AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2019-08-15, 09:40   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 952 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Hey guys, how's it going? Here's the summary, courtesy of AP's Redon and Sandman:

-Chapter title is "Hiyori and Kawamatsu". The ministory involves Capone agreeing to help his wife search for her long-lost sister, Lola.

-The chapter begins with Zoro challenging the weapon thief Gyukimaru to a rematch. He takes the thief down, demanding he return the sword Shuusui. However, the thief refuses, saying that the reason outsiders managed to conquer Wano was due to the loss of Ryuma (also known as the "Sword God") and his sword. However, Zoro says he doesn't believe in gods. As he prepared to continue fighting, Zoro is suddenly attacked from behind..... by none other than Kawamatsu! However, the green-haired one easily parries the kappa's strike, which impresses him. He notes that neither Zoro or Gyukimaru are fighting with the intent to kill, so he tells them knock it off. Zoro, upon checking out Kawamatsu, wonders if he's a fish-man....

-At Udon, we're introduced to four other yakuza bosses who were held prisoner there: Blood-letter Oomasa of Udon, Broken-Hat Tsunagoro of Hakumai, Moonflower O-Chou of Ringo, and Snake-Eye Yattape of of Kibi! They have a joyful reunion with Hyougoro, but get angered when Luffy calls him gramps, heh. We soon find out that Chopper finally concocted a cure for Queen's virus, rather easily at that. Now that they've been cured, Luffy has a fit army of 3500 prisoners who will fight by his side....!!!

-At Onigashima, Big Mom and Kaidou are still in the middle of their fight. In fact, they've been battling all throughout the night! Queen says he's going to check in on the situation at Udon, but it's more or less an excuse to get away from the clashing emperors, heh. He calls Babanuki, who tells him that the situation is under control, and that Luffy and Kid are back behind bars..... but this is a lie. In truth, He's under the influence of Tama's kibidango! Back to Kinemon's group in Kuri, the samurai is pleased to receive a map of Kaidou's home in Onigashima, which was provided by Ashura. Speaking with Raizou through snail, he learns there's one more major obstacle to tackle: The lack of weapons for the samurai army. Kinemon says he'll handle this by visiting Amigasa village, which he intends to make his base of operations (and most likely to visit Tama's master Hitetsu, who, in case anyone forgot, is a blacksmith).

-Back to Zoro's group, Hiyori has an emotional reunion with Kawamatsu. She apologizes to him for running away in the past, the reason being she didn't want him to starve to death, as he always gave his food to her. The kappa happily accepts her apology. However, the group are suddenly attacked by Kaidou's henchmen! They shoot at Gyukimaru with magnum bullets, but Zoro and Kawamatsu team up to take out the thugs! During the altercation, the weapon thief suddenly runs off, but he sheds tears of joy, now that he knows that the legendary samurai Kawamatsu is still alive....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2019-08-17 at 08:37.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-15, 23:36   Link #2
marvelB

Okay, while I'm not sure when the full chapter will be out, at least we have a full summary in the meantime (big thanks to AP's Sandman for the info!). So Chopper managed to make a cure for Queen's disease, Zoro teams up with Kawamatsu, Big Mom and Kaidou are still fighting, and Kinemon's on his way to find a weapons cache. Coincidentally, an arms thief just ran away from Zoro's group....

Also, rather amused to see Oda make another reference to Zoro's atheism. Skypiea sure hasn't changed his beliefs in the slightest, heh.
Old 2019-08-16, 11:11   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So Zoro still hasn't recovered Shuusui. Kawamatsu is getting more hype, I wonder how strong he really is.
Old 2019-08-16, 13:57   Link #4
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, rather amused to see Oda make another reference to Zoro's atheism. Skypiea sure hasn't changed his beliefs in the slightest, heh.
I wonder how Zoro’s atheism holds up with Beerus, Dio, and other gods in anime? 🤔
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-16, 18:47   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Best part of the chapter was Queen. Dude's hilarious.
Old 2019-08-16, 19:29   Link #6
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Best part of the chapter was Queen. Dude's hilarious.
...especially considering the dope has a bounty worth 1.32 billion berries, a good 320 million more than Jack's at 1 Billion and I'm pretty sure King's is closer to 2 Billion by comparison. Although I laughed more at the fact Babanuki is subservient to Tama now. So much for Queen having an excuse to get away from the fight between his boss and Big Mom.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-16, 19:54   Link #7
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

wait... so tama can use her power to control kaidou?
Old 2019-08-16, 19:58   Link #8
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
wait... so tama can use her power to control kaidou?
Nope. Her dango millet powers only work on animals... or the SMILE fruit users, as demonstrated with the Headliners Speed and, more recently, Babanuki.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-16, 20:13   Link #9
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theia_Loki View Post
Nope. Her dango millet powers only work on animals... or the SMILE fruit users, as demonstrated with the Headliners Speed and, more recently, Babanuki.
a dragon is an "animal" lol
Old 2019-08-16, 23:13   Link #10
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I wonder how Luffy will make friends with Yonkuza (Four Yakuza Bosses) since they are literally sensitive when it comes to their boss.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-17, 00:59   Link #11
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
a dragon is an "animal" lol
I think it have something to do with those SMILE are still "part animal"
while the DF user earn the power of specific animal not become a part animal
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-17, 09:05   Link #12
marvelB

Boy, those yakuza bosses sure look goofy (even the lady, but at least that makes her design unique, heh). So now almost all of the important allies have been found.... the only one still missing is Denjirou of the Nine Scabbards, I believe. My guess at this point is that he's the actual "Witching Hour Boy". Since Yasu's claim that he was the thief served as a distraction for Orochi, the actual thief should still be at large, somewhere....

Also, as far as the kibidangos are concerned, I doubt they'll have much, if any effect on Kaidou... if only because I figure he's strong enough to resist its influence. I imagine the same can be said for most of the other powerful "true" Zoans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theia_Loki View Post
...especially considering the dope has a bounty worth 1.32 billion berries, a good 320 million more than Jack's at 1 Billion and I'm pretty sure King's is closer to 2 Billion by comparison. Although I laughed more at the fact Babanuki is subservient to Tama now. So much for Queen having an excuse to get away from the fight between his boss and Big Mom.
Yes, it is rather amusing that a 1.3 billion bounty head like Queen is practically pissing himself in the presence of two emperors. I mean, just compare him to Jack (his "junior"), who fearlessly attacked marine vessels that were occupied by several admiral/VA-ranked marines (Fujitora, Sengoku, Tsuru, etc.).... and this was shortly AFTER he spent several days battling against the mink armies at Zou. And yet apparently suffered so little injury from those admirals that he felt compelled to return to Zou, anyway. And yet is STILL active in Wano despite getting smacked away by a gargantuan elephant. Are we really sure that Jack is the "weakest" of Kaidou's Disasters?
Old 2019-08-17, 16:30   Link #13
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Queen and his underlings made this chapter more funnier than what it should of been. Lol
So we finally see the other Yazuka bosses, not impressed. Nor their behavior towards Luffy. Even if they respect Hyou.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-18, 07:44   Link #14
SilverGlavenus

I have a feeling Kaidou will be defeated by Tama's power.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote