AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-07-25, 20:49   Link #121
Budweineken
Crap

I had enjoyed the first 2 episodes, but it was fairly hit and miss for me. But this episode 3 was freaking awesome, can't wait for the next episode.

And glad they didn't tease us with the Mob Explosion throughout the whole ordeal, and gave it us soon instead of milking it like shows usually do.

Now, I'm not sure about his new sidekick...

Last edited by Budweineken; 2016-07-26 at 07:44.
Budweineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 23:48   Link #122
Sixth
Hu Tao

Nice episode. Love how easily Mob got "bribed" with the the word "popular" and "milk".

Mob was so badass when he reached 100%. Even the upper demon class was a fodder to him. It was funny to see the masked aunt guessed 3 times about Mob's trouble and Mob is still believe her for being legit. The smile mask was creepy as hell. I thought that they were a bunch of assassins that dressed as "death" but it turned out just a cultist.

Also, why isn't Mob popular in his school despite that many people knew that he is an esper? Even his family doesn't seem much amazed with his gift.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-26, 01:19   Link #123
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Also, why isn't Mob popular in his school despite that many people knew that he is an esper? Even his family doesn't seem much amazed with his gift.
He said in the episode that he always keeps his emotions in check. Would you believe it if someone told you that a person of his meek and introverted demeanor had psychic powers? You'd think he was chuuni, or maybe the person telling you that was. How many times would you tell someone that Mob had psychic powers and have them not believe you and brush you off before you started doubting what you saw years ago yourself?

His family is just used to it. No big deal.
Old 2016-07-26, 01:44   Link #124
Cerilla

Good episode, the animation is always onpoint. Mob is surprisingly handsome when he let go of his emotion

Mob's VA acting on that particular scene leave some to be desired. It feels flat and lack impact. Mind that I don't ask for shouting contest, just give it a bit more emotion. Hope he will give better performance in next episode.

Quote:
Nice episode. Love how easily Mob got "bribed" with the the word "popular" and "milk".

Mob was so badass when he reached 100%. Even the upper demon class was a fodder to him. It was funny to see the masked aunt guessed 3 times about Mob's trouble and Mob is still believe her for being legit. The smile mask was creepy as hell. I thought that they were a bunch of assassins that dressed as "death" but it turned out just a cultist.

Esper power doesn't really help Mob with his social awkwardness, no matter how powerful it is.
Old 2016-07-26, 01:57   Link #125
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
He said in the episode that he always keeps his emotions in check. Would you believe it if someone told you that a person of his meek and introverted demeanor had psychic powers? You'd think he was chuuni, or maybe the person telling you that was. How many times would you tell someone that Mob had psychic powers and have them not believe you and brush you off before you started doubting what you saw years ago yourself?

His family is just used to it. No big deal.
It was clearly stated that many people knew about him being esper at middle school. You would have think those people who knew him would want to be his friends or something.

Even his crush doesn't seem impressed much with him. It is like being an esper was rather common in his world.
Old 2016-07-26, 01:58   Link #126
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerilla View Post
Mob's VA acting on that particular scene leave some to be desired. It feels flat and lack impact. Mind that I don't ask for shouting contest, just give it a bit more emotion. Hope he will give better performance in next episode.
Couldn't disagree more. Mob's VA actually sounded like he was angry and holding back his rage in that scene. We're just so inured to "rage" being shown in anime as screaming, and tossing energy balls, and loud gold auras, that it becomes hard to recognize it as it is IRL.

Quote:
It was clearly stated that many people knew about him being esper at middle school. You would have think those people who knew him would want to be his friends or something.
And that's where the Japanese setting comes in. People who are "different" or who "stand out" are to be shunned, even if that difference could make them appealing. And Mob doesn't even try to do that.
Old 2016-07-26, 03:08   Link #127
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Tsubomi and Mob are childhood friends from his flashback. She seems to be the type that chase popular guys, but she does notice him to an extent. Their distance grew through the years, so maybe just old acquaintance now.
Do you think Mob will go 100% if Tsubomi start dating another guy ?
After all , He's crazy about her so his sadness should reach 100% if he see her with another guy.

Off Course , It is a surprise that Tsubomi still doesn't have a boyfriend despite being the girl who chase after handsome popular guys.
She is one of the better design girl in the series so She should easily get a handsome guy as her boyfriend if she wanted.
I guess Mob still has a chance! Maybe , She reveal herself worthy of Mob in some sort major arc revolving her.

What do you think She meant by "Get A Clue"?
Old 2016-07-26, 03:24   Link #128
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ To read the mood and laugh along with everyone else, something that Mob couldn't do, because he personally doesn't think that way.

Quote:
It was different and repressed, with his anger seeping out like killing intent. I think that's how it should be for someone blowing off steam.

Pretty good episode, #4 seems to want to raise the bar though!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-26, 06:04   Link #129
Cerilla

Quote:
Couldn't disagree more. Mob's VA actually sounded like he was angry and holding back his rage in that scene. We're just so inured to "rage" being shown in anime as screaming, and tossing energy balls, and loud gold auras, that it becomes hard to recognize it as it is IRL.
And there is where I think the problem lies. For someone whose emotion goes "100%" and supposedly cannot be held back anymore, he sounds somewhat subdued. I do agree that anger doesn't have to be anime-style screaming, tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^ To read the mood and laugh along with everyone else, something that Mob couldn't do, because he personally doesn't think that way.

It was different and repressed, with his anger seeping out like killing intent. I think that's how it should be for someone blowing off steam.
I can see what you mean, but after rewatching it I just don't feel it. YMMV, i guess.

Quote:
Pretty good episode, #4 seems to want to raise the bar though!
I can't wait for the Body Improvement bros.
Old 2016-07-26, 19:42   Link #130
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
And there is where I think the problem lies. For someone whose emotion goes "100%" and supposedly cannot be held back anymore, he sounds somewhat subdued. I do agree that anger doesn't have to be anime-style screaming, tho.
There's the thing. It's not him "not holding back", it's him "not being able to completely suppress". He is holding back, whether he sees it that way or not, or else the entire building would have been turned into a pile of rubble sitting in a crater a mile wide.
Old 2016-07-27, 02:07   Link #131
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
So She also felt annoyed with Mob just like other kids.
That feels even more shallow.
Unless , She say it for Mob's own Good!
Old 2016-07-27, 02:32   Link #132
The One Above God
Kamijou

A bit disappointed with the "I didn't laugh.' scene since it looked more scary/badass in the manga, but the rest was awesome . VA for Mob nailed it with the change in voice pitch once he reached 100% with Rage being the primary emotion he's feeling.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-27, 04:17   Link #133
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
I can see what you mean, but after rewatching it I just don't feel it. YMMV, i guess.
I just guess ONE sensei is the kind of person who felt regularly in his life that feeling when you're in a group, someone says/does something, everyone laughs, and you're just left there with a blank stare wondering what the hell is supposed to be so funny. If you never had this happen to you you can't understand it . Usually it spans from having entirely different outlooks/experiences - for example not having enough cultural clues to get the joke, or thinking ahead so much you already took the punchline for granted and couldn't find anything surprising about it.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-27, 05:21   Link #134
Cerilla

Quote:
There's the thing. It's not him "not holding back", it's him "not being able to completely suppress". He is holding back, whether he sees it that way or not, or else the entire building would have been turned into a pile of rubble sitting in a crater a mile wide.
Thanks. That cleared up why Mob's VA is asked to act like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
I just guess ONE sensei is the kind of person who felt regularly in his life that feeling when you're in a group, someone says/does something, everyone laughs, and you're just left there with a blank stare wondering what the hell is supposed to be so funny. If you never had this happen to you you can't understand it . Usually it spans from having entirely different outlooks/experiences - for example not having enough cultural clues to get the joke, or thinking ahead so much you already took the punchline for granted and couldn't find anything surprising about it.
The reply for Kafriel is for the "blowing off steam" part of his comment. I totally get what poor Mob is feeling.
Old 2016-07-27, 06:22   Link #135
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Wow, Mob's explosion is sick as fuck. Do make him angry too emotional, I guess.

I feel bad for him, though. Mob can't freely express his feelings without making things go boom around him.
Old 2016-07-27, 09:45   Link #136
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think it's important to note that even when Mob went into rage mode, he didn't turn into some Shin Sekai Yori beast of random destruction. He focused his power exactly where he intended it to go, and there was no collateral damage.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-27, 10:44   Link #137
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I think it's important to note that even when Mob went into rage mode, he didn't turn into some Shin Sekai Yori beast of random destruction. He focused his power exactly where he intended it to go, and there was no collateral damage.
That because he went SSJ form instead of Ape form.
Old 2016-07-27, 12:07   Link #138
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 3:
All I can say is never underestimate Mob's powers nor mock his emotions after reaching his rage up to 100%!

Sucks that Dimple got bitten hard but then again, I think he's returned in the end!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-27, 19:16   Link #139
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokumonsen View Post
Wow, Mob's explosion is sick as fuck. Do make him angry too emotional, I guess.

I feel bad for him, though. Mob can't freely express his feelings without making things go boom around him.
*cue AMV of Mob's powers exploding all over the place while "Let it go" plays in the background*

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-27, 20:14   Link #140
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
*cue AMV of Mob's powers exploding all over the place while "Let it go" plays in the background*
Don't give them ideas!