AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 21 29.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 23.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 18.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 14.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 9.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-28, 10:34   Link #81
Scarletknive
Meister

Ahh they used the "nice boat" style from School Days.(Except that the boat itself is nice but too deadly...Like a car going at high speed.)

If thats the case, then why they do not put the safety line? I know it is usually at most popular beaches but no use...

Bloody water reminds me of something.
Old 2012-02-28, 12:06   Link #82
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

For all we know maybe the guy who died was actually confident of his swimming skills.

I also got the impression that he lost consciousness before the nice boat hit him. I'm not sure if other people noticed this tho.
Old 2012-02-28, 12:14   Link #83
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
Did anyone else enjoy seeing Izumi smiling and even laughing? She may be the serious one, but she's still human.
Mei Misaki may be moe and all, but I for one find Izumi Akazawa way hotter so, yes, count me among those who enjoyed seeing "normal" Izumi.

I admit I'm a shallow man; I don't find disabled people particularly attractive. Nor am I am particularly enamoured with deathly pale complexions. If I had a say in the matter, I would much rather support SS Kouichi x Izumi but, alas, the other ship has sailed. You know which one. No, not that nice boat.
Old 2012-02-28, 12:22   Link #84
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The nice boat HAS set sail though.
Old 2012-02-28, 12:56   Link #85
Robotech Master

Well, I think now I know the real reason why Izumi keeps getting appointed head of countermeasures and stuff: when in doubt, vote for the walking houglass.

Need a GIF of that closeup of her getting up from kneeling.

In any case, I enjoyed seeing her more casual banter and conversations with others. Mei showing up was kinda random, but she was cute, and the whole "octopus is going to eat me" thing was funny.

More suspicious stuff for Reiko. Clue is hidden in the classroom but not on paper....hmmm.

That guy went in a horrible way, but it looks like he was dead or unconcious before the boat hit him. Either that or maybe the broadcast version did jump cuts to edit it to make it less gruesome.
Old 2012-02-28, 13:25   Link #86
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Great epi, I had a feeling it was gonna be carsick boy, when I first saw he was coming I was like...why'd they bring him over say Megane-boy. Now I see why. BGM was excellent espc during the death scene, never went over the top. Im glad it wasnt just a simple drowning and Im glad leaving the town also has consequences.

Ready for next week!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2012-02-28, 13:54   Link #87
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Great epi, I had a feeling it was gonna be carsick boy, when I first saw he was coming I was like...why'd they bring him over say Megane-boy. Now I see why.
Actually, now that you mention it, it's been a while since Kazami (風見, the megane boy) had any significant appearances. He has always been around, just like Nakao and Sugiura (杉浦, I believe that's how megane-girl's surname is pronounced?), but only in the background. That's somewhat surprising, given how he was featured so prominently earlier in the series... hmm...

Quote:
BGM was excellent espc during the death scene, never went over the top.
I love BGM, but it does get a bit too ham-fisted at times, such as at the very moment Nakao got sliced and diced. It was a tad over-dramatic, making the death more cheesy than it needed to be. Others had similar issues in the previous episode during Kubodera's suicide.

That said, I continue to be delighted by Otani's compositions. I've never been disappointed by any of his scores for anime.
Old 2012-02-28, 14:06   Link #88
Diveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
I love BGM, but it does get a bit too ham-fisted at times, such as at the very moment Nakao got sliced and diced. It was a tad over-dramatic, making the death more cheesy than it needed to be. Others had similar issues in the previous episode during Kubodera's suicide.
At least it wasnt like Elfen Lied, with that opera woman singing in the background

Also, if you notice, when Reiko and her ex classmate were talking there was a shot of the ocean and the boat was sailing there, so def didnt come out of nowhere.
Old 2012-02-28, 14:17   Link #89
ookamigirl

Oh man... summer fun episode.
Didn't think this anime would have one..
Reiko's driving style is kinda like my own LOL
Well... it was nice watching them enjoy themselves ^^
It was nice while it lasted... which was not that long.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-02-28, 14:27   Link #90
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
My issue about that guy's death is that it could have been easily avoided like, "Oh don't worry, it's just a fucking beachball, we'll buy a new one."
Old 2012-02-28, 14:28   Link #91
Diveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
My issue about that guy's death is that it could have been easily avoided like, "Oh don't worry, it's just a fucking beachball, we'll buy a new one."
More like "we have a damn death curse upon us, why would go swin far into the ocean??"
Old 2012-02-28, 14:30   Link #92
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Yea they seem to forget that a lot.

"Yesterday I got drenched in my teacher's blood"
"Cool story bro."

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-02-28, 15:13   Link #93
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
By the megane, I mean the megane that was featured this episode and not the one who died to her umbrella. Before this episode, the guy who died seriously had more camera shots pan to him than her.
Yeah, I know you mean the one that is still alive.
Still don't recall him... Took me 10 seconds or so to find him on the class sheet. Just doesn't stand out. Nothing special at all about him (looks or role).

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2012-02-28, 15:48   Link #94
Taynis
Wonderland's hitman

Send a message via MSN to Taynis
Spoiler for For girl in the preview:
Old 2012-02-28, 16:23   Link #95
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
More like "we have a damn death curse upon us, why would go swin far into the ocean??"
That doesn't even make sense. They weren't even aware of any risks, because they were, you know, outside the phenomenon's effective reach? Being overly cautious when you are safe would mean they were genre savvy which would totally ruin the story.
Old 2012-02-28, 17:03   Link #96
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
That doesn't even make sense. They weren't even aware of any risks, because they were, you know, outside the phenomenon's effective reach? Being overly cautious when you are safe would mean they were genre savvy which would totally ruin the story.
Exactly, it was stated very early in the epi that being outside the town made you immune to the calamity (as they call it sometimes). Obviously the wind kicking up and blowing the ball that far out gave us the death flag but I agree it wouldnt have made sense for someone not to go in after it since everyone until that point assumed they were safe.

Also since Matsu stated whatever he left is now in the classroom, I wonder if he also wrote "Who is dead." on Mei's desk.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2012-02-28, 17:22   Link #97
Hakuromatsu

Quote:
Also since Matsu stated whatever he left is now in the classroom, I wonder if he also wrote "Who is dead." on Mei's desk.
Mei wrote that herself (I can't remember what episode she said that it in -- I think 6).
Old 2012-02-28, 17:23   Link #98
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taynis View Post
Spoiler for For girl in the preview:
Yar. But she's a red head. Red heads shouldn't have to die! ;_;

Quote:
I thought Mei told Kouichi that it was she who wrote that on her desk? I may be misremembering stuff, though.

Edit: Ninja'd by Haku. Oh well. :>
Old 2012-02-28, 17:48   Link #99
Qikz

Quote:
Exactly, it was stated very early in the epi that being outside the town made you immune to the calamity (as they call it sometimes). Obviously the wind kicking up and blowing the ball that far out gave us the death flag but I agree it wouldnt have made sense for someone not to go in after it since everyone until that point assumed they were safe.

It still doesn't make any sense. Like his death was just stupid. Before he even went out he saw how far out at sea it was and he saw how rough the sea was. That's dangerous even if it wasn't for the boat.
Old 2012-02-28, 18:12   Link #100
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Oh duh Mei didn't write it, thanks guys.

I don't think his death was stupid, there was build up since as with most horror movies the first distraction isn't what kills them. You think you're safe and then BOOM hit by boat. Ill take the boat over drowning cuz that too me would have been predictable. But everyone has their own opinion, Im just glad 1) someone died 2) it was outside the town.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Closed Thread

Tags
beach episode