AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 57 36.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 35.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 31 19.87%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.56%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-13, 03:51   Link #21
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
@Ascaloth: I have been hitting back. The go play Clannad jab, the "your bored so find something to do post" a couple days ago.
Those were hitbacks? Sorry, I didn't realize. They flew right over my head.

Well, at least that means you have a good reason to continue following Lucky Star. Konata and Kagami can teach you a few valuable lessons in snark.
Old 2007-05-13, 08:23   Link #22
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Okay...I'll put this back on topic with unnecessary nagging.

Does anyone know why the next episode is scheduled to air on Tuesday instead of today?
Old 2007-05-13, 09:07   Link #23
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Okay...I'll put this back on topic with unnecessary nagging.

Does anyone know why the next episode is scheduled to air on Tuesday instead of today?
It isn't. I have no idea where you got this wrong information. All the japanese sites show midnight as the first airing as always.
Old 2007-05-13, 10:20   Link #24
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost

A not so smooth drive

=D

"I just discovered another facet of Kagamin's charm."

There are more, of course.

EDIT:

New character, Miyuki's mom.

EDIT 2:

This episode's ED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqa0YMA4j3Q

Source: 2chan
Old 2007-05-13, 10:52   Link #25
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Does Konata have a buoy because she can't swim, or is it part of her lolicon appeal?
Old 2007-05-13, 11:11   Link #26
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Beach episode. Make it count Kyoto. Also the ending sounds like a Beach Boys song, will they butcher it because its pure cheese or give it the star treatment because its sung by females. This could clear up some questions. Other than that, again there's potential for a lot of good jokes here.

The bathing suits:

I'm willing to bet Tsukasa doesn't have one because she is afraid of the water (Moe appeal and er stuff).
Kagami I thought would have had the least conservative bathing suit, but ends up in a one piece.
Konata has the classic Lolicon School Swimsuit/Innertube, which already has me somewhat amused.
Miyuki of all people has the bikini. Honestly I pictured her in an 1800's bathing costume, but she ends up the most revealing. In these cases though, if the character has cleavage they want to show it when they can. I'm not complaining, but it would be good if they discussed in the episode in the obligatory "What's she going to where?" bathing suit shopping /coming out of the change room sequences.
Old 2007-05-13, 11:22   Link #27
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Woah... two pages already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Kaioshin:

Chill out, dude! It's only anime!
Anyway, here is some advice (take it however you will) :

Considering that Gundam is Japan's Star Trek, of course there's going to be references to it everywhere!

Cookie for you, for lowering my blood pressure through laughter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post

A not so smooth drive
Woah, is that artstyle suppose to reference something?

Quote:

=D

"I just discovered another facet of Kagamin's charm."
Princess Leia? NOOOO!

Sorry, but I was never a fan of hotbun-hairbuns.

Natch.
Old 2007-05-13, 11:25   Link #28
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

Woah, is that artstyle suppose to reference something?
I think it is a reference to Initial D.

Quote:

Princess Leia? NOOOO!

Sorry, but I was never a fan of hotbun-hairbuns.
But but but... Chun Li!

About Konata's swimsuit, the mangaka have drawn her in that suit a lot of times already. She have not grown up since middle school or something, etc....
Old 2007-05-13, 11:29   Link #29
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Quote:
I think it is a reference to Initial D.
My first thought was Initial D too.

Konata's swimsuit: LOL.

I hope there's a better shot of Sensei in a swimsuit .
Old 2007-05-13, 11:31   Link #30
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
But but but... Chun Li!
Thats just what i was thinking. Hopefully we'll find out that Kagami's favourite Street Fighter character is Chun Li. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_N View Post
Talk about hot.
Old 2007-05-13, 11:35   Link #31
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

I don't like Chun-Li either. Hairbuns are just something that I don't find visually appealing.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-13, 11:35   Link #32
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_N View Post
My first thought was Initial D too.

Konata's swimsuit: LOL.

Does it count?

Old 2007-05-13, 11:40   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Does it count?

Yes, yes that does. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I don't like Chun-Li either. Hairbuns are just something that I don't find visually appealing.
I'm the same --- though i just hope there isn't a Star Wars joke or something thrown into this episode.
Old 2007-05-13, 11:47   Link #34
bayoab

It is a full Initial D reference complete with eurobeat music and random commentary from people watching the cars.

Also... can someone explain the Kyoani rule regarding fanservice? Is it just no panty shots? This episode was filled with almost fanservice and other weird shots. Also, one very poorly drawn scene of Kagami's bathingsuit.

And nothing has really changed for those who were expecting zomg changes with the director change.

Edit: Okay one major change. A whole sequence of non-kyoani references. And what is Hiroshi?

Last edited by bayoab; 2007-05-13 at 12:01.
Old 2007-05-13, 12:06   Link #35
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
~
Also... can someone explain the Kyoani rule regarding fanservice? Is it just no panty shots? This episode was filled with almost fanservice and other weird shots. Also, one very poorly drawn scene of Kagami's bathingsuit.
~
There's no rule about it. It's just that it has been a fan-observation that KyoAni has never done a "random" panty-flash (which tend to plague most anime). The skirts in their productions basically defy Newton's Laws.

It's either all-go or no-go with them.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-13, 12:06   Link #36
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
About Konata's swimsuit, the mangaka have drawn her in that suit a lot of times already. She have not grown up since middle school or something, etc....
CORRECTION: Konata hasn't changed since 6th grade!
Old 2007-05-13, 12:14   Link #37
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
CORRECTION: Konata hasn't changed since 6th grade!
Oh, now I looked at wiki's entry to see how it is, when compared to French school system.

That's way younger than expected.
Old 2007-05-13, 12:56   Link #38
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
There's no rule about it. It's just that it has been a fan-observation that KyoAni has never done a "random" panty-flash (which tend to plague most anime). The skirts in their productions basically defy Newton's Laws.

It's either all-go or no-go with them.

Cheers.
No the skirts in iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia defy newton's laws. Kyoto Animation just appears to use a D20 system to determine whether a panty shot will occur in a sequence. They also tend to make the fans salivate for a panty shot and then BAM! there it is after like 6 episodes. The impact is far more powerful than say the bizarre angles apparent in Shuffle!, holder of my Most Akward Panty Shot Sequence Of All Time Award, which involved Nerine (or was it Sia, whatever same basic character), a Vacuum cleaner and the rapid zooming in and out of the camera lenses. They also don't appear to be shy about having lolish girls in bathtubs, having high school students sit naked in a cave, and having girls pop their tops of Hockey Fight Style (Haruhi, Nayuki, Mikuru with help, Konata almost). From what I can tell you are infinitely more likely to see a girl topless in a Kyoto Animation series than you are to get a panty shot.

The idea that Konata hasn't developed since 6th grade (12 A.K.A the loli age): Sure Mr. Mangaka, sure... I believe you....

@Bayaob: Hiroshi Yamamoto is Hiroshi. Unless we are talking about Jeeg here in which case Hiroshi is a cyborg that turns into Jeeg's head. Also hooray for the prospects of possibly not having yet another Haruhi or Bonta-Kun reference this episode. It's about time they tried something else. They should have easy access to any Kadokawa published material to work freely with, so I hope they get on it.
Old 2007-05-13, 13:07   Link #39
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
@Bayaob: Hiroshi Yamamoto is Hiroshi. Unless we are talking about Jeeg here in which case Hiroshi is a cyborg that turns into Jeeg's head. Also hooray for the prospects of possibly not having yet another Haruhi or Bonta-Kun reference this episode. It's about time they tried something else. They should have easy access to any Kadokawa published material to work freely with, so I hope they get on it.
Spoiler for Hiroshi:

There are still lots of full metal panic references and multiple Haruhi references. However, no Bonta-kun's that I remember.
Old 2007-05-13, 13:28   Link #40
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

Send a message via AIM to Konata-chan Send a message via MSN to Konata-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Spoiler for Hiroshi:
Are you talking about www.nicovideo.jp? An hour after the broadcast ended, and people are already uploading episode 6 in its' entirety! Plus, there are so many comments posted in the video itself. The association of Tsukasa with "Balsamic vinegar" will never end.

Two questions:

1) Was the insert song played during Yui's scene the 4th OP to Initial D?
2) What is it with Konata and this commercial?

I'll wait for the subs to express my opinions, have too much schoolwork to do.
Closed Thread