AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-06-04, 04:05   Link #2081
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Also hope she has good health from now on
Also hope that she doesn't injure her wrist again while she's sick
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 12:21   Link #2082
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

...and also hope that her drawings won't get affected too much after she's healthy again. One of my acquaintance keep saying that her drawings keeps getting worsen after her long hiatus

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 19:33   Link #2083
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I seriously hoped that this hiatus does not jeopardize the manga to go into a permanent cancellation. There's simply no way to conclude it right now, since the story has reached a poignant, critical turn.

I do not wish to see it rushed out of the sudden for a speedy end; Hoshino-sensei bid and took her to time at properly fleshing the characters along with the plot in the way. It's just good, though the flow of the battle scenes could need some drastic improvement.

Anyways, to kill off boredom until the manga resumes again, and hopefully on next month, I opened a thread for discussion to one of Hoshino-sensei's previously published one-shots: ZONE.

That is the prequel or more like the predecessor to D.Gray-man.

The thread can be found here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...08#post3642008
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 19:53   Link #2084
GDB

I don't see why they'd cancel it. It's one of their top series, and they sure haven't cancelled HunterxHunter yet which I believe has had much longer hiatuses.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 18:37   Link #2085
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't see why they'd cancel it. It's one of their top series, and they sure haven't cancelled HunterxHunter yet which I believe has had much longer hiatuses.
And I give reason based on the following:

The results for Oricon chart rankings 1 to 10 from May 30th to June 5th put that the 22nd volume for D.Gray-man sold 210,793 copies.

Spoiler for Results:
Old 2011-06-09, 18:57   Link #2086
GDB

So because it was the 4th strongest series that week, selling about 40% of the numbers that the behemoth that is Naruto did, and more than twice the number of the next Jump Square book on the list, it's on the chopping block? Please.
Old 2011-06-09, 19:11   Link #2087
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

No way it getting canceled
Old 2011-07-01, 13:55   Link #2088
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Jeez, does anyone realized that chapter 206 has come about.

Weird, this chapter is billed as extra story chapter 206.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-07-01, 14:42   Link #2089
Casshern

What an amazing chapter. The original D.Grayman is still in there, she hasn't lost it.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 16:55   Link #2090
Mars Mode

I liked this chapter it gives that air that atracted from D.Gray-man at the beggining of the Manga.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 17:12   Link #2091
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
What an amazing chapter. The original D.Grayman is still in there, she hasn't lost it.
Exactly how i felt. The writing in this chapter was easily up there with some of the best moments back when the series was weekly. Top notch writing, especially the speech at the end.

Plus these days, D.Gray-man looks so much better when there's no action.
Old 2011-07-01, 17:18   Link #2092
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Jeez, does anyone realized that chapter 206 has come about.
Well, it wasn't due to be out until July 4th in Japan, so I doubt anyone was really expecting to see it this early. That being said, how the hell did you remember those characters were in the anime? That's some good memory you got there (except it was 29 and 30, not 28 and 29 )

Anyway, I enjoyed the chapter. Good to see some more backstory for Cross and Allen.
Old 2011-07-01, 20:54   Link #2093
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

tell me... who is the mother and what is her connection with Mana??? Mana's wife???? Marian's wife??? Marian's mother???

my friend told me that this is only an extra chapter... but this actually have some deep meaning
I love this chapter and now I have some clues about how Allen will continue his life...

the previous and this chapter really rose up DGrayman's reputation.... finally.. we enter the climax...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 23:43   Link #2094
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
PLEASE, NO SPOILERS!!!

I watched all of the anime a while back and after the horrible boring filler(after Tiki 'killed' Allen i think), it started getting really good. So I watched it all the way till the end, after Lenalee got her new boots and teamed up with Allen. Now I've never read the manga, but I was curious as to whether I should start reading the manga now, or wait for a possibility of a new season. If not, what chapter should I start on(preferably the chapter after the Ark arc(har har) to refresh my memory).
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 00:41   Link #2095
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Exactly how i felt. The writing in this chapter was easily up there with some of the best moments back when the series was weekly. Top notch writing, especially the speech at the end.

HAHA true that~, Naruto w/o action = boredom and same applies for bleach.

I was big fan of both at their beginning, but now I just scroll through it and await my other series

If I remember correctly, the author for this manga is sick?
Old 2011-07-02, 02:20   Link #2096
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

If there's one thing about D.Gray-Man, it's that it's never forgotten the atmosphere of its storytelling and setting.

Sure, it often got convoluted, and at times, too melodramatic for its own good ( Kanda arc and the middle of the Ark arc, anybody? ), but it's never lost its identity.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 02:59   Link #2097
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

I couldn't agree more. This chapter was really refreshing, it reminded why I came to like D-Gray-man in the first place (something I started to forgot those past few years).

The action has never been DGM's strongest point, quite the contrary in fact. The battles are so messy they're a chore to follow.
Old 2011-07-02, 03:49   Link #2098
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I'm still waiting to know what happens to our dear Father and General.

Spoiler for chapter:

Still, this chapter goes a long way in explaining Cross's behaviour, and at least someone else knew the secret. I'll be waiting. Once again, DGM has proven itself better than Claymore. Darn !@#$%.

Re-read 205. Tough words from Allen. Trusted by neither "Heaven" nor "Hell", and you stll wish to walk on? Tough words, Mr. Walker.
Old 2011-07-02, 04:17   Link #2099
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Short, but like everybody else still here, this is the D.Gray-man that hooked me in the first place

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I'm still waiting to know what happens to our dear Father and General.

Spoiler for chapter:

New characters ? Well I can't blame you since it's been a LONG time since the Anime ended, but both Mother and... 'Baldy' had been introduced a long time ago.

(They were originally from the Light Novel side story, but how many people got their hands on that ?)

If you recalled there was a filler episode where Allen 'brought home' Lenalee- Which made... 'Baldy' yell out those faithful words:
Quote:
"ALLEN BROUGHT HOME A WIFEEE !!!!"
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 06:22   Link #2100
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Anyone graceful enough to tell me all the anime episodes where Mother and Baldy appeared? I need to sink them in.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, manga, shounen, steampunk, supernatural