AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-08-31, 12:13   Link #1041
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

maybe, but it would be too sudden if they wanted to introduce the time travel capabilities of that gate this late, at least they would've set it up or even hint that it is able to do that.

from what I can see, it was introduced only 2 episodes ago because it is intended as a kind of last boss that would end everything once it is destroyed. I was thinking before that they needed to kill the king, but they showed that destroying the gate would end this instead.

but what do you know, maybe it really is capable of things like that
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 13:09   Link #1042
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
maybe, but it would be too sudden if they wanted to introduce the time travel capabilities of that gate this late, at least they would've set it up or even hint that it is able to do that.

from what I can see, it was introduced only 2 episodes ago because it is intended as a kind of last boss that would end everything once it is destroyed. I was thinking before that they needed to kill the king, but they showed that destroying the gate would end this instead.

but what do you know, maybe it really is capable of things like that
Not really. They seem to be thinking of doing another season. so i wouldn't call it too late to use such an idea.
Old 2013-08-31, 13:57   Link #1043
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
They seem to be thinking of doing another season.
What makes you think this? Just curious.

I wouldn't rule out another season, but the potential is there for the narrative to end nice, neat, and tidy within a few episodes if it wants to.
Old 2013-08-31, 14:07   Link #1044
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
What makes you think this? Just curious.

I wouldn't rule out another season, but the potential is there for the narrative to end nice, neat, and tidy within a few episodes if it wants to.
It was mentioned a few pages back that they were considering another season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro_Ice View Post
Well a second season for this show is being considered I hope it becomes true since I don't see this ending properly and conclusivly in 4 episodes without it becoming a rush-fest.
Old 2013-08-31, 14:14   Link #1045
Key Board
Carbon

I can see it ending in 4~5 episode

If we are taking about priorities, this is Izuru and Asagi's story

4 ~ 5 episode is enough to give them closure

The other characters don't need it.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 14:18   Link #1046
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
It was mentioned a few pages back that they were considering another season
Thanks for that info! I guess I missed it before.

Well, then you could certainly be right about the gate. Having it capable of time travel would open up a lot of interesting possibilities. Heck, I even a wild thought...

Spoiler for Triple_R's Wild Thought:
Old 2013-08-31, 14:39   Link #1047
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Thanks for that info! I guess I missed it before.

Well, then you could certainly be right about the gate. Having it capable of time travel would open up a lot of interesting possibilities. Heck, I even a wild thought...

Spoiler for Triple_R's Wild Thought:
No need to spoiler that. It's a just a theory

wouldn't that cause a weird time paradox, though?

considering Asagi and Izuru's genes come from Simon

can you be the progenitor of your own self?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 14:48   Link #1048
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
No need to spoiler that. It's a just a theory

wouldn't that cause a weird time paradox, though?

considering Asagi and Izuru's genes come from Simon

can you be the progenitor of your own self?
Philip J Fry is his own grandpa lol. It really depends though. Like say Izuru is Simon. He is born to other parents but his dna is Simon's and is later combined a bit with Teoria's DNA (This later experiment is likely why they had their memories erased when others like Doberman still seemed to have memories) to keep it from leaking out since there would be bound to be backlash). He later goes back in time during the final battle and maybe has a kid, Asagi. Finds his younger self and preps him to go into the past knowing it is necessary for humanity's future. Izuru and Asagi would still have Simon's dna in them. Their DNA was tightly locked down considering she needed permission to access it and it seems even then it was limited to Simon's part and the experiment which wouldn't give them the full view of Izuru's dna.
Old 2013-08-31, 23:38   Link #1049
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Clues? someone just threw out the idea that Theoria is Izuru's mom (mostly as a support for Kei back then) without there really being any clues and then we get this confusing connection between them a dozen episodes later. lol. Plus with talks of a season 2 anything is possible.
That's not why I threw that theory out that. I can't even say I really like Kei that much. Heck I like Anna more then Kei and she's only been in 3-4 episodes maybe. Speaking of which, Asagi get with it already, in 10 years she'll probably be smokin' hot. You need to be first in line when that happens....just kidding. xD

Anyway, I originally threw the Thoeria mom theory out there because everyone was so convinced she was Izuru's other love interest citing her placement in the OP/ED, as one of the clues, I don't remember which one. So, I kind of laughed to myself, and thought what if she's his mom. And then I thought about it, and was like, what if she IS his mom, and threw it out there.

In regards to this episode, nice character interaction and development between Izuru, Asagi, and Simon. It's nice to see Simon does seem to care about them even though he still has to keep his feelings somewhat separate from work.

And was I the only person who felt a bit sad that Ange was alone when at s/he's ASHMB. No pit crew to cheer him/her on, but I though his/her line was funny. I would also really like it if they'd finally tell us Ange's gender.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 00:40   Link #1050
Reality_Breaker

My god you people really want Izuru to be Simon, in my opinion if the whole time travel thing were real I would believe Asagi to be Simon the most because he already looks similar to the man, Izuru looks more like Teoria. Also Asagi should just wait for Anna to grow up he already has her family's approval.

As long as Izuru x Kei happens i'll be ok with anything else happening. Really glad I kept watching this anime 100x better than Valverave in my opinion.
Old 2013-09-01, 02:01   Link #1051
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
My god you people really want Izuru to be Simon, in my opinion if the whole time travel thing were real I would believe Asagi to be Simon the most because he already looks similar to the man, Izuru looks more like Teoria. Also Asagi should just wait for Anna to grow up he already has her family's approval.

As long as Izuru x Kei happens i'll be ok with anything else happening. Really glad I kept watching this anime 100x better than Valverave in my opinion.
Izuru x Kei is unlikely to happen. If he doesn't die from his condition then I still say it's likely he's going to sacrifice himself in the end to destroy the gate. Asagi x Kei has a much better chance of happening. Izuru has showed no interest so far.
Old 2013-09-01, 02:26   Link #1052
Tenzen12

Izuru will not die, though that doesn't say anything whether he will end with Kei or not.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 03:06   Link #1053
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Izuru will not die, though that doesn't say anything whether he will end with Kei or not.
I personally think the ending will be him sacrificing himself to destroy the gate but leaving enough hints that he may still be alive. If they do another season it will likely be about asagi rather than izuru.

Izuru has shown no romantic interest in Kei and his relationship with Teoria is confusing and unclear without more info. They sure made that triangle chaotic. Lol
Old 2013-09-01, 04:19   Link #1054
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Izuru has shown no romantic interest in Kei and his relationship with Teoria is confusing and unclear without more info. They sure made that triangle chaotic. Lol
How is his relationship with Teoria unclear and confusing? Is her being his mother that strange? Have we forgotten that all of the tension between Izuru and Teoria wasn't necessarily romantic as much as implying a strong bond between them of uncertain nature?
Old 2013-09-01, 04:26   Link #1055
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
How is his relationship with Teoria unclear and confusing? Is her being his mother that strange? Have we forgotten that all of the tension between Izuru and Teoria wasn't necessarily romantic as much as implying a strong bond between them of uncertain nature?
Spoken with truth, tension between wasn't necessarily romantic.

In all honesty throughout the episode I was wondering why they don't throw Izuru into a Rhino instead, if piloting a his awakened suit is the problem, maybe a normal suit will work.
Old 2013-09-01, 04:51   Link #1056
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Spoken with truth, tension between wasn't necessarily romantic.

In all honesty throughout the episode I was wondering why they don't throw Izuru into a Rhino instead, if piloting a his awakened suit is the problem, maybe a normal suit will work.
Because he doesn't know how to pilot one and he'd probably die twice as fast or faster.
Old 2013-09-01, 05:04   Link #1057
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Because he doesn't know how to pilot one and he'd probably die twice as fast or faster.
But (looking back at episode 1), weren't the fail-5 rabbits trained using training-Rhinos back in the academy? So, how come Asagi doesn’t know how to pilot one?
Old 2013-09-01, 05:30   Link #1058
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
But (looking back at episode 1), weren't the fail-5 rabbits trained using training-Rhinos back in the academy? So, how come Asagi doesn’t know how to pilot one?
You're using the phrase "know how to pilot" rather loosely here. I wouldn't call that piloting by any means (evidently, nobody else did either).

The ASHMB units make a big difference beyond the JURIA system. They're better in every single way by a large amount. The JURIA system allows them to be piloted to their full potentials. The JURIA system is almost MJP's Newtype, in how it's treated. Sure, Izuru can technically pilot a Rhino, but we already know he's terrible in them and that even if he had matured to a point where he could use it reliably he wouldn't be able to perform well enough to stay alive. There's a point at which man outperforms machine, and as we learned with Team Doberman the Rhinos are well under that point compared to the ASHMBs and the Wulgaru officers. If Izuru had to fight an officer in the Rhino, he'd die. They barely survived an officer in their ASHMBs.
Old 2013-09-01, 05:36   Link #1059
Triple_R
*Author

Izuru in Red 5 is a top-flight Ace, and possibly the only guy that can actually defeat Jiart.

Izuru in a Rhino is an average grunt, at best. In short, he becomes a Red Shirt. So it's not like you improve his chances of survival just by throwing him into a Rhino.

If Izuru is risking his life anyway, it might as well be with him having the capabilities of a top-flight Ace and not just the capabilities of a grunt.
Old 2013-09-01, 05:44   Link #1060
Tenzen12

Nope, they are all top notch pilots. Which was mentioned in very first episode, only thing that was bringing them down was lack of teamwork.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, actual mecha action, comedy, mecha, science fiction