AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-17, 05:54   Link #2021
Eak
One angry cloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtan86 View Post
i waited a year for season 2 to come out, 2 years for volume 10 of the light novel.

i nearly forgotten bout SH
Yea... This thread is probably the only thing keeping me from forgetting/giving up.
Old 2008-11-18, 09:26   Link #2022
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Oh ye of little faith...

Natch.
Old 2008-11-18, 18:07   Link #2023
Isekaijin

This is horrible... simply horrible. No matter where I go I find people who have been loyal to Haruhi-sama for so long and there is still no news.

Why!? dammit. Let's go torch the evil empire headquarters!

Sorry, out of place. But can't someone do something? like collecting firms or something like that?
Old 2008-11-18, 19:49   Link #2024
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I waited ten years for the second volume of the Ghost in the Shell manga. I am STILL waiting for the new Appleseed manga. As far as Haruhi is concerned, my patience is nowhere near running out.
Old 2008-11-18, 21:15   Link #2025
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Marangio View Post
The munto homepage was updated today, e.g. with some new character sketches and a staff page: http://www.munto.com/

One of the banners:

Edit: The TV series will air early spring 2009.
Munto TV series !?

Holy crap, Hell just froze over.
Old 2008-12-01, 19:04   Link #2026
Darkoff
Nipaah!

nothing new yet? =(
Old 2008-12-01, 20:46   Link #2027
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Nothing official anyway.

Sort of guessing we'll hear something around December 18th. KyoAni seems to like leaking on notable dates within a series.
Old 2008-12-01, 21:08   Link #2028
Saki_chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I waited ten years for the second volume of the Ghost in the Shell manga. I am STILL waiting for the new Appleseed manga. As far as Haruhi is concerned, my patience is nowhere near running out.
Yeah, I'm with you there. I waited for a long damn time for the new season of Slayers, so I'm not about to start flipping out over Haruhi yet.
Old 2008-12-01, 21:54   Link #2029
animekritik

An announcement this month from Kyoani would be wonderful, especially for my adopted home, Thailand. I think Haruhi is something all sides of the political crisis could agree on.
Old 2008-12-02, 01:17   Link #2030
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Nothing official anyway.

Sort of guessing we'll hear something around December 18th. KyoAni seems to like leaking on notable dates within a series.
What's the importance of Dec 18? Other than it being exactly a week before Xmas?
Old 2008-12-02, 01:23   Link #2031
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyon.haruhi.suzumiya View Post
What's the importance of Dec 18? Other than it being exactly a week before Xmas?
Volume 4. Considering that the second season looks to be based around Disappearance...
Old 2008-12-02, 01:31   Link #2032
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
Volume 4. Considering that the second season looks to be based around Disappearance...
Kyoani will never get to the end of the 10 volumes in that case... 3 volumes max per series, we'd have to wait another 3 years after 2009 (at least - that'll be 2012) for 7-9 to be done... and 10 will be another how many years??
Old 2008-12-02, 01:44   Link #2033
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

VOL. 10 IS NOT THE ENDING.

I have said this before...
Old 2008-12-02, 01:48   Link #2034
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
VOL. 10 IS NOT THE ENDING.

I have said this before...
Proof?
Besides, I don't think Tanigawa would go any further. He's got other series to cover too.
Old 2008-12-02, 01:59   Link #2035
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

My proof comes from the simple fact that any conclusion in the next volume would resolve very little about the plot.

There are still very many loose ends and plot threads he'd have to tie up, far too many for just a light novel.

Besides, Haruhi and Kyon are nowhere near ready for a relationship yet.

Although, I'm almost certain Tanigawa will end the series with Volume 10 against all literary sensibilties. Probably by giving the power to Sasaki and wrapping up the alternate universe subplot in some contrived way and writing some shitty epilogue where Kyon and Haruhi have three children, one with a really stupid name.
Old 2008-12-02, 02:09   Link #2036
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
My proof comes from the simple fact that any conclusion in the next volume would resolve very little about the plot.

There are still very many loose ends and plot threads he'd have to tie up, far too many for just a light novel.

Besides, Haruhi and Kyon are nowhere near ready for a relationship yet.

Although, I'm almost certain Tanigawa will end the series with Volume 10 against all literary sensibilties. Probably by giving the power to Sasaki and wrapping up the alternate universe subplot in some contrived way and writing some shitty epilogue where Kyon and Haruhi have three children, one with a really stupid name.
I'd rather that the power be returned to the real God up in heaven. At least it'd be proper. I don't need to see Haruhi and Kyon starting a family, just them on proper dates and maybe marriage is enough.
Old 2008-12-02, 02:52   Link #2037
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
Proof?
Besides, I don't think Tanigawa would go any further. He's got other series to cover too.
No real proof. All we got now is that rumour that author wants this volume to be the last one, but publisher don't thinks so. Believe or not to believe - it's your own choice.
Old 2008-12-02, 05:23   Link #2038
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyon.haruhi.suzumiya View Post
I'd rather that the power be returned to the real God up in heaven. At least it'd be proper. I don't need to see Haruhi and Kyon starting a family, just them on proper dates and maybe marriage is enough.
Your views are too biased towards Christianity.

Real God? Its only because your a Christian. You can try telling that to Buddhists, Hindus and Islams.

And it was never aid that Haruhi's power came from a god of any sort.

And if anyone was closest to being a god in the Haruhiverse, besides Haruhi herself, it would be the Data Entities.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-12-02, 05:25   Link #2039
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Your views are too biased towards Christianity.

Real God? Its only because your a Christian. You can try telling that to Buddhists, Hindus and Islams.

And it was never aid that Haruhi's power came from a god of any sort.

And if anyone was closest to being a god in the Haruhiverse, besides Haruhi herself, it would be the Data Entities.
Tanigawa was from a Christian (specifically a Methodist) University. Go check up Kwansei Gakuin. And its History profile page. So, why not?
Old 2008-12-02, 07:37   Link #2040
typhonsentra

Kaisos, your proof focuses on the flow of the story but ignores the real-life issues with the creator of said story. The guy hasn't published a new story in this series in nearly two years and before that it'd been nearly a year and before that he only published a single book of two short stories the previous year. It's pretty obvious he's either sick of writing about these characters or he doesn't know what he wants to do with them anymore.

Even if 10 isn't the end I don't expect him to continue pumping out many volumes anymore. Since they just started their Junior year I'd at least expect him to cover up until Mikuru graduates though, how much of the time in between he covers is the question. Will we see a big time jump?
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen