak86
Classics never age

NSFW
sample
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Still not enough to make me regret dropping this.
Old 2015-02-06, 23:39   Link #351
Miraluka
Banned

^
The sooner you go, the better for you.
Old 2015-02-07, 02:05   Link #352
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-29 at 03:06.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 05:39   Link #353
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
With the series being focused on Kato, I think it's still possible to not screw up the series even with volume 6-7 contents getting 'squeezed'.

Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 05:47   Link #354
Miraluka
Banned

^
She isn't the focus though...
Old 2015-02-07, 07:21   Link #355
starlol

Quote:
Because it concludes part 1 of the novels?
It's best for the series to end there.
Old 2015-02-07, 11:05   Link #356
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
My point is that it couldn't be depicted fully, because then Kato would drift even more into the background. And yet, she is the designated match.
I get that point, but my point is that the side stories are really just that... side stories. They're not supposed to be part of canon per se, and expecting them to be a part of the adaptation is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

And believe me, I hate the term 'pandering' as much as you do (after all anime is all about pandering period), but I feel it is the proper term for the side stories. They obviously exist, but for whatever reason? Sure it fleshes the character out and expands on their backstories, but having two separate side stories dedicated to two different heroines? Sure it's just speculation on my part, but I feel they exist because Maruto understands his audience, and thus the need to appease the people who are much into the heroines because they will eventually 'lose'.

In other words, the side stories exist for the same reason I feel why omnibus adaptations exist. But this anime is obviously going for one route (the true end route?), so why expect elements of the 'other routes' in this adaptation?

Quote:
I thought we weren't even in the end of LN 2 yet? Going by this rate, they'd be doing 4 volumes, 5 tops by the end of cour. Oregairu breezed through 6 IIRC while feeling mostly fine, though maybe that's because they're weren't confident in having a second season and thus burned through the material.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 11:14   Link #357
Miraluka
Banned

^
Wrong.
What Mentar also said is that a good chunk of the original source that also is featured in the spin off has been "resumed" in the anime.

Quote:
But this anime is obviously going for one route
If that's what you think, ironically, you're the one setting yourself to disappointment .

Also, what I can see happening is volume.4&5 getting some cuts as good part if them were like filler.
Old 2015-02-07, 11:14   Link #358
Enternal

It's kind of hard to know though considering all the side stories that was mentioned were written by Maruto himself (Koisuru Metronome and egotistic lily). So he's adapting what he can and cutting parts where he deems necessary to fit within the constraints.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 18:03   Link #359
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I get that point, but my point is that the side stories are really just that... side stories. They're not supposed to be part of canon per se, and expecting them to be a part of the adaptation is just setting yourself up for disappointment.
The side stories are from the same author and partially relevant for the main storyline, so in my opinion they are part of the "canon" to begin with. However, I am not fooling myself that they will be fully integrated. In fact, 12 episodes will hardly be enough to fully describe the main path only.

Quote:
And believe me, I hate the term 'pandering' as much as you do (after all anime is all about pandering period), but I feel it is the proper term for the side stories. They obviously exist, but for whatever reason?
Well, there is no universal definition for "pandering", but in my opinion, this term should be used when details are added which are _completely irrelevant for the story_, but something that the target readership favors. A typical example would be the infamous "MC bumps into bishoujo, falls and lands in front of her pantsu" scene. However, for the Utaha story, her aggressive messing/flirting with Tomoya _is_ highly relevant. That's why I disagreed with the (denigrating) "pandering" label.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 20:32   Link #360
SamVision

Watched the anime made me realize how much I hated the novel and mangas.
SamVision is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance