AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-08-21, 19:49   Link #161
Forever
Revealing the truth

Ouch. Just as I predicted. Those that got instant killed was lucky. Eaten alive by cockroaches or Neuronist Painkill.... I wonder which is worse...
Old 2018-08-21, 21:09   Link #162
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that guy wasnt up for fighting that hamster Its just to bad didnt get to see more of that guy in that armor he really had a lot of skill
Old 2018-08-21, 22:00   Link #163
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Ouch. Just as I predicted. Those that got instant killed was lucky. Eaten alive by cockroaches or Neuronist Painkill.... I wonder which is worse...
If I were one of them, the moment I knew the swarm beneath me is of cockroaches, I would kill myself instantly.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-21, 22:11   Link #164
Greenish Growth

I liked the look on Solution and Lupusregina's faces when the old guy said that the Old Guarders must be the most powerful creatures at Nazarick.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-21, 22:31   Link #165
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

The Almighty Hamster Warrior Hamusuke was so so so good killing that trash.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-21, 23:03   Link #166
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
So why is Ains personally fighting this particular group of 4? He should already know that he will wipe the floor with them in his ultimate form as a mage. Well, he did mention testing out a sword. The only sword, so far that have been mentioned, are the ice sword from the reptiles and the magic sword from the trolls. He has already used the ice sword in a fight before, so it can't be that. However, he mentioned that he was going to give the troll sword to someone in Carna Village.
And it was already delivered in episode 5. The goblin leader got it.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-22, 00:12   Link #167
HandofFate

not a fan of this arc, since its all like fools invading the tomb, die for it!
but its pretty much entrapment and they lured all these guys there themselves, so a bit too evil for me on the part of ainz.
Old 2018-08-22, 00:51   Link #168
wissenschaft

Yeah, this arc is a good reminder that Ainz and his followers are the bad guys of this story.
Old 2018-08-22, 01:08   Link #169
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
not a fan of this arc, since its all like fools invading the tomb, die for it!
but its pretty much entrapment and they lured all these guys there themselves, so a bit too evil for me on the part of ainz.
No entrapment here. It's call sting operation. Like when a police officer pretends to be a drug dealer to capture criminals.
Old 2018-08-22, 01:16   Link #170
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
No entrapment here. It's call sting operation. Like when a police officer pretends to be a drug dealer to capture criminals.
I would disagree. The workers aren't criminals, nor do they deserve more flack than adventurers just for skirting regulations for more $$. Ainz' question on their motivations is really meant to convince himself he's doing nothing wrong too.

I'm not sure if there were bits covering this but how does Ainz relate to the human denizens of this world? He shows restraint when innocent people are caught in the plans of his subordinates but does he think of the humans as like him or just ''NPCs''?

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-22, 01:49   Link #171
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
I would disagree. The workers aren't criminals, nor do they deserve more flack than adventurers just for skirting regulations for more $$. Ainz' question on their motivations is really meant to convince himself he's doing nothing wrong too.

I'm not sure if there were bits covering this but how does Ainz relate to the human denizens of this world? He shows restraint when innocent people are caught in the plans of his subordinates but does he think of the humans as like him or just ''NPCs''?
Unknown, but any excess compassion or guilt would be cancelled. Plus, when all's said and done, he cares more about the guild's custom built NPCs than about humans.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-22, 02:06   Link #172
eiyuuou

Quote:

Trespassing and Robbery are criminal acts.

The accompanying adventurers are compelled, as implied by Ainz in previous episode, while the motive by the workers is plain and simple greed and their willingness to risk their lives to satisfy their greed made it clear to Ainz.
Old 2018-08-22, 02:13   Link #173
Fwarlord

Quote:
Workers are literally adventurers who conduct illegal stuffs thus get no protection from the guild or the authority. The reason their quests usually get much more money than usual ones is because they're illegal. Let take this mission for an example, it's basically a blatant invasion to a foreign country's soil.
Ainz's question was to make sure he wouldn't kill any innocent person. If they had answered differently, he could have spared them.
Quote:
He clearly thinks of them as human, as stated multiple times in his inner thoughts the LN. He just happened to have justifications to treat them as collateral damages, like wars and stuffs.
Old 2018-08-22, 02:49   Link #174
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuuou View Post

The accompanying adventurers are compelled, as implied by Ainz in previous episode, while the motive by the workers is plain and simple greed and their willingness to risk their lives to satisfy their greed made it clear to Ainz.
The Workers and Adventurers are both in it for money. It just so happens that due to regulations, Adventurers can't actually go into the Tomb. Regulations which, BTW, aren't about the rights of Undead or other Monsters currently occupying the Tomb (what Ainz is killing them over), but the rights of the polity nominally in control of that territory (the Re-Estize Kingdom).

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2018-08-22 at 03:25.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-22, 03:19   Link #175
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

If I were to enter Nazarick as a worker or tomb raider or whatever, I'm fine with encountering skeletons, liches, werewolves, vampires and even actual demons inside.

But if you tell me that there's a roomful of roaches inside ruled by a cockroach king...
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-22, 06:11   Link #176
Ultragunner

what's with all the collars/chains on the lizardmen and even Ainz himself? Are they meant to restrain their strength?
Old 2018-08-22, 07:26   Link #177
Tormenk

Quote:
Workers are literally adventurers who conduct illegal stuffs thus get no protection from the guild or the authority. The reason their quests usually get much more money than usual ones is because they're illegal. Let take this mission for an example, it's basically a blatant invasion to a foreign country's soil.
Ainz's question was to make sure he wouldn't kill any innocent person. If they had answered differently, he could have spared them.
Their hired purpose was recon, with a share of the loot so it is closer to trespassing and theft as someone else pointed out. Arche's group going to hunt undead also sounds like the type of work to go awry or just being grunt work the adventurer guild isn't likely to take on. All in all, I just realized they're just mercenaries of this world, being able to take on work of all sorts and a source of plausible deniability.

Arche's reason might have given Ainz' reason to consider but in the first place she has no real need to divulge something personal to so many third parties. It would have likely just become an weakness for payback or exploitation.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-22, 10:58   Link #178
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Wrong.
It's like a shady organization specifically targets people who are not protected by the law because they know that no one will care if those people disappear.

Quote:
If he doesn't want to kill innocent people, he should have thoroughly investigated them, instead of asking one single vague question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuuou View Post
So, are you telling me that if adventurers from the Kingdom infiltrate the tomb, they will be unharmed?
Old 2018-08-22, 11:08   Link #179
Go0gleplex
The Old Guy

I don't see it as a sting operation at all either. They are off the books adventurers who take high profit, high risk jobs that the adventurers guild either will not touch or will assign to more fitting parties. They go into these jobs knowing their lives are on the line is things go bad. Breaking into the Great Tomb is just a case of things going as bad as they could possibly go.

Ainz asking his question is more along the lines of 'are you prepared to die to do this thing?' as much as it was his actual wording. If Arche had mentioned something about why she needed the money, which at this point had gone from bailing her parents out to being able to escape with her sisters and support them, Ainz probably would have kept her from the mission somehow, even if somewhat cruelly like breaking a leg or such. He does hold some compassion for those stuck in situations beyond them...but he also holds no pity or regret for those that go into things with their eyes open to the dangers involved as they are responsible for the consequences of their own actions IMO.

"No society can thrive when it puts more money, effort, and emotion into its vices rather than its virtues."

Harem of choice? Uzume, Rory Mercury, Raphtalia, and Yasaka.
Go0gleplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-22, 11:16   Link #180
Belgaesh

I think Ainz just asked that question for self-satisfaction;
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote