AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2010-07-06, 13:15   Link #41
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yeah, I remembered that, but as Shiroth said, she didn't have a lot of opportunities to display her strength in the TV series. Also, I didn't remember her being that... big.
I think her character changed the most for the TV series. Her design was changed and she was made a lot more docile. I really have to watch this, agh.
Old 2010-07-06, 13:24   Link #42
Nijuu
Please don't hate me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I actually thought the series disappointed on that.

Its slice of life episodes were some of the best I've seen; I was particularly impressed by the realistically overlapping conversations and the musical episode which was just one big bundle of fun. The action, angst, drama -- more or less the entire second half the series -- just annoyed me.
I agree with you. At first, I was expecting something different, but then it just faded away (But in my opinion, the musical 'fillers' did that in an instant).
I was counting on OVA to bring back drama. I thought it could be better in the original series.

That's why I got disappointed with the humor setting again with this OVA.

But it's not that bad. It's still nice to watch them together again.
Nijuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 14:42   Link #43
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

It's hard to introduce drama when you have limited time. It's easier to do a more light-hearted and comedic story.
Old 2010-07-06, 17:14   Link #44
Dop
Mmmm....

That was great fun, and reminded me of how I really really MUST dig the series out of my archive and watch it again.

I loved Lin's "accessories", and Yamie lying on the sun-lounger still in her black clothes.

If only there was going to be a second series...
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 17:34   Link #45
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

There was something of with the guys lips.
Also the little girl seemed to lose a lot of her cuteness. Did she get older?
Old 2010-07-06, 17:37   Link #46
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast_within View Post
There was something of with the guys lips.
Also the little girl seemed to lose a lot of her cuteness. Did she get older?
Nope they're all the same age, it's just different character designs. They resemble the designs from the manga more so then the first TV series.
Old 2010-07-06, 18:10   Link #47
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijuu View Post
I agree with you. At first, I was expecting something different, but then it just faded away (But in my opinion, the musical 'fillers' did that in an instant).
I was counting on OVA to bring back drama. I thought it could be better in the original series.

That's why I got disappointed with the humor setting again with this OVA.

But it's not that bad. It's still nice to watch them together again.
I want to agree with you on this, I really do, but I personally find this a nice pace outside the brutality in the series. Just bringing Lin back in this setting is already quite traumatic because of what happened between her, Kirihiko, and Frank, which is still one of the most "wtf did that really just happen"-esque moment in the series. I had always wished there are side stories just to relieve tensions that go on in the series, and this OVA is perfect for that. Only regretful part is that this is completely not canon, and I'm always stuck with a "whatever happened here is a dream and is fake" feeling with these kind of scenarios.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 19:24   Link #48
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Then you would like this OVA. There's not much time to tell a proper story so they chose to give 3 short stories that are pretty standalone, save for the first one which has potential to be continued in the next OVA. EDIT: screw potential, just had a look at the site, it will be the focus of the next OVA. I'm even more excited now.
That's great then. Thanks.

Will probably edit this post with impressions later.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 20:00   Link #49
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Nope they're all the same age, it's just different character designs. They resemble the designs from the manga more so then the first TV series.
That is really too bad. I haven't seen the show for a long time and even than it felt off for me.
They need to decrease the bust size of childhood love, make murasaki cuter and her future husband needs to grow a normal mouth.
Old 2010-07-06, 20:33   Link #50
Nijuu
Please don't hate me

Well, I can’t blame the show. You guys are right. It couldn’t be drama, since it wouldn’t work in 20 minutes. I kinda thank them for that now.

I miss Murasaki's voice. She was obviously inexperienced, but it was nice to hear.

But I really can’t see a reason why they made this OVA if there’s nothing new or canon. Graphics and voices won’t make me feel better. We had enough slice of life. It’s nice to see the group together, but if it never happened, there’s no reason to spend money on that. I could buy a image book or something.

If that’s just an audience test, then, ok. Bring my remake if your OVA is well ranked!
Old 2010-07-06, 20:41   Link #51
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Wait wait how hard can it be to get the same voice actor? I think i heard the little girls voice in a couple of anime's.

Eh maybe in toradora nonono it was vampire bund. She even used the same voice in some scenes. I mean i don't eve know voice acting and stuff but this i know. And they don't use the same one?
Old 2010-07-06, 21:24   Link #52
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Finally watched it....it was awesome. The bouncing was a little too much, but Yuuno's bikini was awesome none the less.

Shinkurou has a great harem indeed.

And I am pretty sure all of this happened in the manga, I am unsure of the novels though.
Old 2010-07-06, 21:38   Link #53
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Finally watched it....it was awesome. The bouncing was a little too much, but Yuuno's bikini was awesome none the less.

Shinkurou has a great harem indeed.

And I am pretty sure all of this happened in the manga, I am unsure of the novels though.
None of these happened in the novel, and I have never read the manga. I couldn't even imagine a scene like this in the novel (Shinkurou doesn't really get to catch a break), maybe I should read the manga, seems less depressing.
Old 2010-07-06, 21:41   Link #54
Nijuu
Please don't hate me

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
None of these happened in the novel, and I have never read the manga. I couldn't even imagine a scene like this in the novel (Shinkurou doesn't really get to catch a break), maybe I should read the manga, seems less depressing.
And maybe I should just read the novel and drop everything else.
Thank you.
Old 2010-07-06, 22:09   Link #55
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Well, it has it's laughs as you can see from this OVA.

Quote:
Thank you.
I wish I could read the novel, lol.
Old 2010-07-06, 22:13   Link #56
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Wait wait how hard can it be to get the same voice actor? I think i heard the little girls voice in a couple of anime's.
Since Kaoru Chujo seems busy at the moment....

The actress is Yuuki Aoi, and she also voiced Mina Tepes in Vampire Bund. Though just eighteen, she's already had a substantial career both as a voice actress and on live-action television.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I remember the original TV Yuuno as amply endowed (with Ginko no slouch either), but that version had little obvious fanservice of the "Gainax bounce" variety.

The character I missed most was Benika. In the OVA world it looks like Ginko's little endeavor now generates enough business that Shinkarou no longer needs to work for his former patron. Benika added a nice touch of menace despite her warm feelings for people she loved and trusted like Shinkarou and Yayoi.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 23:09   Link #57
Ansalem
Speaker

Nice to see the Kurenai characters again. The manga-inspired character designs were interesting. I think I may even like them better than the TV show designs. As others have said, not a ton of substance, but a fun enough watch anyway.

Quote:

Eh maybe in toradora nonono it was vampire bund. She even used the same voice in some scenes. I mean i don't eve know voice acting and stuff but this i know. And they don't use the same one?
The VA for Murasaki is Yuuki Aoi in both the TV show and the OVA. I think you're saying it was a different voice actress for her, in which case you're mistaken.
Old 2010-07-07, 01:16   Link #58
Kunagisa

Quote:
Thank you.
I wouldn't necessary go that far.

I probably would try the manga given I'm a huge fan of the artist, I wonder why I never got around to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
The character I missed most was Benika.
Me too!!! Though I don't want to see her though, she is built to be such an awesome character and her appearances are rather unique that I don't want her to appear too often .

On a side note, every time I post in this topic I want to complain about the original Kure-nai (and the stupid English wiki entry cause of it) so I end up deleting 50% of my original post .
Old 2010-07-07, 02:08   Link #59
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I think Murasaki's voice did sound a bit different than I remember. Maybe even more forceful? Perhaps Yuuki Aoi's voice has grown stronger, and her technique more assured, between the ages of 15-16 and 18.

Actually, I was disappointed not to hear more of her in the OVA -- or at least to hear her in more different situations. But there were a lot of characters to hear from, so I understand.

By the way, thanks for carrying the ball, SeijiSensei.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 03:16   Link #60
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Can anyone tell me how long the OVA is?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen