AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-05, 11:19   Link #361
larethian

I didn't notice that! Sounds interesting! Though my PC probably can't play and I'm likely going to get the PS4 version also for the Lodoss characters unlock
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-05, 11:56   Link #362
Belgaesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I didn't notice that! Sounds interesting! Though my PC probably can't play and I'm likely going to get the PS4 version also for the Lodoss characters unlock
I will probably get the PS4 version as well, but only if it gets a western release without moon runes.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-05, 13:50   Link #363
readher

Quote:
There's a ton of non-moon readers playing FGO without translations
FGO has official English version though, so what's the point? Unless you're talking about people who played the Japanese version before the English one came out and they didn't want to start anew. Or are there any other benefits to playing the Japanese one?
readher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-05, 18:34   Link #364
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by readher View Post
FGO has official English version though, so what's the point? Unless you're talking about people who played the Japanese version before the English one came out and they didn't want to start anew. Or are there any other benefits to playing the Japanese one?
I do not play but for a lot of mobile games the Japanese version can be years ahead of the translated versions.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-05, 21:56   Link #365
Azurial

Oh game for mobile o.o well since i dont have much free time to play it on ps4 cause of work this might be good for me who mostly use phone when i have free time from work.
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-07, 10:37   Link #366
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Maybe the terrorists had won the moment they'd killed the archdukes. Maybe if Alexis and Marine had married, both the Union and Alliance would have broken in two, and we'd have a three way war between Union dissidents, Alliance dissidents, and Alexis + Marine loyalists. Plus a greater number of independent lords. And that would have suited the terrorists just fine.

I still wish they'd have gone this route, though. Lost for lost, they might as well seize love and run with it. Plus Villar would have supported them, and he's the only likable guy among the big lords.
It's funny how the guy we were told was a creep ends up being one of the most likable characters. But, I completely agree with you. If she was going to have to go around subjugating Lords to her anyway, regardless of rather she married him or not she might as well have done it with Alexis supporting her from the back then having to fight him from the front.
Old 2018-03-07, 10:44   Link #367
larethian

Somehow forgot to post this. PS4 CM.

Short:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Long:
YouTube

PS4 looks more fun with the army deployment mechanics.
Also, preorder for Lodoss unlocks already started on Amazon.

Last edited by larethian; 2018-03-07 at 11:42.
Old 2018-03-07, 11:18   Link #368
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Somehow forgot to post this. PS4 CM.

Short:
YouTube

Long:
YouTube

PS4 looks more fun with the army deployment mechanics.
Also, preorder for Lodoss unlocks already started on Amazon.
Graphics are good, just like in hollow Realization.
Lets just hope that the characters don't look too cartoony in the environment. I still shudder when I think about how Strea sticks out in the desert

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-07, 11:38   Link #369
larethian

Too bad the games followed anime character design and gave Siluca that ridiculous mantle. I rather she not have that mantle; her agile movements will make more sense...

I edited the 2nd link which was somehow broken, I'm not sure why it was missing a starting hyphen

edit: wait, Siluca actually didn't have the mantle in the 3D model my bad... only the anime-ported visuals. Thank god. The programmers must have thought it would give her a weird hit box.
Old 2018-03-07, 11:47   Link #370
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Too bad the games followed anime character design and gave Siluca that ridiculous mantle. I rather she not have that mantle; her agile movements will make more sense...

I edited the 2nd link which was somehow broken, I'm not sure why it was missing a starting hyphen
She didn't wear it in the short battle scene I saw. I cannot play the second video though so no idea if its visible there.
Rejoice though, DLC will certainly solve the visual atrocity that is Villar's uniform sense

Edit:
Works now. No mantle outside of animated scenes though.
I hope the English release will be there fast. It looks really good.

As for the characters: They should tone down the contrast on Siluca's character a bit. Its worse than Strea's (SAO) armor.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2018-03-07 at 11:57.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-07, 14:43   Link #371
Magewolf

Is that paused realtime fights and a turnbased strategy level? I am getting Bladestorm flashbacks which is unfortunate.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-07, 17:11   Link #372
readher

I hope for Siluca's official uniform (you know, the dark one). I think she looks great in it.
readher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-08, 02:55   Link #373
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Finally caught up with the last episode. I’m more iffy about Marriane’s tactics than anything else. Poison a stronghold and then slaughter everyone still alive? Yeah not sure that’s a long term great plan. True enough she isn’t going to be seen as weak...But not sure that’ll work out great. Won’t be virtuous and inept, but seen as evil and necessary to be brought down. Could work to unite everyone against her, but not sure that’s her plan. In terms of using her body to gain an ally? Eh whatever, her body after all.

Was kind of surprised they went ahead and settled things with Theo and Siluca. I’ll give credit there, no uncertainty about how each feels. Siluca was darn clear but I wasn’t 100% sure about where Theo stood. Should be interesting to see how things unfold in the overall story.
Old 2018-03-08, 13:35   Link #374
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Is that paused realtime fights and a turnbased strategy level? I am getting Bladestorm flashbacks which is unfortunate.
Well, pausable realtime fights can work well for this type of game - Tyranny does this, as does Dragon Age 2 if I recall right; even Star Trek Online has an (admittedly flawed) implementation - where the emphasis is less on twitch reflexes than the ability to plan and execute tactics. That said, the game itself looks interesting enough to keep a continued eye on.

Thanks, by the way, for reminding me that I still have the original Bladestorm among my collection of 360 games. I'm tempted to pull the thing out and have another go at it while pondering whether to pick up its remastered version (Nightmare) on Steam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I’m more iffy about Marriane’s tactics than anything else. Poison a stronghold and then slaughter everyone still alive? Yeah not sure that’s a long term great plan. True enough she isn’t going to be seen as weak...But not sure that’ll work out great. Won’t be virtuous and inept, but seen as evil and necessary to be brought down. Could work to unite everyone against her, but not sure that’s her plan.
Quite so. Even in a setting like this, the late Admiral Greer's favorite dictum - the chance of a secret being blown is proportional to the square of the number of people in on it - remains in full effect. While this plan may be tactically expedient, that might well be outweighed by the strategic consequences, as you correctly point out. Quite aside from the prospect of it making divide and conquer impossible, it also opens the door for escalation... as in actual use of chemical and maybe even biological weapons in the field. Note too that the latter by their very nature raise some rather thorny issues of their own.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-08, 16:25   Link #375
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Quite so. Even in a setting like this, the late Admiral Greer's favorite dictum - the chance of a secret being blown is proportional to the square of the number of people in on it - remains in full effect. While this plan may be tactically expedient, that might well be outweighed by the strategic consequences, as you correctly point out. Quite aside from the prospect of it making divide and conquer impossible, it also opens the door for escalation... as in actual use of chemical and maybe even biological weapons in the field. Note too that the latter by their very nature raise some rather thorny issues of their own.
I don't think secrecy is her plan. She wants people to know. She wants to be taken seriously.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-08, 17:40   Link #376
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't think secrecy is her plan. She wants people to know. She wants to be taken seriously.
That is possible... but we ask again: has she considered all of the possible forms of blowback noted above which would be waiting in the wings once this plan is executed? Almost all of which, when they trigger, would make for interesting plot elements in their own right.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-09, 01:03   Link #377
larethian

Anh_Minh got it right. She wants those who didn't submit in the Alliance of Valdrind's waning leadership to take her seriously.
To add on, Starck is almost an impenetrable fortress due to its location and Valdrind's specialty is her cavalry forces. Other than Aubest's strategy, it was pretty much impossible for Valdrind to take it. And the original plan was to take it at all costs even if they suffered massive losses. This is because if they don't, a major part of the Alliance will follow Starck's example, or might even unseat Valdrind's position by declaring a new leader. But on closer evaluation, the massive loss brute force way may not even work.
Old 2018-03-09, 01:17   Link #378
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
That is possible... but we ask again: has she considered all of the possible forms of blowback noted above which would be waiting in the wings once this plan is executed? Almost all of which, when they trigger, would make for interesting plot elements in their own right.
It's unknown how good she is at evaluating long term consequences. She lets Aubest guide her there (he did when she refused Siluca, and again with the miasma), but we don't know how good he is at it either. If his daughter's any indication... Not very?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-09, 01:58   Link #379
pervypig

Hey, don't blame the adviser for everything. The girl's being perfectly logical in her actions: using chemical weapons then slaughtering everyone to build a rep, sleeping with arab to gain a strong ally... She's doing everything Alexis won't or can't do in order to unite the continent. One way or another, it would united: Under her or against her, so her goals and actions align perfectly. Granted she's no genius, you can't really fault her for being dumb AND inept like her counterpart Alexis.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-09, 05:00   Link #380
Taricitous

Send a message via MSN to Taricitous
I am, like most, are quite distorted by the ending of ep 9. Funny enough that the end has caused me all kinds of internal conflict for a few days after watching it. Enough so that it made me make this post after severals years of not posting anything on here.... I can only give credit to the writers/directors of the show that has me feeling so.

Spoiler:

Now I am conflicted in wether to watch the show out and see the ending for myself, or drop the show like so many others have already done. Does anyone feel the same or agree with what I think? Or am I thinking too hard about this .. >.>