Old 2018-06-23, 12:40   Link #741
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Finally it ends
while it isn't perfect I really enjoyed it
if only they give it 52 episodes.....
this and Toji no Miko was my Friday entertainment

Btw let me join the "gimmespoiler" club too~

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 13:11   Link #742
alex_drian

And this ends.

As the person above says while it isn't perfect I really enjoyed it.

Yeah, the adaptation could have had hundreds of issues but I felt that was easy to watch, even with the pace exposed the necessary and the story was understable. This kind of anime with this setting is a breath of the normal offer.

Yeah, the humanity will advance and eventually cause their own extinction, maybe. But first the furute is uncertain and second how much time is left for that? a hundred as minimum, but is better that have monsters rummaging in my damn garden. Is a pity for the Cat Prince, I had forgotten that he was a Chaos being. And yes, the Grancrest was a big Crest with 3D parts.

A double wedding (people, stop marrying in front of chaos cores), Theo gave the throne to Alexis Mi Tocayo(because if someone will have ememies that would be the Emperor), return to Sistina and became, what was it? King? Governor?

A minute of silence for the people that lost the live to make this possible or lost their lives: Villar, the Mage of Villar, the Cat Prince, Lerecc, Lordwhatwashisname and mainly and more important Priscilla.

...and they lived happily ever after, and I don't want to hear nothing in regards.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 19:38   Link #743
DemonneoPT

What year is this? A medieval fantasy show that had almost no fanservice at all, no harem plot and actually finished the story in 24 episodes? I really did not expect that..lol. Sure, it had some pace and logic issues, but i'm really glad i followed this one. I also liked the last revelation about humans developing technology if no magic is present in the world. I would like to see this theme in particular being explored more since i find it very interesting but oh well, we canīt have everything. Maybe in the next seasons we get another fantasy show that could follow such route xD
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 19:47   Link #744
VTHokiePride

Am I the only one that wished that Theo is Siluca had a child at the end? She looked wonderful in her wedding dress.
Old 2018-06-23, 20:05   Link #745
OneandOnly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
What year is this? A medieval fantasy show that had almost no fanservice at all, no harem plot and actually finished the story in 24 episodes? I really did not expect that..lol. Sure, it had some pace and logic issues, but i'm really glad i followed this one. I also liked the last revelation about humans developing technology if no magic is present in the world. I would like to see this theme in particular being explored more since i find it very interesting but oh well, we canīt have everything. Maybe in the next seasons we get another fantasy show that could follow such route xD
Yep that's what makes grancrest so refreshing for me despite its issues. No harem,no transport to another world,no sudden op powers. I really am going to miss this. I just hope that guy hinting spoilers earlier will spoil us
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Am I the only one that wished that Theo is Siluca had a child at the end? She looked wonderful in her wedding dress.
Yep too bad three years passed and they didn't have a kid only alexis and marrine have twins and based on the ln ending spoiler i've read somewhere lassis married neyman's widow and had a son
OneandOnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 20:17   Link #746
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
You're not alone on such conclusion
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 23:48   Link #747
durack

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
^ Agreed. Given the choice between extinction of the human race in the future and the temporary oppression of the people, Theo chose extinction. That's gotta be DA BEZT CHOIZE EVA! cos fug humans... they're all saps that can't use castles properly, or fire cannons right.
You can't trust anything a Chaos follower would say.
Chaos does not teach, it corrupts and it betrays.

Oh, and spoilers for me please. I doubt the novels will ever get translated.
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 23:55   Link #748
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Finished watching Record of Grancrest War and even though it's not perfect, it's still enjoyable to watch and damn, Theo Cornaro and Siluca Meletes are finally married. Then again, I'm still salty towards Marrine Kreische and her questionable decisions throughout the series. Still, she's married to Alexis Doucet but c'mon, Marrine is one bad girl!

Anyways, it's refreshing to see a fantasy series where it doesn't involves around typical tropes like overpowered characters and such.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 02:00   Link #749
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'll add my voice to the chorus of curiosity concerning the lords' epilogues. Aishela's, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Is a pity for the Cat Prince, I had forgotten that he was a Chaos being. And yes, the Grancrest was a big Crest with 3D parts.
I'd forgotten too. Poor cat.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 07:03   Link #750
MgMaster

I personally think it kinda went downhill a bit since the 2nd half, or basically after Villar died. I rather like traditional fantasy settings, way more than an isekai anime set in a traditional fantasy setting, but on the condition that it should go into details about it's world, the individual battles(strategies they use, the magic they employ) or the romance for that matter. To that end, this one felt more focused in the 1st half, with most of the cast facing the dilemma of whether the Union & Alliance should form a peace treaty or fight each other, Alex & Marine's romance tying in to it all and Villar & Theo(thus Siluca & everyone close to him) supporting that.

Then in the 2nd half we're going all over the world and getting less & less interesting fights as the good guys just keep winning with little to no significant loss as their opponents seem to becoming stupider by the moment. The final fight against that vampire lord dude is a culmination of this. Flashy spells & movements are being thrown around, he gets overconfident and at the end can't get through the MC & side character's plot armor ~ granted, we knew he carried the grail, but doesn't make it any less annoying that an important battle is decided by plot armor rather than skill,tactics & strategy.

On the other hand, if it would've had a slower pace in the 2nd half, we'd prolly get a cliffhanger ending and would never get another anime adaption to conclude things so that could've been worse...Props for showing Theo return to his home village with Silluca right at the end though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValvraveTruth View Post
Disappointed with the adaption and didn’t do the last volume of the novel justice, many were butchered. Origin of Pandora & how she changed the world, how old civilization clearly destroyed, epilogue of all lords(like who marry who, who having kids and their whereabout, even Aishiela is married lol) and important of all a national day dedicated to holy maiden Priscilla, many were not adapted. This adaption has been rushed to begin with, but adaption of last volume definately the worst out of it.
Pass me some spoilers too about some of that if you will mate.

Last edited by MgMaster; 2018-06-24 at 07:15.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 15:41   Link #751
Belgaesh

I would like to read some spoilers as well.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 22:20   Link #752
Applehell

The final fight was anticlimactic (in a bad way) imo mainly becasue 1) Vampire King provided no emotional attachment to either characters or audience since he was hardly in the show. 2) It relied entirely too much on a DEM to overcome him and not enough individual characters personal strength. The Pandora stuff wasn't given enough time to be fleshed out like a lot of things in show so it was ultimately "whatever" at this point.

The rest of ending was okay, if not perfunctory. Theo & Siluca finally tied the knot officially and that's really mattered there. Overall Grancrest was a serviceable show even with all it's failings. I can appreciate the fact that it's one of few traditional fantasy shows we have gotten that doesn't relies on game tropes outside the Crest system. Woefully underexplored, but an decent watch nonetheless.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-25, 07:56   Link #753
OneandOnly

Oh man looks like we've been left hangin for spoilers.
OneandOnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-25, 08:44   Link #754
larethian

Lol!! It is rare to see so many posts yearning for spoilers after the complete end of a supposedly mediocre show. Some of the lore was supposed to be covered in volume 2, which became like 1 episode with just a vampire lord vs werewolf queen, remember? Just go LN thread and ask collectively. I don't participate actively in forums anymore though.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote