AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-04-26, 03:59   Link #521
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Ch 20 has been scanlated by Vivid Translation.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 23:48   Link #522
Aaron008R

Ch 24 has been sniffed up by Swirly Enterprises. @3

But before I start, I guess the recent chapter translations finally gave us Signum Mk. II's name. 'Micaiah Chevelle.' Not a bad name for somebody obviously Japanese-themed...
And of course, something from Fujima. :3
Spoiler for Mikaya-chan~:

And then to the main course. >:3

Spoiler for Chapter 24 pics:

And with that, I'm off to dinner. :3

*rolls away*

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2011-04-27 at 00:14. Reason: Mixed some people up. XD
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 23:57   Link #523
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

See people, this is why you never rush to battle. You are just asking to be slashed/shot/hit/etc.

Also, I am still hoping that Signum Mk-II Micaiah Chevelle wins, yes.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 23:59   Link #524
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Awwwww.... i'm rooting for Miura, hope the lil kid at least mange to fight one of the main characters before getting dumped from the competition xD.

Also, apparently Tsuzuki already started with the crossover jokes, isn't that the main girl from Dog Days with Nanoha and Vivio xD?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 00:13   Link #525
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

Woo! I actually called it despite being half-serious.

On to the next fight.

FIGHT!
Old 2011-04-27, 00:16   Link #526
Aaron008R

Indeed you did, sorry about that.

And indeed, that's princess Millhiore Biscotti from Dog Days. I heard Fujima's drawing a manga for that too. :3

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 01:39   Link #527
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Was confused, thought someone from Dog Days appeared in the manga, which also had me somewhat concerned. Glad to see it wasn't needed. :P

And... I'd probably rather see Micaiah proceed, if just because we have a lot of hand to hand fighters as it is. And Midchildan mages. It'd be nice to see a bit more Belkan mages (and other types of magic users, but I'm doubtful on too many new ones), and definitely less brawlers. She's going to win of course, but still. Nothing against Miura though, just kind of annoyed at how many people seem to rely on their fists in a magic tournament. Only issue with Vivid so far.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 02:02   Link #528
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

To be fair, fist are very underrated in the franchise until ViVid. Season 1 and A's only showed Arf, Zafira and Lotte Lieze as the only brawlers around(with Lotte as the most successful of them) but still the main action takes place in armed combat. Subaru was a pretty big surprise on StrikerS exactly for that reason, a fist powered brawler on rollerblades, there's also Ginga, Tre and Nove, but the last two didn't get much screentime to really show what they can do so it's again a rarity ....unless you count Sankt Kaiser Vivio who spent the majorityof her screentime literally punching the Ace of Aces across the room.

ViVid looks fresh by introducing several examples of magical martial artists, they're still mages, the only difference is that they're using their magic as a replacement of chii/ki/chakra to go "Street Fighter" on the opponent(Einhart and Vivio are the worst offenders being able to even do Hadoken/Kamehameha esque moves xD). Still there's different styles of magic, where introdued to a good number of magic-fighters which i find amusing to say the least, we also get introduced to a few more unique styles, we have a "Thunder emperor", a Witch and now a Samurai(a real one) and that's not counting Corona's amazing Golem Creation magic.

Aside of all those new styles i also want to see an exansion on underdeveloped previous styles like Lutecia's magic, it will be interesting to see what methods she have to face opponents on a one-on-one match.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-04-27, 02:19   Link #529
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
But before I start, I guess the recent chapter translations finally gave us Signum Mk. II's name. 'Micaiah Chevelle.'
Was unsure about the validity of the name, but Micaiah is a real name, and there's even a chick from Fire Emblem with that name. Chevelle, of course, is a type of car.
Old 2011-04-27, 09:28   Link #530
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

I for one, want Miura to win.
Takamura Mamoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 09:31   Link #531
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

But Miura's pretty much guaranteed the win, by virtue of the one who was actually hyped up more than the other.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 09:46   Link #532
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Don't blame us xDU, FORCE left me with the feeling that nothing is guaranted, anyone can die ...or in this case, lose xDU

"She's trained by the Wolkenritter and alo breaks a pole effortlessly, she's a very tough girl let's show how terryfing this new kendo girl is by defeating said tough girl"

xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-04-27, 11:02   Link #533
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
But Miura's pretty much guaranteed the win, by virtue of the one who was actually hyped up more than the other.
Not necessarily. Losing despite your best efforts is a good vehicle for character development.
Old 2011-04-27, 11:11   Link #534
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

We haven't seen nearly enough of this character for such a loss to have a significant impact though. It'd make sense for the other four, but not for handful-of-pages Miura.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 13:41   Link #535
Mirron

Agreed. I don't see it going any other way. We already have enough potential threats that will, doubtless, take out Miura at some point later on anyways, so I don't see anything else happening.

And certainly we didn't have that many hand to hand fighters, but they still existed a bit. My main issue is that the majority of the major heroes use their fists, and a decent enough amount of the villains.

As for Lutecia... I'm pretty sure she's going to summon in these battles. Maybe not full on Hakutenkou... I know I spelled that wrong, but still, but doubtless her small bug summons could still be used, maybe even Garyuu, though that's probably pushing it. Or maybe she'll pull out new summons that we have yet to see.
Old 2011-04-27, 14:09   Link #536
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

If Corona is allowed to use her golem, I'd say Lutecia is allowed to use her summons.
Old 2011-04-27, 14:09   Link #537
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post

"She's trained by the Wolkenritter and alo breaks a pole effortlessly, she's a very tough girl let's show how terryfing X is by defeating said tough girl"
This is what I fear, actually. I fear she'll get her ass kicked by someone else just to show how powerful said person is.
Takamura Mamoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 14:26   Link #538
Mirron

Oh, most likely later on. We still need Miura to be a viable threat. Heck, they've built up Micaiah enough that when Miura does beat her, it'll help make Miura a viable threat. After all, who cut through a bus with an ordinary sword.

After this though, I'd say Miura will be used to demonstrate the strength of someone else. Maybe one more win for her, but I'm doubtful on her facing any of the four heroines.

Agree on the golem thing too. That golem is pretty vicious, so I'm sure Lutecia can summon.
Old 2011-04-27, 16:06   Link #539
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
If Corona is allowed to use her golem, I'd say Lutecia is allowed to use her summons.
Corona's allowed to use her golem, but she's not allowed to start the battle with it. Probably works the same with Lutecia. She has to summon them during the fight, not before.
Old 2011-04-27, 16:33   Link #540
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yeeeah, that's kind of what I meant. No problem for Lutecia.

Tags
vivid