AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-05-04, 00:47   Link #1
skreech
Aspiring Mangaka/Animator

Send a message via MSN to skreech
GIRLS Bravo

For anyone else who was interested about this series it's web site is up now ( Girls Bravo , it's in japanese only) and it starts airing July 5 at 2:53 AM.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-07-05 at 23:18. Reason: Threads merged
skreech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 16:59   Link #2
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

What is "Girls Bravo"?!

Apparently, this is the english title.
I read a preview for it in Newtype USA, the plot sounds like Hanaukyo Maids...but at the same time different (guy on a whole PLANET of girls or something)
The character design of the main female character caught me (almost looks like an older version of Misha from PitaTen)...but i don't even know if this show exists or not!!!
Anyone have any information?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-07-05 at 23:25. Reason: Threads Merged
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 17:09   Link #3
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

From what I read in NewType it would seem the main male character is deathly alergic to to the fairer sex, less one girl. The gimic is that his bathtub is the gateway between the world he lives in and the world she lives in where women out number men somewhere on the scale of 1 man for every 25-50 women.

So naturally mayham ensues as the male lead with the alergy to women gets mobbed by every women who seems in in the other world... Sounds to me like your stereotypical Shonen romance series. There will be, undoubtedly, stupidly large and unnecessary amouns of fanservice too. The fact that the bathtub is the gateway makes it so horridly obvious. >.>;

Think of it like a version of Maburaho where Kazuki(think that was his name) is alergic to women and while there's no magic involved, all the women still want to jump his bones.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 20:17   Link #4
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
From what I read in NewType it would seem the main male character is deathly alergic to to the fairer sex, less one girl. The gimic is that his bathtub is the gateway between the world he lives in and the world she lives in where women out number men somewhere on the scale of 1 man for every 25-50 women.

So naturally mayham ensues as the male lead with the alergy to women gets mobbed by every women who seems in in the other world... Sounds to me like your stereotypical Shonen romance series. There will be, undoubtedly, stupidly large and unnecessary amouns of fanservice too. The fact that the bathtub is the gateway makes it so horridly obvious. >.>;

Think of it like a version of Maburaho where Kazuki(think that was his name) is alergic to women and while there's no magic involved, all the women still want to jump his bones.
i actually knew the synopsis (in hanaukyo maids, taro was SURROUNDED by girls on all sides and he was allergic to all but one...the "main" girl Mariel)
i was looking for info about...when/if it'll air or anything like that
Old 2004-06-05, 20:49   Link #5
ubb

Think kyou kara maoh, and replace the toilet with a bathtub. I have 6 volumes of girl bravo, but I didn't read anything past 1.
ubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-05, 21:05   Link #6
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubb
Think kyou kara maoh, and replace the toilet with a bathtub. I have 6 volumes of girl bravo, but I didn't read anything past 1.
there's a manga? hmmm, is it licensed?
Old 2004-06-07, 18:12   Link #7
ubb

not that I know of.
ubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 19:15   Link #8
Kyuven

well, i looked it up on Manga Jouhou...it's not licensed!
read a few volumes, it looks to be...typical but not typical
Spoiler:

i bet it gets better...only 4 chapters translated *sigh*
Old 2004-06-08, 23:41   Link #9
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Girls Bravo's starting to air July 5th, so we'll see if it's good or not soon. Hopefully the fanservice isn't overbearing and they don't make the male lead out to be the typical worthless loser in harem anime. Maburaho took fanservice to a level that made Love Hina look subtle (how the hell did Kuriko walk without falling forward?) but maybe Girls Bravo will be better. In what I've seen of the manga so far, it's more a love triangle-type setup than a harem.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 01:32   Link #10
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru
Maburaho took fanservice to a level that made Love Hina look subtle (how the hell did Kuriko walk without falling forward?)
she used MAGIC duh! ^_^
anyway, thanks for the air date! (what i was really after)
Old 2004-07-05, 13:39   Link #11
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

GIRLS Bravo first season

GIRLS Bravo first season is aired on Tuesday 2.28 AM JST, the previous GANTZ's time slot. First episode was already aired, 07/06.

Young schoolboy is sucked to another women world through his bathtub. There, he emerges to a bath pool of a mysterious young girl, having three dots on her forehead, who possesses special power. A boy in a women world, surely he is being hunted by women of all ages. There are a lot of notable boobs bouncing and nosebreed.

What will happen when that girl follows him back to his own world?

HaRoRuleZ

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-07-05 at 23:25. Reason: Threads Merged, and boy I'm getting tired of it!
HaRoRuleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 14:49   Link #12
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Wah??? This anime is heavy enchi? Oh boy. That just kinda shot all my hopes for it. If it's as enchi heavy as your hinting too, it usually means it's lacking a good story so they drown it in fanservice. Bummer. Enchi is alright to a degree, but when you gotta drown an anime in it, then it's too much.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 14:58   Link #13
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

What were you expecting?

It's the Maburaho harem gimmick only on a larger scale.

Also, could a mod possibly merge the several threads for this show, across several forums, into one?
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 15:31   Link #14
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Well, the initial information and pics didn't hint towards enchi. So I was expecting a fun type of anime. Not a fanservice splatterfest.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 20:49   Link #15
Kyuven

uhhhh actually if it's anything like the manga, for the first several episodes (after the first) there will only be 2 girls...'cuz they don't go back to the other world...it deals more with Meiki adjusting to life on earth (and eating everything in sight)
anyway, give it a chance, the basic premise doesn't make the entire series...
Old 2004-07-05, 20:58   Link #16
KristopherZ
Car Freak

Send a message via AIM to KristopherZ Send a message via MSN to KristopherZ
Well, like any normal guy I think that nudity is fine in an anime, but when it is used too much and it starts compromising or even worse substituting; character development or story. they have just crossed the line.
KristopherZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 23:39   Link #17
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristopherZ
Well, like any normal guy I think that nudity is fine in an anime, but when it is used too much and it starts compromising or even worse substituting; character development or story. they have just crossed the line.
ok i'll just say this: i think there is only one scene of nudity out of 4 chapters of the manga...
other than that, it's just got fanservice (couple panty shots, the main character's fantasies, Meiki in a maid outfit, yadda yadda yadda)
oh and she does try to eat him...literally, like one would eat dinner or lunch
it's so funny because Meiki is just so airheaded you can't help but laugh
Old 2004-07-06, 07:16   Link #18
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
GIRLS bravo??? Hmm...well... is true though there's a character that look like Misha from Pitaten. Ane there's another girl that look abit like the main heroine from Green Green, not to mention there's a girl that look like Ichiigo Morino from Onegai Sensei.

Hoe? Maburaho and GIRLS bravo are related?? Actually i've been hunting for Maburaho but to no avail -_-" how sad... now i have to wait till the market at my place sells it. I wonder how long will it take....

Too bad is license once i get to know about the anime....(Sadness....)
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 13:28   Link #19
Kyuven

actually, GIRLS Bravo and Maburaho aren't related at all...except Maburaho is licensed by ADV and GIRLS Bravo is likely to be (or licensed by Geneon, whichever comes first)
Old 2004-07-06, 22:11   Link #20
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I'm glad I decide to check this one out. The main character Yukinari is really weird, (he reminds me of Hideki from Chobits ) he like to talk with himself and do strange things, he really cracks me up. >_<;;

Secca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, shounen