AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-06, 08:35   Link #5701
DarkDooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
[...] or really dangerous like Suzune family.
Huh?
Old 2013-08-06, 10:35   Link #5702
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLife222 View Post
Ya, that's probably the case. but considering the difficulties that shizuku's parent have to go through to accept approval, i think that shizuku mother's would be from the hundred family(like Kanon). The magic community would more likely to stop such relation if shizuku's comes from the hundred family and instead of normal magician. The magician seems to highly treasured talented magician's genetic material and they often discriminated untalented magician. So i think they wouldn't give a though if Shizuku's mother is not from the hundred family. Then again, the oscillation magic is very common so they might not be related at all.
There are other magic families besides the ten master clans, hundreds families, ancient magic families like Yoshida's, and fallen families. They're probably no different in wanting to elevate their rank through arranged marriages to give birth to strong magicians. Besides, if Shizuku was a part of the hundreds families then it would have been said already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
The hierarchy system is based on: Power (Magicians strenght), Influence and Economics, from top to below:
1. According General ret. Retsu Kuduo: Saegusa and Yotsuba are the most powerfull, however further in the series and in special on Double Seven Ninendo, 4th House are ready considered top elite unreach class type, even for the rest 9 houses of the Master Clans, to put it simple: "They are in another dimension of power", thats why Katsuto sent clear and strong message to Koichi in D7 part 5: "leave any attempt against Yotsuba" or was "Dont mess with the Yotsuba?, we can see on vol 9 Mayumi accepting her dad was caught messing with Yotsuba interests.
1.1: 10 Master Clans
1.2: 18 "Auxiliary" houses, belongs to one digit numbers buts their specs could get close to top elite.
2. 28 Houses.
3. 100 Families.
4. Ancient Users Clans.
5. Extras o demoted and even striped from their Houses names, due crimes, misconduct or really dangerous like Suzune family.

All are integrated or affiliated to the 10 Master Clans, anyway the Council are not like monarchy and cuz this the affiliation is more to attain certain protection from other Houses, Clans or Families, say as strategic alliances, like Shippou are in 7th Clan following Saegusa House, thats doesnt meant couldnt discard coup d etat attemps inside the Clans, like Takuma trying now in D7, at least in his dope brain, but anyway who could blame poor bastart doesnt even know are try to mess with tail of the tiger or maybe a Dragon??
You are aware that the 10 Master Clans and 18 auxiliary houses make up the 28 families, right?
Old 2013-08-06, 13:43   Link #5703
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Besides, if Shizuku was a part of the hundreds families then it would have been said already.
You know, Erika is a quarter German and we didn't know that until Vol. 10.

In Vol. 1 we have Leo who has German blood.
In Vol. 4 Tatsuya mentioned many students have western blood which give diversity to students' hair color. (and look at Erika's hair!)

Heck, Rosen was mentioned in that Vol too.

And what happened?

Did the author say anything about Erika during those times?

No.

This means that something haven't mentioned yet doesn't mean it's impossible (unless there is a clue for that).
Old 2013-08-06, 15:49   Link #5704
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
You know, Erika is a quarter German and we didn't know that until Vol. 10.

In Vol. 1 we have Leo who has German blood.
In Vol. 4 Tatsuya mentioned many students have western blood which give diversity to students' hair color. (and look at Erika's hair!)

Heck, Rosen was mentioned in that Vol too.

And what happened?

Did the author say anything about Erika during those times?

No.

This means that something haven't mentioned yet doesn't mean it's impossible (unless there is a clue for that).
It was mentioned that Shizuku along with Honoka are the few elite magicians whose talents dis not come from their heritage. If shizuku really was part of a hundreds family, then it would most certainly have been mentioned there. Besides, person's nationality is irrelevant. It's one of those things you mention in the passing unless it's significantly related to the plot.
Old 2013-08-06, 15:58   Link #5705
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Relation to a hundreds family is something that can potentially influence the plot due to political influence. A person's nationality is irrelevant.
Relation to THE ROSEN is also something that can potentially influence the plot due to their being one of the leading industries in the world regarding magic technology.

So?

Quote:
]It was mentioned that Shizuku along with Honoka are the few elite magicians whose talents dis not come from their heritage.
Really?

You do remember that there are other magical families beside the "Numbered" ones(10 Master/100 Families) do you?

Reread Vol4. It was mentioned that Shizuku's mother was specialized in Oscillation Magic and Shisuka's natural potential is extraordinary. Remember the rule? Magic is inherited.

Beside, who care if Kitayama family doesn't have powerful magical ability (though it was mentioned that it's also house of magicians). You think a child can be born without the mother (and can the mother born without her parents)?

Next, about " Honoka's talents did not come from her heritage".

Wow, you really did forget about it.

Let me ask you one thing: did you read Arc 6 summary?

Last edited by CatRules; 2013-08-06 at 16:25.
Old 2013-08-06, 16:01   Link #5706
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Kinda off topic, but anyone else has been able to read more about that rumor that Tatsuya & Miyuki are going to be part of the support cast in Nagi no Asu Kara?

The rumor was "kinda hot" some months ago, but lately I haven't been able to find anything relevant about it in jp sources... Was it just a troll in the end?
Old 2013-08-06, 16:04   Link #5707
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Relation to THE ROSEN is also something that can potentially influence the plot due to their being one of the leading industries in the world regarding magic technology.

So?
Reread my post. In any case what I'm trying to say is that there's a time and place for the author to reveal certain information. If Shizuku were related to a hundred's family, then it would have been revealed when the author explained her magical talent in volume 3+4. Relation to a hundred's family isn't something to hide so there would have been no reason not to mention it like with Erika's relation to Rosen.
Old 2013-08-06, 17:01   Link #5708
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Reread my post. In any case what I'm trying to say is that there's a time and place for the author to reveal certain information. If Shizuku were related to a hundred's family, then it would have been revealed when the author explained her magical talent in volume 3+4. Relation to a hundred's family isn't something to hide so there would have been no reason not to mention it like with Erika's relation to Rosen.
wait a minute!

what are we discussing about?

Shizuku is a descendant of 100 Families

or

Shizuku is a descendant of ANY Magical Clan

Which one?

If it is the first then I will say than I'm not sure about it but it may be possible. Since we only know few of HFs, it still possible that her mother came from one of the remaining families. Note that ALL of the revealed HFs are influential ones. So her mother may come from insignificant one or a branch families of some clan in HFs. As far as I remember the revealed HFs are Chiba(1000), Chiyoda(1000), Isori(50), Tomistuka(13) and Tsuzura(20).

If it is the second then I will say it's highly possible. There are TON of powerful magical families in Mahouka world. Watanabe, Kamo, Yoshida, and Morisaki are some of the Japanese magical families that are not the Numbered. There's also the Fallen Number. In truth, Shizuku's mother can even be a foreigner.

Too much possibility. But something I'm sure is there wouldn't be strong resistance if her mother is someone insignificant. Even with his financial power. it still took him many years before he can marry her. Why would people so against it if she is just a nobody?
Old 2013-08-06, 18:05   Link #5709
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
wait a minute!

what are we discussing about?

Shizuku is a descendant of 100 Families

or

Shizuku is a descendant of ANY Magical Clan

Which one?

If it is the first then I will say than I'm not sure about it but it may be possible. Since we only know few of HFs, it still possible that her mother came from one of the remaining families. Note that ALL of the revealed HFs are influential ones. So her mother may come from insignificant one or a branch families of some clan in HFs. As far as I remember the revealed HFs are Chiba(1000), Chiyoda(1000), Isori(50), Tomistuka(13) and Tsuzura(20).

If it is the second then I will say it's highly possible. There are TON of powerful magical families in Mahouka world. Watanabe, Kamo, Yoshida, and Morisaki are some of the Japanese magical families that are not the Numbered. There's also the Fallen Number. In truth, Shizuku's mother can even be a foreigner.

Too much possibility. But something I'm sure is there wouldn't be strong resistance if her mother is someone insignificant. Even with his financial power. it still took him many years before he can marry her. Why would people so against it if she is just a nobody?

The first one and I'm arguing that she is not related to any magic clan, master clan, hundred, or extra. Like the ones you mentioned in the second.
Old 2013-08-06, 19:30   Link #5710
NoLife222

Quote:
It was mentioned that Shizuku along with Honoka are the few elite magicians whose talents dis not come from their heritage. If shizuku really was part of a hundreds family, then it would most certainly have been mentioned there. Besides, person's nationality is irrelevant. It's one of those things you mention in the passing unless it's significantly related to the plot.
Spoiler for Honoka's Bloodline:

In the end, it's up to the author to whether elaborate on Shizuku's background. But i am very interested in what the author is going to revealed next.
Old 2013-08-07, 02:44   Link #5711
vadvadindabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I believe Vol.11 finishes the Visitor arc, with Vol.12 being the start of the 2nd year.
Okay, thanks. I guess I'm too impatient
Old 2013-08-07, 09:13   Link #5712
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Kinda off topic, but anyone else has been able to read more about that rumor that Tatsuya & Miyuki are going to be part of the support cast in Nagi no Asu Kara?

The rumor was "kinda hot" some months ago, but lately I haven't been able to find anything relevant about it in jp sources... Was it just a troll in the end?
Of course it's false. For one thing, Nagi no Asukara is an original project from Dengeki Daioh and Mahouka is Dengeki Bunko.
Check the official website of NnA and you'll see that their names don't appear at all. The names of the characters and their voice cast have already been given a few months back now. Plus there's the manga adaptation which pretty much stomped that rumor into oblivion.

Also, you can tell that the supposed "cast" listed from Mahouka to appear there was pretty much the cast from the Audio Drama that came out last year, which is about vol8 I believe since Miya and Sakurai was listed.
Old 2013-08-07, 20:20   Link #5713
Shinon

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/im...nR_v07_225.jpg who is it in this suit on the bottom of the pic is it tatsuya?
Old 2013-08-07, 20:24   Link #5714
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinon View Post
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/im...nR_v07_225.jpg who is it in this suit on the bottom of the pic is it tatsuya?
Yes and looking good.
Old 2013-08-07, 20:47   Link #5715
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I am wondering what ever happened to that particular "Proud Bloom" named Morisaki Shun after getting his butt handed to him during the School Competition.
Old 2013-08-07, 20:55   Link #5716
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I am wondering what ever happened to that particular "Proud Bloom" named Morisaki Shun after getting his butt handed to him during the School Competition.
Well, the author certainly hasn't forgotten about him. He keeps d-bag around in the background just to tell us that he hasn't been forgotten.
Old 2013-08-07, 21:02   Link #5717
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Well, the author certainly hasn't forgotten about him. He keeps d-bag around in the background just to tell us that he hasn't been forgotten.
Really, I read through volume 6, 7 and 8 and I haven't spotted him. Was it in the afterwards? I really wanted to see his point of view when Tatsuya defeated the Top Tier Magician Family Clan during the competition where he barely hold his own there.
Old 2013-08-07, 21:03   Link #5718
NoLife222

Quote:
Spoiler for Summer Holiday Chapter:
Old 2013-08-07, 21:07   Link #5719
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
He kicked asses(thugs and special polices).

In Double7, he, along with shizuku, stopped members of 10 master clans from fighting each other.

Don't take him lightly.
Old 2013-08-07, 21:11   Link #5720
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
He kicked asses(thugs and special polices).

In Double7, he, along with shizuku, stopped members of 10 master clans from fighting each other.

Don't take him lightly.
Not familiar with In Double7, I only read volume 1 to 8 and waiting for volume 9 and 10 to be completed. Can you shared the details of Double 7 with him?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings