AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-03-15, 23:28   Link #1121
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
With their technology 40 years into the future, Kio could be a designer X-rounder baby, sourced from the usual suspects.
don't forget where that kind of hopeful speculation with Yurin went
Old 2012-03-15, 23:30   Link #1122
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

One mention of possible timetravel that's not even confirmed and people are already trying to use it to disprove Asem/Romary... *sigh* You people are really persistent.
Old 2012-03-15, 23:31   Link #1123
~BC~

No, they just don't pretend to know things until they actually come to pass.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 23:33   Link #1124
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
don't forget where that kind of hopeful speculation with Yurin went
We'll this speculation is a little different from the leading Yurin one before: hoping that Asem being hair dyed.
Old 2012-03-15, 23:36   Link #1125
~BC~

Wait, people took the hair dye joke seriously? Boy, this fandom.
Old 2012-03-15, 23:37   Link #1126
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
One mention of possible timetravel that's not even confirmed and people are already trying to use it to disprove Asem/Romary... *sigh* You people are really persistent.
this time there is logic behind it since it's been said that Kio arc takes place 50 years in the future and he's only 13 years old. So it is at least 37 years before Kio is born and Romari will be close to 60 so she likely wouldn't be able to have kids by then. The idea of him being with her daughter can make sense since the cold sleep is a confirmed technology as well.
Old 2012-03-15, 23:37   Link #1127
kakakka

Quote:
Not really too likely. Animes generally don't use looks that skip generations. it's likely about 99% sure that it comes from Romari's line.
It's still a possibility. I say it's more possible that marrying your classmate's daughter, which possibility is almost none in Gundam. It might be twist, but I don't think it's something considered in Gundam.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 23:37   Link #1128
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Considering the level of butthurt there was with Yurin getting killed, yes people took it seriously.

Quote:
this time there is logic behind it since it's been said that Kio arc takes place 50 years in the future and he's only 13 years old. So it is at least 37 years before Kio is born and Romari will be close to 60 so she likely wouldn't be able to have kids by then.
Never mind the whole cryo-pod thing, which they specifically mentioned preserving age... it's plenty possible for a woman to still have children at that age. Older parents is nothing new.

We should also keep in mind that there's still no confirmation if it was true, given that it's 4chan that's putting it out (they can mention a book title but I'd rather have a translatable scan).

But like I said before. The idea of Asem not hooking up with Romary is about as likely as Yurin being Asem's mother--it's not gonna happen; AGE isn't being that clever.

EDIT: And you edited while I made my edit. *sigh*

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-03-17 at 13:59. Reason: Don't post about rep!
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 23:41   Link #1129
kakakka

How many are posting. There's like 7 new post I haven't read above ><
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 23:41   Link #1130
~BC~

Quote:
Considering the level of butthurt there was with Yurin getting killed, yes people took it seriously.
Pretty sure that had more to do with people simply liking the character. It happens.
Old 2012-03-15, 23:43   Link #1131
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Wait, people took the hair dye joke seriously? Boy, this fandom.
Yurin fandom specifically. Go Yurin!
Old 2012-03-16, 07:50   Link #1132
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

https://twitter.com/#!/GundamAGE
Quote:
Kino-Hen does NOT take place 50 years after Ansemu-Hen, they clairified that the information in Great Mechanics is a typo and they meant 50 years after Flint-hen.
Old 2012-03-16, 08:26   Link #1133
casval cehack

Thankfully, this would put Romary back in the child bearing age negating the possible need for pods or Zeheart or even Yunoha.
Old 2012-03-16, 08:48   Link #1134
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Spoiler for Like A Boss:
Old 2012-03-16, 09:05   Link #1135
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Spoiler for Like A Boss:
Interesting. Going by how the beam is coming out of the barrel, it seems the DODS technology is still present.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 09:14   Link #1136
~BC~

Looks like the only thing Kio won't inherit is the hair clip. ;p

I just noticed his face seems more angular; guess they might bump his age up from 13.
Old 2012-03-16, 10:51   Link #1137
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Interesting. Going by how the beam is coming out of the barrel, it seems the DODS technology is still present.
The DODS technology shouldn't disappear or go extinct after this arc. I guess improvements can be made to the tech to enhance its efficiency and performance.

Hurray to Kio the demure-looking boy but has a big heart burning to protect his friends, hence his big Gundam.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 12:15   Link #1138
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
glad to be wrong in this case. Now to figure out what changes Romari from Zeheart to Asemu
Old 2012-03-16, 13:14   Link #1139
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Did not expect the lack of DODS in the arc, but I was surprised that it's in the Sigmasis given the name and the larger more cannon like design. It's happened with G-Exes's rifle though.

Curious to see why it has a different name, the creative decision to do so that is. It is a nice name though depends on how the official romanization goes.
Old 2012-03-16, 13:55   Link #1140
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
glad to be wrong in this case. Now to figure out what changes Romari from Zeheart to Asemu
she found out that he had only eyes for Asem

I think you are selling the hints about AsemXRomary a bit short here (I don't blame you) Back at the start of Generation 2, we seen that Romary had an interest in Asem before he got the Gundam (she showed up to his work shop and was all like ''this is so interesting'' and was blushing and smiling at him) then he saved her life when he was on his way to get the Gundam (while driving her on a motorbike) and there was the whole bit about knowing his secret and them having all that behind the scenes development (lol) with Zeheart, not to mention her worrying about him (and Zeheart) during the last episode ... like I said, there were hints. They just weren't good hint's, but still ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Curious to see why it has a different name, the creative decision to do so that is.
I'm guessing it has to do with the idea that in the future the DODS becoming something like a standardized weapon and thus the AGE-3 gaining something much more powerful than that (the AGE-2 having a heavily modified DODS has to do with the DODS still being considered cutting edge even by 20 years time I suppose).

It's a pretty cool name, yeah. The AGE-3 in general is a pretty neat look MS, so I look forward to seeing it in action.