AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > GATE

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-07-30, 03:23   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

GATE - Requests for new threads

Since the GATE forum is limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new GATE thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.
Old 2015-07-31, 22:39   Link #2
Hata
時の異邦人

need a manga thread so we don't have to discuss it in the novel thread.
Old 2015-08-21, 07:19   Link #3
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

A Gate fanfiction thread since a couple of Gate fanfic have been released.
Old 2015-08-30, 18:45   Link #4
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
A politics discussion thread for the Gate world would be great. I've seen two episode discussion threads get derailed and closed because of it. Perhaps we need a dedicated thread so people can stop derailing more episode discussion threads. :P

I have cameras in your head!
Old 2015-08-30, 19:05   Link #5
Hmm....

I second a political thread for Gate.

I'm not sure what policy Animesuki has toward politics discussion. Is it fine to discuss politics if it is still on-topic with an episode ? Prefer there to be no politics at all in episode threads ? Or there should be no politic at all anywhere in anime section ?

Frankly speaking, I think it will be hard to separate politic discussion from a politic anime. While manga, LN and anime consecutively tone it down. There will always be a politic element left in Gate. Having delicate thread for this can at least "put all bad eggs in one basket".
Old 2015-08-31, 01:14   Link #6
Brother Coa
Banned

I also support politics discussion thread for the Gate.
Better that then closing the episode threads because of political discussion outbursts that come naturally as GATE is partially that kind of show.
Old 2015-09-11, 16:12   Link #7
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Shouldn't there be an episode 11 thread by now? The episode aired hours ago.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2015-09-11, 17:07   Link #8
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
Crunchyroll (the main "legit" method of viewing the anime for us English speakers) has made it a habit of airing the subbed version of the episodes on Saterday which they have done in this case as well. It probably still airs at the same time in Japan, but Crunchyroll seems to have moved the simulcast to Saturdays. Last time it happened unexpectedly so the thread for ep10 was up despite it being delayed. This time though, they won't even create the thread till tomorrow.

I agree that the thread shouldn't be created yet, because Japanese speakers or those that understand the language would get a heads up on the show and spoil the rest of the episode for the rest of us who won't be able to watch it (and understand what's going on) till tomorrow. So this makes sense. I certainly don't agree with Crunchyroll's decision to bump the show to Saturdays though. Even though I don't really watch the show from Crunchyroll, the "source" I do get it from uses Crunchyroll as their source. So the delay still affects me either way.

I have cameras in your head!
Old 2015-09-18, 12:59   Link #9
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache Thunder View Post
A politics discussion thread for the Gate world would be great. I've seen two episode discussion threads get derailed and closed because of it. Perhaps we need a dedicated thread so people can stop derailing more episode discussion threads. :P
It's a very good idea. It's related to the anime, but it's not on topic of a discussion about an episode, character etc.
Old 2017-07-04, 02:06   Link #10
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Is it possible to make a request for either (or both, depending on things)

- Character thread for Princess Pina Colada

- Don't know if its worthwhile to make a Gate 2: Weight Anchor LN once the first volume is released.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Closed Thread