AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-20, 09:38   Link #141
Frontier

We finally get to better know Green Gelato! Daigo Todoroki! The cool-headed, professional, and stable backbone of Gelato 5! He cooks, he helps recruit members, and he's an important part of the team! He also has a giant Desumi-sized mental trauma .

Is Misaki genuinely interested in Daigo or is it just fun teasing? He didn't seem interested, and work relationships aren't allowed, but I wonder if there's something more to it .

So Daigo and Desumi both grew up in Hakata and attended the same dojo. Desumi was always inhumanly strong and tried to find something that could take her monstrous strength, which ended up being Daigo through sheer force of will. Poor girl ended up closing the dojo down because she beat the teacher, but Daigo couldn't leave her alone and decided to become her teacher, being the one to teach Desumi how to fight even as she continually almost kills him during their numerous training sessions...which he tries to play off as nothing and in doing so makes Desumi think he's a super cool guy who is stronger than her. Got to admire Daigo's fortitude .

Seven-year old Desumi was adorable! She even had Gekko shoes .

Well, sucks for Daigo that his parents got divorced and he had to move, and that's before Desumi utterly wrecks him in their last match (and she didn't even go all out). But leaving her with the impression that they'll meet again on a fateful day as he basically runs away from her was utterly hilarious .

Daigo wants Fudo and Desumi to break up? That won't do! Although Desumi as Black Gelato is actually a pretty nice visual. She wears the uniform very well .

Daigo wanted to recruit Desumi into Gelato 5 and instead gets to witness Fudo and Desumi being all lovey-dovey with each other. It's absolutely sweet and adorable even if it made Daigo even more uncomfortable sitting there .

I appreciate that Desumi is loyal enough to Gekko to give up an opportunity to be closer to Fudo by joining the Gelato 5, even before she learns that they'd have to break up for her to join...which gives her plenty of motivation to utterly wreck Daigo again, who would probably have died had he not instinctively activated his suit. And she still thinks he went easy on her .

No PDA? These two can barely keep themselves away from each other! Although it seems like some female paparazzi is snapping candid pics of them together. I don't like where this is going .
Old 2022-05-20, 10:17   Link #142
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I wouldn't mind seeing Desumi take up the Black (licorice?) Gelato mantle for some kind of future side story, as long as they can preserve their relationship.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-20, 10:43   Link #143
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Desumi take up the Black (licorice?) Gelato mantle for some kind of future side story, as long as they can preserve their relationship.
The fact that they're actively recruiting new members makes me wonder if they might end on a 6th Ranger plot .
Old 2022-05-20, 10:51   Link #144
grecefar

Hilarious, it was worth the wait.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-20, 17:14   Link #145
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Daigo & Desumi's relationship, as well as Daigo's deadpan humor, is true comedy gold .

So this kinda showed us why Fudo is the leader of the Gelato 5. The fact that Fudo is able to "tank" Desumi's violent burst of hits everytime they met without much problem really cemented that Fudo is several levels above even the most disciplined member like Daigo. No wonder they often relied on Red Gelato to face Reaper Princess to the point where Red fell in love with Reaper after their repeated interactions in battles.
Old 2022-05-20, 23:46   Link #146
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Daigo & Desumi's relationship, as well as Daigo's deadpan humor, is true comedy gold .

So this kinda showed us why Fudo is the leader of the Gelato 5. The fact that Fudo is able to "tank" Desumi's violent burst of hits everytime they met without much problem really cemented that Fudo is several levels above even the most disciplined member like Daigo. No wonder they often relied on Red Gelato to face Reaper Princess to the point where Red fell in love with Reaper after their repeated interactions in battles.
He's literally the only man for her on several levels .
Old 2022-05-21, 02:25   Link #147
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep7:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-21, 08:03   Link #148
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep7:
Desumi would choose to stay with Gekko because she is still friends with a lot of them, especially recently, and she has started to open up more to all of them thanks to dating Fudo.

She's become close friends with Steel Princess, she's very close to Beast Princess (even if the other thinks they're rivals, Desumi is too clueless to notice and too overpowered to consider her a rival back), Culverin Bear is her direct supervisor and is a pretty fun guy from what we've seen, and then the Boss respects her a ton.

She still has that family expectation going, but that's strengthened even more about how much her youngest siblings idolize her and her younger sister "finally started opening up" because of the pride she gets from Desumi.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-21, 09:12   Link #149
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
Desumi would choose to stay with Gekko because she is still friends with a lot of them, especially recently, and she has started to open up more to all of them thanks to dating Fudo.

She's become close friends with Steel Princess, she's very close to Beast Princess (even if the other thinks they're rivals, Desumi is too clueless to notice and too overpowered to consider her a rival back), Culverin Bear is her direct supervisor and is a pretty fun guy from what we've seen, and then the Boss respects her a ton.

She still has that family expectation going, but that's strengthened even more about how much her youngest siblings idolize her and her younger sister "finally started opening up" because of the pride she gets from Desumi.
And Gekko ironically makes it easier for her to date Fudo .
Old 2022-05-21, 09:52   Link #150
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I know black rangers is a classic, but I don't know about black ice cream.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-21, 10:02   Link #151
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I know black rangers is a classic, but I don't know about black ice cream.
Spoiler for Black is Black:
Just think of it like extra dark chocolate...
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-21, 11:43   Link #152
Lex79

Well, now I know why nobody tried to convince Desumi to join the good guys. Relationships between coworkers are prohibited.
Old 2022-05-21, 12:11   Link #153
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Well, now I know why nobody tried to convince Desumi to join the good guys. Relationships between coworkers are prohibited.
I feel like the professor would probably be chill about it, but it makes Gekko seem like a better place to work .
Old 2022-05-21, 13:34   Link #154
Lex79

Well, if one doesn't mind the possibility of being turned into a human-animal hybrid (as a kind I would have been enthusiast at the idea) Gekko seems definitely better than the typical Japanese companies portrayed in anime.
Old 2022-05-22, 12:14   Link #155
Decel

Nice development and very unexpected, considering the hints about Daigo in the previous episode.

I knew Desumi was strong, but it adds a new layer of entertainment to all those past occasions of Desumi hitting Fudo while laughing.
Old 2022-05-22, 14:41   Link #156
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
Nice development and very unexpected, considering the hints about Daigo in the previous episode.

I knew Desumi was strong, but it adds a new layer of entertainment to all those past occasions of Desumi hitting Fudo while laughing.
Desumi and Fudo are both freaks. It makes you wonder why they are afraid of people finding out about them. Either one of them seem to be capable of soloing the others organisation so there does not seem to be much they could do to them.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-22, 15:19   Link #157
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Desumi and Fudo are both freaks. It makes you wonder why they are afraid of people finding out about them. Either one of them seem to be capable of soloing the others organisation so there does not seem to be much they could do to them.
I guess because at the end of the day they're still dorky teenagers .
Old 2022-05-22, 15:28   Link #158
Lex79

Quote:
But what if their friends and family decide to cut ties with them because they are traitors who get along with the enemy? Even if nobody is able to physically oppose them they can still face repercussions for their relationship.
Old 2022-05-22, 16:12   Link #159
Huh...?

Quote:
It makes you wonder why they are afraid of people finding out about them.
One thing Japanese people (especially those who are Famous) are more afraid of anything is "Social Scandal".
A "Good Team Guy" falling in love with a "Evil Team Girl" is a big scandal in whatever way you look at.

While some people might be understanding, majority of people would question the legitimacy of the stuff that happen, like if ever Gelato 5 is badly defeated or some big loss occurs, everyone would blame Fudo as the traitor (because he is dating a Villain). While, if anyone from the Gekko learns of it and doesn't understand, they would blame her for their failure, which would hurt Desumi, as Gekko is kind-off like a family to her.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-22, 20:31   Link #160
Belgaesh

What I really want to know now is how Desumi is so strong, Fudo I get it as he trains a lot, but we really don't see her training much, we now saw her past training with Daigo. Is it because she is from a Gekko family?
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote