AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-02-09, 05:59   Link #1081
malason13
Forsaken

Thanks for the spoilers. Never more "demons" will come out from there hiding holes. Looks like Tigre will have a lot of enemies and allies.

The Beloved Occult Research Club

malason13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 07:56   Link #1082
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I hope there will be vampires, werewolves and other creatures from Slavic myths coming out next!
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 08:13   Link #1083
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I hope there will be vampires, werewolves and other creatures from Slavic myths coming out next!
i disagree. for me it will spoil everything :lol
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 08:50   Link #1084
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
i disagree. for me it will spoil everything :lol
But... those creatures are originally from Slavic myths, like Drakavac and Vodjanoy. The only Slavic myth based series I know of is The Witcher from Polish writer. Most of vampires and werewolves are all mainstreamed and differ from the original folktales too much.

Slavic dragon is called Zmey btw.

Here are some notable creatures I want to see in this LN:

Vampire or vampir

Drekavac

Vodjanoy

Vila

Baba Yaga

Firebird

Rusalka

Koschei

Koschei and Baba Yaga are also very famous. They're antagonists in some arcs of Hell Boy.

I just had a feeling that Ganelon is Koschei in disguised. But it's just my random guess. Most characters from Brune are from French historical Epic "Song of Roland" though. Especially the Song of Roland mentioned in the story... with Ganelon as the antagonist.

I'm kind of fed up with the stereotypes like those from British, Greek, Norse and Japanese. The creatures from those myths are too mainstreamed imo. But not many know about beings from Chinese, Indian and Slavic myths. I bet everyone here probably believes that Gandalf from LotR is solely originated from Merlin, not some protagonist of Finnish epic "Kalevala", Vainämöinen (very difficult name imo), the poor guy who was born when he's already 730 and surpassed average wizards from Japan by 700 years.

Last edited by Kleeyook; 2013-02-09 at 09:22.
Old 2013-02-10, 02:59   Link #1085
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
too much of the suppernatural will ruin the quality of it
Old 2013-02-10, 03:09   Link #1086
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight iust View Post
agreed, main thing keeps me on is action,tactics,plot twist,romance
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 03:10   Link #1087
n0m@n
C-Z

By the way, Yoshi☆Wo is healthy again. It seems like he will be doing illustrations from volume 7 and they released the part of volume 7 cover.
You can read the post and see the image here.
http://blog.mediafactory.co.jp/mfbunkoj/?p=13858
With that we have all 7 Vanadis appear on the cover.
Now Tigre's polygamy will be put into reality

Though one of the biggest twist in Madan I want to see is one of the Vanadise(one of the ones who isnt close to Tigre) die, and be replaced by someone else. Sometimes death is crucial to make a story even better.
Old 2013-02-10, 04:24   Link #1088
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
But the whole LN is centered around supernatural...

Gods and dragons might play a bigger role later in the LN, are you fine with that if you can't accept things like minor exotic creatures?
Old 2013-02-10, 07:12   Link #1089
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

All right. Almost all of the actors have assembled; although I'm not sure how will the meeting of Tigre and the last Vanadis will be.

But at the very least, it could be political meeting or they met by chance during the journey. She knows the name of Tigre but I think she know the appearance or not is the question. I guess she knows the face.

I wonder who will be the anime voice actors if this will be come an anime:

Spoiler for The Casts:

Well, keep in mind guys, these casts are just my preference base from the LN characters personalities.

It looks great to have this as Anime in the future.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 07:21   Link #1090
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

So the existence of supernatural weapons born from myths is plausible, but the existence of creatures who are part of the same myths in-universe is just crossing the line?

Ahahahaha. Sometimes I wonder if people really have read the actual work, instead of just glancing at the illustrations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
By the way, Yoshi☆Wo is healthy again. It seems like he will be doing illustrations from volume 7 and they released the part of volume 7 cover.
You can read the post and see the image here.
http://blog.mediafactory.co.jp/mfbunkoj/?p=13858
With that we have all 7 Vanadis appear on the cover.
Now Tigre's polygamy will be put into reality

Though one of the biggest twist in Madan I want to see is one of the Vanadise(one of the ones who isnt close to Tigre) die, and be replaced by someone else. Sometimes death is crucial to make a story even better.
Finally, all seven on the covers. Elizaveta as last, lol.

I'm not so sure about characters dying, though. Even if a Vanadis replacement were to come along, it does take a while to train a Vanadis until she's combat-capable with her Viralt, not to mention the need to familiarize with her territory.
Old 2013-02-10, 16:02   Link #1091
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
So the existence of supernatural weapons born from myths is plausible, but the existence of creatures who are part of the same myths in-universe is just crossing the line?

Ahahahaha. Sometimes I wonder if people really have read the actual work, instead of just glancing at the illustrations.

Finally, all seven on the covers. Elizaveta as last, lol.

I'm not so sure about characters dying, though. Even if a Vanadis replacement were to come along, it does take a while to train a Vanadis until she's combat-capable with her Viralt, not to mention the need to familiarize with her territory.
Ya death would be going too far for them, maybe severely injured so Tigre goes serious mode again? XD

Oh and not sure if this was answered yet but, is Tigre going by an alias like a secret envoy, or does everyone know who he is, Olga included?
Old 2013-02-10, 16:23   Link #1092
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
But the whole LN is centered around supernatural...

Gods and dragons might play a bigger role later in the LN, are you fine with that if you can't accept things like minor exotic creatures?
but once in a while im ok with a m.e.c appering
but under normal circumstances it was dragons vs vanadis ...... and tigre, lim, and everyone else vs enemy army
if u add too many supers in it will turn into something where a enemy can solo tigres entire army untill a conviniont powerup happens
Old 2013-02-10, 16:31   Link #1093
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
but under normal circumstances it was dragons vs vanadis ...... and tigre, lim, and everyone else vs enemy army
if u add too many supers in it will turn into something where a enemy can solo tigres entire army untill a conviniont powerup happens
You're missing the big picture here. This series has hints of a much greater force at work.

Tigre's bow, Durandan, Viralts

The war between gods and dragons

WTF is Ganelon?

The being that lent its power to Elizaveta

etc.

You're being ignorant or hypocritical about things you didn't care to mention.
Old 2013-02-10, 17:59   Link #1094
azziz

Quote:
You're missing the big picture here. This series has hints of a much greater force at work.

WTF is Ganelon?

etc.

i 100% agree with you,there's can't be too much fantasy in a fantasy novel,in fact,i had hoped a new artifact would be introduced in asvarre.
something given to the founding empereress valatina admire,for instance,like with durandal.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 22:51   Link #1095
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
I love it how you people are coming out with asspulls that are completely irrelevant considering the author's writing style. Stop trying to apply some hardcore shounen logic to a series that doesn't subscribe to it. I really doubt you've read the series considering what you're saying.

Quote:

WTF is Ganelon?

etc.

Not to mention the existence of dragons, or Viralts having titles that refer to them slaying/exterminating/banishing evil forces ever since Volume 1.
Old 2013-02-12, 20:29   Link #1096
noobarta

Quote:
I love it how you people are coming out with asspulls that are completely irrelevant considering the author's writing style. Stop trying to apply some hardcore shounen logic to a series that doesn't subscribe to it. I really doubt you've read the series considering what you're saying.

Not to mention the existence of dragons, or Viralts having titles that refer to them slaying/exterminating/banishing evil forces ever since Volume 1.
Ya was really curious about all those titles for the Viralts to, btw do we know the latest name for Olga's weapon?
Old 2013-02-12, 20:56   Link #1097
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:

Yeah, Madan no Ou has more serious touch to its story then other average LN.
The author's other work, Thousand Aegis, has more of a shounen's touch to it(Im actually starting like this more than Madan lately).
Old 2013-02-12, 23:27   Link #1098
noobarta

Quote:
The author's other work, Thousand Aegis, has more of a shounen's touch to it(Im actually starting like this more than Madan lately).
Eh, he had another work? O_o didn't see anything on mangaupdates, but then again...it's more user updated then official. Do you have a link to any english translations/spoilers for it? Definitely interested in it if it's by the same author, so long as there's some kinda romance included in there to
Old 2013-02-12, 23:35   Link #1099
azziz

Quote:
i wish someone would create a thread for it so we could knew what is it talking about.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 00:14   Link #1100
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Yeah, Thousand and Aegis is the one with slightly more shounen feel than Madan no Ou. It doesn't subscribe to too much shounen, just enough, and it's also more TRPGish than Madan no Ou, which is why I like it as well. I'm just glad that I've gotten to familiarize myself with the author's writing style, so his syntax and use of obscure kanjis don't throw me off that much anymore when reading either Vanadis or Thousand.

Up to what Volume of Thousand and Aegis have you read so far, out of curiosity? Volume 9 seems like it's finally the start of the Maou battle.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2013-02-13 at 00:27.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)