AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 26 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 44.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 19.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.96%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-18, 14:56   Link #41
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Which isn't to be mistaken for meaning Lucky Star doesn't pile on the Ecchi fanservice every now and then (Episode 6 with the naked hot springs, Episode 7 with Konata fondling Kagami and all the jokes surrounding Konata's father being a pedophile). The way I see it, Panty Shot's are the most basic form of ecchi fanservice and Lucky Star has adopted a "Go Big or Go home" philosophy.

That being said, I think a number of shows from hear on out are going to be going beyond the simple panty shot for a more innuendo and in your face style of ecchi fanservice. We've all grown too accustomed to expecting Panty Shots and so I think writers across the board in Japan are going to flexing their creative (and dirty thinking) muscle to come up with new ideas to please the sexual appetite of viewers.
Old 2007-06-18, 16:08   Link #42
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
I think the only panty shot we'll ever see is the cheerleader intro...just a split second frame...oh well. That's KyoAni for ya.

Hoping to see more characters soon and the subs. lol Thx AFK
I've been informed by those that care about such things that the cheerleader sequence isn't a 'pantsu shot' .... they're wearing gym bloomers.

So far I think Gurren-Lagann is winning the skin and scenery awards for the season, leaving the current comedy and romances way in the dust in that sort of category.
Old 2007-06-18, 16:13   Link #43
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
So far I think Gurren-Lagann is winning the skin and scenery awards for the season, leaving the current comedy and romances way in the dust in that sort of category.
Now lets take this time, to imagine Lucky Star by Gainax --- plenty of bounce.
Old 2007-06-18, 16:19   Link #44
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I've been informed by those that care about such things that the cheerleader sequence isn't a 'pantsu shot' .... they're wearing gym bloomers.

Oh...gym bloomers...to bad. So it's like Sakura's(StreetFighter Alpha series). Well I thought I'd see some Hinata(Rival Schools) panty shots from Kona-chan this ep, but no...waiting for the subs then time to rate! XD
Old 2007-06-18, 16:40   Link #45
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Now lets take this time, to imagine Lucky Star by Gainax --- plenty of bounce.
Making Konata Bounce would be a feat worthy of Banpresto.
Old 2007-06-18, 17:03   Link #46
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Oh god...Doraemon...I feel like a kid again. I loved that show so much.
The show with the cat who has that magical pocket that can hold anything and everything, the pocket of multi-dimensions?

I have that opening theme mp3 on the computer.
Old 2007-06-18, 18:32   Link #47
archanfels

^ that's the one

Regarding the ep:

Watched the raw and won't comment on anything before sub except the Kuroi sensei part:

It's sad and it's so out of the mood, I have no idea what's the point of that. I guess they can't make her a pure fun character like Yukari sensei? Still, it feels really odd and inconsistent with the overall atomsphere. =/
Old 2007-06-18, 19:27   Link #48
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_N View Post
Found on 2chan:

Spoiler for New Characters:
just watched the raw, and they did...nothing except say hi during the ep

*AWAITS AFK SUBS!*
Old 2007-06-18, 19:57   Link #49
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanfels View Post
...It's sad and it's so out of the mood, I have no idea what's the point of that. I guess they can't make her a pure fun character like Yukari sensei? Still, it feels really odd and inconsistent with the overall atmosphere. =/
I know what you mean, but I appreciated it. It added some depth of mood, for me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-06-18, 21:08   Link #50
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
It's sad and it's so out of the mood, I have no idea what's the point of that. I guess they can't make her a pure fun character like Yukari sensei? Still, it feels really odd and inconsistent with the overall atomsphere. =/
It was actually on purpose, you know. I think the objective in those scenes was to get a laugh at poor Nanako

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-06-18, 21:17   Link #51
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_of_Hell View Post
The show with the cat who has that magical pocket that can hold anything and everything, the pocket of multi-dimensions?

I have that opening theme mp3 on the computer.
So do I... that's like the first Japanese song I've learned, and I didn't even know it was Japanese. Everyone loved Doraemon and his missing ears.

As for Lucky Star being fanservice... well, if you call discussions about pubic hair and menstral cycle fanservice, then lucky star is right there on top. I don't remember any other anime, adult or other wise, talked about these specific topic before. Poor Kona-chan, hope she gets her period soon.

That discussion about periods is also inaccurate. Any one who lived with Asian family memebers would know - if you're female family members are close as Tsukasa/Kagami, they not only know each other's period intimately but actually SYNCHRONIZE with each other so they all get it at the same time. That one piece is either written by a dude or the girls didn't like to get the secret out.
Old 2007-06-18, 21:27   Link #52
aorta

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post

As for Lucky Star being fanservice... well, if you call discussions about pubic hair and menstral cycle fanservice, then lucky star is right there on top. I don't remember any other anime, adult or other wise, talked about these specific topic before. Poor Kona-chan, hope she gets her period soon.
Only Yesterday comes to mind.
Old 2007-06-18, 21:31   Link #53
bayoab

Quote:
As for Lucky Star being fanservice... well, if you call discussions about pubic hair and menstral cycle fanservice, then lucky star is right there on top. I don't remember any other anime, adult or other wise, talked about these specific topic before.
Girl's High has tons of stuff on these topics.
Quote:
That discussion about periods is also inaccurate. Any one who lived with Asian family memebers would know - if you're female family members are close as Tsukasa/Kagami, they not only know each other's period intimately but actually SYNCHRONIZE with each other so they all get it at the same time. That one piece is either written by a dude or the girls didn't like to get the secret out.
Firstly, the entire script for that episode was written by a woman.
Secondly, you are really oversimplifying things and it is perfectly plausible.
Old 2007-06-18, 21:55   Link #54
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Quote:
That's over generalization. It varies from family to family.
Old 2007-06-18, 21:59   Link #55
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
That's over generalization. It varies from family to family.
Haha, funny how serious people take these comments. Relax, It's just true for everyone I know that is all. Should have added a smiley at the end. and I did say qualify by saying "close".
Old 2007-06-18, 22:00   Link #56
archanfels

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
It was actually on purpose, you know. I think the objective in those scenes was to get a laugh at poor Nanako
The way it was set up, If it was meant to be funny and laughed at, the execution cannot be worse. (There are only like Billions of ways they could have made the scene comical)

Plus I highly doubt kyoani is promoting the idea of laughing at 27 year old singles' misery of having to spend their X'mas eve alone. This is totally different from Kona being an otaku.
Old 2007-06-18, 22:21   Link #57
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There's also some assumption here that Konata isn't "ready for play" that is incorrect.
It is being based off of Kagami's hyperbolic speculation in an embarrassed moment -- since Konata is 17, Kagami is just blowing mental smoke...

And the synchronization *trend* is noted for all races.. not just asian and not just family members but anyone in long term close proximity. Though it is a statistical *trend*, not a given.

As far as the seriousness in this episode:
Lucky*Star has some very serious moments amongst the comedy -- it makes the comedy more dear because you know there's some poignancy underneath:
1) Kagami wanting to fit in and not making friends easily
2) Konata not ever quite understanding her ADD nature of impulsiveness and inability to track on schoolwork while hyperfocusing on videogames.
3) Nanako really not having anyone despite being a really wonderful and playful person.
4) Miyuki's long list of little fails underneath her "miss perfect" persona.
5) Tsukasa's fragile self-esteem and over-dependence on her sister

6) etc etc etc

These foibles make the funny more human and more directly hits the target.

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-06-18 at 22:33.
Old 2007-06-18, 22:26   Link #58
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanfels View Post
^ that's the one

Regarding the ep:

Watched the raw and won't comment on anything before sub except the Kuroi sensei part:

Well, that's the thing; the teacher is actually not as much a gag character as the others, because she does have her own worries that are not associated with the younger characters. The fact that she is unattached was part of her character profile...

And are you sure Yukari sensei is purely fun? I guess it seems so because she has her best friend Nyamo to hang out with, while Kuroi is much more lonely and spends her time on MMORPGs. I will need subs to confirm, but it seems Kuroi really is similar to Kagami; they are lonely people. Even when Kuroi had the police-lady around she still doesn't know how to act.
Old 2007-06-18, 22:58   Link #59
archanfels

Again, the key here is execution:

Take Vexx's list, I wouldn't call those seriousness but rather more realistic characteristics that can make the audience relate to the characters. When executed properly, they became running gags and/or moe factors that people appreciate.

However, the scene in 11 is poorly done in this regard. Instead of leaving kuroi's loneliness the little gag as it is, they made a big deal out of it and the mood was all pathetic.

Again, I don't mind the "seriousness", it's the way they executed it bothers me. It'd be like actually showing Kona mourns her mother (which I'm sure she does at some point), which doesn't necessarily add any "depth" and would be totally uncalled for.
Old 2007-06-18, 23:33   Link #60
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Well, I for one, wanted to hug Kuroi-sensei...

Anyway, could some explain to me:
Spoiler for this guy:
Closed Thread