AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sora Kake

Notices

View Poll Results: Sora Kake - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 4 30.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 15.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 15.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 7.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 7.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-08, 02:03   Link #1
4Tran

Sora Kake - Episode 23 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Sora Kake, Episode 23.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-06-08, 12:03   Link #2
panpo98
Disabled By Request

Can someone explain the last scene before the end credit. You will understand then you see it why I'm confused.
Old 2009-06-08, 12:12   Link #3
Miles Teg

The explanation for the scene is : Nobody dies in Sora Kake
Old 2009-06-08, 15:07   Link #4
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The episode can be divided into 2 parts:
Akiha's depression
Everything else

Akiha's depression wasn't that great... It might have been a good scene if Imo-chan didn't die for the sake of just dying by the hands of some characters created just to kill her.
Also... The movements of the box people were odd... Sometimes too fast, sometimes too slow... When they shouldn't have already reached her, they do. When they should have reached her, they are nowhere to be seen.
And what happened to the box hikikomori syndrome? Akiha's friends seem pretty lively now.

Everything else... was just rushed. From start to end.
And... just when did Nami awaken to this anti-QT or something? When she got hit by Takane and released that wave? Why did she awaken then? Does she have some bizarre fetish for being hit by giant robots after striking down a robot herself?

And the end...
Imo-chan's alive.
Hahahahahahaahahahaahahahahahahahahaha

Preview: ...Does it really even matter now...?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-06-08, 15:10   Link #5
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
And what happened to the box hikikomori syndrome? Akiha's friends seem pretty lively now.
It's the QT-Rose power amplified by the Crown of Proxima (need to rewatch to be sure).
Old 2009-06-08, 15:18   Link #6
Wargumm1i
Hentai

OKei I see Imo is alive, why? she is a robot and her death would have bin the trigger for Akiha´s growth not only in strenght but in maturity as well. I guess Sunrise created Sora Kake girl for the reason too draw younger kids as well.
Old 2009-06-08, 15:19   Link #7
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
The episode can be divided into 2 parts:
Akiha's depression
Everything else

Akiha's depression wasn't that great... It might have been a good scene if Imo-chan didn't die for the sake of just dying by the hands of some characters created just to kill her.
Also... The movements of the box people were odd... Sometimes too fast, sometimes too slow... When they shouldn't have already reached her, they do. When they should have reached her, they are nowhere to be seen.

Everything else... was just rushed. From start to end.
And... just when did Nami awaken to this anti-QT or something? When she got hit by Takane and released that wave? Why did she awaken then? Does she have some bizarre fetish for being hit by giant robots after striking down a robot herself?

And the end...
Imo-chan's alive.
Hahahahahahaahahahaahahahahahahahahaha

Preview: ...Does it really even matter now...?
You know what, I don't believe a thing you are saying about these episodes anymore. As I've been watching these subs that just recently came to my attenion I've noticed that you have been totally misrepresenting what is going on in this show through your own negative viewpoint and that you also don't really know what's going on without subs. Show actually IS still fun and it's you and Tom Bombadil that forgot how to have some.

People need to stop whining already and just enjoy what is a really fun and quirky show that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Spoiler for episode:
Old 2009-06-08, 15:25   Link #8
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I've noticed that you have been totally misrepresenting what is going on in this show through your own negative viewpoint and that you also don't really know what's going on without subs.

People need to stop whining already.
Is that so? Feel free to correct me. Now then, do so.
I do hope you do not attempt to correct parts that are my opinion though (Like, "it wasn't that great"). Surely you wouldn't say my "opinion" is wrong.

Right. Now then, everyone~ If you have something negative to say, follow this person's plead and don't even bother posting. Right to express one's own opinion? Nope. You come here to talk good about this show or get out.
......( ´,_ゝ`) So it seems.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-06-08, 15:26   Link #9
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Not to be a bitch or anything, but isn't that what people in the K-On subforum has been telling you, Kaioshin Sama, for quite a while, as well?

I find it amusing that it's okay to criticize one show and not okay to do so for another. No big deal.

I still enjoy both, by the way (this one, whenever the subs come out).

Old 2009-06-08, 15:47   Link #10
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Is that so? Feel free to correct me. Now then, do so.
I do hope you do not attempt to correct parts that are my opinion though (Like, "it wasn't that great"). Surely you wouldn't say my "opinion" is wrong.

Right. Now then, everyone~ If you have something negative to say, follow this person's plead and don't even bother posting. Right to express one's own opinion? Nope. You come here to talk good about this show or get out.
......( ´,_ゝ`) So it seems.
Well see, I actually prefer to wait until the subs come out so that I'll know for sure what is going on before reviewing an episode.
Old 2009-06-08, 18:22   Link #11
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Wow, I feel like a prophet now

Quote:
Of course, it'll only really be like a ~hime series if all of the dead people pop back up at the end and wave to the camera.
... yep. Just like a ~hime series.
Old 2009-06-08, 19:26   Link #12
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Well see, I actually prefer to wait until the subs come out so that I'll know for sure what is going on before reviewing an episode.
Not that I am saying that the sub is wrong, but as a "what if", what if it was? I'm sure you really will "know" what is going on, huh? I wonder if you get what I am trying to say.
Now then, I just want to state that I do know what is going on and reviewed it. Care to believe me? No? Great. It is already obvious that you intend on standing 100% on the anime's side, no matter what happens, and finds any criticism as "wrong". From experience, I know that people that won't even hear out someone's opinion can't be reasoned with...
Example, example...
Quote:
Glad to hear the potato isn't dead. Though people REALLY need to stop whining every time a character turns up alive in one of these shows.
So you are glad. Some others are not. So why can't they complain? It would be a different story if a person made the same post over the resurrection over and over again, but if they don't like it, they can say it. So what if some OTHER people had said they didn't like the resurrection in some DIFFERENT anime thread? Quit whining over people who have different thoughts than you.

Quote:
People need to stop whining already and just enjoy what is a really fun and quirky show that doesn't take itself too seriously.
You can think that way (that apparently, this is a show that can't be taken seriously, so anything stupid that happens needs to be ignored or thought lightly of). I don't have too. But don't go around acting as if your view of the anime is right and that people who criticize it apparently have some "misinterpretation" of what is going on. I think everyone has the right to interpret things the way they want, no?

And what is with the obvious ignoring of the other part of my post and BetoJr's...? I'd like to see your reason why it is okay to criticize one show and not another.

--

EDIT: More than that, it is already funny that you are trying to defend this episode's contents without even watching it...

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2009-06-08 at 20:05.
Old 2009-06-08, 19:39   Link #13
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Not to be a bitch or anything, but isn't that what people in the K-On subforum has been telling you, Kaioshin Sama, for quite a while, as well?

I find it amusing that it's okay to criticize one show and not okay to do so for another. No big deal.

I still enjoy both, by the way (this one, whenever the subs come out).
I never understood people that keep watching a show that they dislike just so they can complain about how bad the show is.
Old 2009-06-08, 19:52   Link #14
Tom Bombadil

Haha. Nobody, absolutely nobody dies in this show.
So far we have:
  • Isuki, shot by Nina. ---> No, it was staged.
  • Member of student council, body pierced through by a giant blade(?), --->(1 sec) Opps, he is just a Navi.
  • The elders, killed by Kagura ----> Kagura kissed them goodbye?
  • Tsusugi, died in the atmosphere of the sun ---> No, she is alive and kicking(literally).
  • Imo-chan, gloriously sacrificed herself in the collision with an anti-matter bomb. -----> Akiha cries --> Akiha cries some more ---> Akiha keeps crying --->Ok, oK, here is your Imo-chan! Now stop crying! ---> Imo-chan, yeah!!! Happy tears.
Old 2009-06-08, 22:22   Link #15
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I never understood people that keep watching a show that they dislike just so they can complain about how bad the show is.
For that answer, one may suggest the Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu thread, perhaps? There were several pages on "criticism".

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2009-06-08 at 22:33.
Old 2009-06-08, 23:37   Link #16
Sixth
Hu Tao

It would be more appreciated if there is a detailed summary in this thread.
Old 2009-06-09, 02:23   Link #17
faervas

It's driving me crazy how worthless Akiha is as a hero. She is just a victim. It would be ok if she didn't just go long. Even when she does something for herself she screws that up and someone else has to save her. I mean her only real power is she can pull trigger on BFG? What does she really do Begs Cries Whines and pulls a trigger.

Yes this is a complaint. I have enjoyed all the other characters in the show. This is the first, the lead in a show was the least interesting character. Not only that the one who makes the show worst.

The problem with the no one dying so many times, makes the next time someone dies have minimal to no impact. In fact expecting that Imo-chan is going to show up alive makes Akiha's depression more annoying. Their is quirky and there is overreach. This who overreaches too much. I bet someone could edit the show into a 13 episodes removing as much about Akiha as possible and it would be a better show.
Old 2009-06-09, 04:20   Link #18
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

I find it hilarious that while Itsuki and Honoka were discreetly slipped upgraded mechs this episode, Buu and Min were the ones kicking ass (-in the jobber units they've had since the start of the series no less!)
Old 2009-06-09, 11:20   Link #19
owq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
The explanation for the scene is : Nobody dies in Sun Rise
Sorry, but I fixed that for you.

It's weird that people won't die after getting hit by an ANTI-MATTER bomb.

But don't think too much about that scene yet. Maybe it's just another Lyle Dylandy. Maybe Nerval resurrected her so that she can manipulate Akiha. Or something. I'm thinking too far. LOL
Old 2009-06-09, 11:58   Link #20
Sixth
Hu Tao

What happened to Leopard mirror before he attached himself to the new sword?

and it seem in the next preview,why is there another Leopard with blue eye and red eye? what the heck?

and is Leopardist really that weak? They almost got defeated by Existence's combo tricks...

The part that got me interested is about Nerval and Kazane's conversation about Akiha...what's so special about her? Why is Nerval want to retrieve Akiha so badly?

About Akiha, how is she going to prove to us that she is a real deal within 3 episode? I bet, she going to cry straight till to end.
Closed Thread