AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-21, 18:15   Link #981
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
So, I decided to tell the Greybeards to have a rain-check, and instead am busying myself with the little sidequests in the Winterhold School. There's this one sidequest in particular that's confusing me though, as I'm not sure WHERE I'm supposed to go to; specifically this is the 'purifying magical nodes' quest. I understand that they're outside the school grounds somewhat, but the map isn't really that helpful...
The big blue columns of light in each building and in the courtyard.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 18:20   Link #982
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Btw, City Guards respawn, right? Because I just stealh-killed about 6 guards in Riften due to euphoria of finally getting the Assassin's Blade perk in my new character lol.

Since my character took the left smithing perk tree, I can't make easy money by clearing out Dwemer ruins to craft dwarven weapons. Well, at least I can still sell them raw for a decent profit too.

What do you guys think is the optimum stats allocation for specific builds? In my previous warrior, I raised stamina to 200, and I already felt that's plenty and thought I should spend it on health for the remainding levels. In my current stealthy mage, I raise health as I raise my magicka in 1:1 ratio, but I still have mana problems. I play on expert, so health sometimes become an issue, if not the biggest problem in the earlier levels. I'm starting to think that it would be better to just dump all stats to health since I can always enchant a fortify destrucion 100% later, but I'm a bit uneasy because that feels too cheesy.

Oh, and I'd like to ask, does base mana regen in this game works as a percentage and not a certain amount regen'ed per second? What I mean is would it take the same amount of time to fully regen mana from naught for characters who have 100 and 200 mana? And mana regen enhancement works by multipling their rate to the base mana regen, right? So suppose I regen 10% mana per second and I have 100% more mana regen, I'll regen about 20% per second now?
I released the foresworn guys from the mines and they completely destroyed every city guard. I haven't seen one after a week.

When I played my assassin I dumped all my points into mana. I play on masters so if I get "caught" and fail to escape, I am dead anyway, and I also do not need the stamina for continuous combat. Straight up combat does not work for my build. I rely heavily on calm spells to make everything a walk in the park.

I grinded enchanting when I played my mage (no BS/alch) for quick 70% mana reduction on my gear. Since regen is painfully reduced in combat, I did not bother with any regen enchants pumped mana until I have 250 then the rest went into health. Optimally speaking, if you get yourself -100 destruction spell cost set you will only need enough for summons, some buffs, and maybe some restro spells. As long as I am playing smart I shouldn't be taking any damage.

For my warrior I have a 4:1 health stamina ratio. The stamina helps me chase down archers, carry a few more things, and perform a few more overpower attacks.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 18:34   Link #983
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quick question Flying Dagger. Since you invested so much on stealth and quick kills, how do you sustain traveling? Do you just stealth walk all the way to locations to make sure you don't get snuck up on by random wolves that might gnaw you? Or is the wildlife not that dangerous to worry about and you teleport around Skyrim?
Old 2011-11-21, 19:02   Link #984
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Quick question Flying Dagger. Since you invested so much on stealth and quick kills, how do you sustain traveling? Do you just stealth walk all the way to locations to make sure you don't get snuck up on by random wolves that might gnaw you? Or is the wildlife not that dangerous to worry about and you teleport around Skyrim?
Fast travel + Shadowmere (It's a horse) gets me where I need to go

That and not fighting in sunlight (It's unhealthy for vampires)
Kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 19:26   Link #985
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I use calm, make them all friendly, then sneak up behind each of them and kill them all in front of their family?

Sneak is actually amazingly easy to level to a point where it was threatening*. I think my sneak was already at 50 when I am done the 1st dungeon with the golden claw. Sneaking around grants levels as well as sneak attack itself. Early on before I got the x15 talent, before I got DB x2 backstab gloves, when I was only using a pair of fine steel daggers I would sneak up to something and perform a power attack on them. I suspect each power attack hit contribute to sneak experience. I would get a new level of sneak every 2 power attacks under sneak mode.

No I do not abuse shadowmere. I hate it when my horse joins the battle and ruins my sneaking.

I have trouble killing dragons, but I also found out that you can kite dragons back to town/kite it to a giant camp where the friendly gaints will take care of my dragon problem. Dragons also scale poorly so I can still do "decent" against them once they perma-landed on the sub20% health mark.

* as I was leveling so fast through sneak that I was afraid my combat skills wouldn't keep up. There was a period of time where I neglected illusion for a little while and calm stopped working. Good thing illusion can be easily leveled by spamming muffle as I run around and the problem only lasted through a single dungeon.
Old 2011-11-21, 21:31   Link #986
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I dont think i can go Stealth until a mod that makes enemies go into a looonger awareness before they go "Must have been my imagination" AFTER SHOOTING A ARROW INTO THEIR HEAD!

some screen shots

When I saw this place, I literally stopped and took 20 pictures of it, best one is this

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...54390964216128

(Spoiler ones, so dont click till you receive the dragon summon shout)
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...54390964219169
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...54390964213839
Old 2011-11-21, 21:44   Link #987
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Can this be beaten under 20 mins? It's a tradition for Elder Scrolls games, pretty much every one could be quickly completed throught exploits.
Old 2011-11-21, 21:48   Link #988
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I dont think i can go Stealth until a mod that makes enemies go into a looonger awareness before they go "Must have been my imagination" AFTER SHOOTING A ARROW INTO THEIR HEAD!
Even with the final perk in Stealth?

You can literally vanish in the middle of the battle with that thing. As in, you can backstab them in the face if you press the sneak button in combat then attack immediately.

Anyway, I am planning my next character. Now that I realised it is possible to have a Follower who can tank dragons if I wait until I am level 81 to get her, I think I can make a pure archer with no hand to hand skills at all. I will just let my follower do all the melee.
Old 2011-11-21, 22:33   Link #989
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Even with the final perk in Stealth?

You can literally vanish in the middle of the battle with that thing. As in, you can backstab them in the face if you press the sneak button in combat then attack immediately.

Anyway, I am planning my next character. Now that I realised it is possible to have a Follower who can tank dragons if I wait until I am level 81 to get her, I think I can make a pure archer with no hand to hand skills at all. I will just let my follower do all the melee.
Or just take up conjuration
Old 2011-11-21, 23:17   Link #990
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Or just take up conjuration
I want to see if I can build a magic-less character after going all out mage with my current heroine. Get the most powerful bow I can craft, with the greatest enchantments and the strongest poisons. And see if I can O-H-KO the last boss.
Old 2011-11-21, 23:20   Link #991
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
So, anyone familiar with areas locked at low levels? It's kind of hard finding places to level up my Armor skills, since most of the things I encounter now can poke holes into me with little effort. I know the ES wiki (uesp.net) mentions just going to the first bandit camp you can find at the start, but I was already level 15 when I left the tutorial (this is what happens if you use it to level Sneaking), so...
Old 2011-11-21, 23:22   Link #992
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
So, anyone familiar with areas locked at low levels? It's kind of hard finding places to level up my Armor skills, since most of the things I encounter now can poke holes into me with little effort. I know the ES wiki (uesp.net) mentions just going to the first bandit camp you can find at the start, but I was already level 15 when I left the tutorial (this is what happens if you use it to level Sneaking), so...
How about finding some slaughterfish in a river?

Jump in, let them nibble you, then jump out of the water to rest and heal. Repeat. I find that they are the only monsters safe enough to do this, even mudcrabs are too dangerous.
Old 2011-11-21, 23:52   Link #993
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Leveling Alchemy is a nightmare. Here is a method to grind...

Master trainer is at Dark Brotherhood. Giants respawn in 2 weeks. Most profitable+most exp recipe is Giant Toe+Wheat. Using this recipe, you can easily support yourself simply on fortify health potion. If you reach 5/5 limit before you level, then:

1. Buy all ingredients from alchemist, kill
2. Giants from giant camps to get ingredients
3. Combine to make Potion.
4. Rest 48 hour for ingredients, do 1
5. Once 2 weeks has pasted, do 2.

Use books to get last 5 alchemist level.

While posting this grindfest, farming gold is easier than farming ingredients in skyrim. So, I would just buy the levels from trainers if I were you.
Old 2011-11-21, 23:57   Link #994
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yea! Hooray for breaking the game!

I don't grind.
Old 2011-11-22, 00:40   Link #995
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

To continue reporting the exploits of my level 81 follower, she just killed the first Dragon Priest I have ever met. I barely have time to realise what was going on before she hacked him to death.
Old 2011-11-22, 00:50   Link #996
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Never fought a Dragon priest. Where did you encounter it?
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 01:45   Link #997
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
Never fought a Dragon priest. Where did you encounter it?
One of the outdoor dragon-guarded word walls called Shearpoint. The priest just sleeps in his coffin right next to the word wall.

As you might know each dragon priest has a unique mask. So it is a minigame to collect them all.

EDIT: It is extremely liberating to have a follower who is tough enough to survive being hit by my spells. I can finally cast chain lighting and fireballs every which way. The Ancient Dragon didn't stand a chance.
Old 2011-11-22, 02:07   Link #998
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Fought my first Dragon Priest in the Labyrinthian.

The only other time I spammed my Sanguine Rose in a fight so much was the Black Star quest -_-
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 03:20   Link #999
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Unlimited Dragons In Skyrim? Sure, Why Not.

Old 2011-11-22, 03:32   Link #1000
Simonsy

was just doing a mission to get back a missing book and there was some draugr overlord that could one shot me constantly with his bow. was fricken gay as hell. Had to slowly shoot him, hide, shoot him, hide, ect for like 30 minutes.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim