AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-04, 18:07   Link #21
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Micchi signing for my yearly dose of fibre. I think I can speak for most in saying that this year will be much more intriguing than last year.

Started following two weeks ago and got my top chars nailed down. Updated the Saimoe page on my blog as usual. Hope Papakiki, loli bball RO-KYU-BU!, im@s and Mashifoni do well!

よろしく!
Old 2012-06-04, 21:47   Link #22
ion475
にこにこにー

Following Micchi with my (really early) Top 10 for this year...

1. Hasegawa Kobato (Haganai) - She rise fast on my list...use to be a much bigger Niku fan before I turn my back against her
2. Alice (Kamimemo) - Probably forgotten by now...
3. Kuroyukihime (Accel World) - New girl, already way up on my list
4. Chitanda Eru (Hyouka) - Same as Kuroyukihime
5. Akaza Akari (Yuruyuri) - \アッカリ~ン/
6. Minato Tomoka (RKB) - Needs all the love...
7. Nyaruko (Nyaruko-san) - My SAN point is nosediving...
8. Taneshima Poplar (Working'!!) - ちっちゃい先輩かわいい
9/10. Araragi Karen/Tsukihi (Nisemonogatari) - Just put here since they're "new" (Not really)

Will still support: Towa Erio (Denpa Onna), Azusa & Mio (K-On), Shana (SnS), Louise (ZnT), Taiga (Toradora OVA), Nagi (HnG Movie), Aria (Hidan no Aria), Rotte (Rotte no Omocha), Minase Iori (IM), Hitagi & Nadeko (Nisemonogatari), Tooru (A-Channel OVA), Yamada Aoi (Working), Takanashi sisters (Papakiki), Hinata (RKB), Tacos + Kuro + Toki (Saki Achiga-hen), Karuta (Inu x Boku SS), Chiaki Kurihara (Moretsu Pirates...since she's basically Kuroneko with glass), Niku & Rika (Haganai), Ika-Musume (Ika Musume S2)

In another word, yeah, impossible to pick this year with so many girls returning...
Old 2012-06-04, 22:33   Link #23
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

No Top 10 or Signature Seven yet for me, it's all still in the works. Even though I started preparing a list a couple of weeks ago. Say, the girls of the currently airing Spring of the Dead shows are also eligible, right...? They appeared before June 30, 2012 so...

Too... many... nice... choices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
I have a feeling: they do not care other than the results of their collective opinions as to who wins. These people are cowards.
Yeah, I do wonder if the organizers realize this disaster in the making before, you know, they run Saimoe into the ground.
Old 2012-06-04, 22:37   Link #24
hinakatbklyn

Last year I had an idea who I wanted to win. This year I have many more favorites to support that I won't know which of my favorites has the best chance until the main tournament.
Old 2012-06-05, 07:19   Link #25
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Top 10:
1. Urabe Mikoto/Mysterious Girlfriend X (Despite how weird she is, she's totally moe)
2. Senjougahara Hitagi/Nisemonogatari (Our "tsundere")
3. Ika-Musume/Ika-Musume (Shinryaku shinryaku)
4. Kwashima Ami/Toradora (I'm scared that she might not do well)
5. Makise Kurisu/Steins;Gate (Science Moe)
6. Chitanda Eru/Hyouka (KININARIMASU)
7. Chiaki Kurihara/ Mouretsu Pirates (I swear she really steals the show when she pops out)
8. Yune/Ikoku Meiro no Croisee (Definition of moe)
9. Miyanaga Saki/Saki (She is eligible this year, right?)
10. Hakase/Nichijou (She's just cute)

Haven't exactly checked everyone but these are the character I'm most probably rooting for the most (not arranged in order)
Old 2012-06-05, 11:48   Link #26
Sessyl
Touhoutaku

Top err.. 2?:
1. Eu (Zombie) - Hnnnng...
2. Toki (Saki) - The character type always gets to me

Here's to some (hopefully) Saimoe madness!
Old 2012-06-05, 19:21   Link #27
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
We all would love this to happen. But yeah. . . less domination: probably. Less voting restrictions: never gonna happen.

I'm pretty sure Madoka, Index and Dog Days characters are ineligible this year. Which makes me sad because Homuhomu won't get her justice this year. And no Biribiri .
After what she did last year, I think Misaka is better off taking a year off and continuing to let thing die down.

Quote:
I have a feeling: they do not care other than the results of their collective opinions as to who wins. These people are cowards.

Y'know what would be funny? Someone remaking a "new" Anime Saimoe with a more open voting policy, AND taking the previous history of the tournament along with it. What can these people do? File a lawsuit?! LOL
If it's not official, many voters won't show up even if they were turned away from the official tournament.
Old 2012-06-06, 04:34   Link #28
wontaek

Quote:

Y'know what would be funny? Someone remaking a "new" Anime Saimoe with a more open voting policy, AND taking the previous history of the tournament along with it. What can these people do? File a lawsuit?! LOL
In 2010, there were several offensive posts made by 'these people' on Anizone.net when Anizone.net's Moe Tournament was in its middle phase. These posts used many slang used in 2channel , especially ones that is derisive about Koreans and other non-Japanese. Some were in Japanese, while others were Google translated version of Japanese into Korean. The posts expressed their contempt of Koreans and 'gaiin' trying to rip-off what is theirs.

So,

1. There are Saimoe equivalents out there and even the 2channel people are aware of them.
1.5 : Anizone.net's Moe Tournament used to receive dozens of votes that originated within Japan. ISML currently receives good deal of votes that came from Japan.
2. Some of them did curse at these Saimoes within 2channel and had tried to troll these copy cats by posting racist remarks in the 'offending' websites.
3. Few of them may have been involved in attempts to disrupt the 'gaijin Saimoe' process by stuffing the ballot with 'multivotes' and even some other 'cyberattacks'. This is speculative since only evidence at hand are sudden increase in 'multivotes' or traffic from Japan, sometimes close to a time when some 'suggestive' comments appear at 2channel or when those Japanese posts appeared in Anizone.net .

Last edited by wontaek; 2012-06-06 at 05:12.
Old 2012-06-06, 13:28   Link #29
Kyuu
=^^=

Oh, the super serious business.

The harsh exchange between AST and Best Moe. Yea, that's not surprising at all. Nevertheless, it is the fault for AST for implementing "xenophobic" policies. In fact, it's all the more good reason to hold additional "moe" tournaments.

I'll comment more later. But, I have to wonder: did AST people have any qualms about ISML? And what prompted the Koreans (aside from blatant racism) to hold one of their own?

Last edited by Kyuu; 2012-06-06 at 13:42.
Old 2012-06-06, 16:09   Link #30
wontaek

Quote:
Oh, the super serious business.

The harsh exchange between AST and Best Moe. Yea, that's not surprising at all. Nevertheless, it is the fault for AST for implementing "xenophobic" policies. In fact, it's all the more good reason to hold additional "moe" tournaments.

I'll comment more later. But, I have to wonder: did AST people have any qualms about ISML? And what prompted the Koreans (aside from blatant racism) to hold one of their own?
Anizone.net decided to try their own moe tournament because it was hard for them to vote in the Saimoe in 2005, though in 2005 the concern was more about language and the wait time. Anizone's moe tournament had its trial run in early 2006 and its first full run in the late 2006
Old 2012-06-08, 16:36   Link #31
timbits
Harem Lead

Oh hey, that time of the year again.

Some of you might remember me as the guy who suddenly disappeared in the middle of last year's tournament. The reason was because I really didn't have that much to say back then, hopefully I'll be around for longer this year.
Old 2012-06-08, 19:29   Link #32
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbits View Post
Oh hey, that time of the year again.

Some of you might remember me as the guy who suddenly disappeared in the middle of last year's tournament. The reason was because I really didn't have that much to say back then, hopefully I'll be around for longer this year.
It's OK. Your vote doesn't matter anyways, 'cause they won't take it.
Old 2012-06-08, 20:39   Link #33
timbits
Harem Lead

Hey guys looks like Hina is eligible again this year. Will this be her year?
Spoiler for Large Image:
Old 2012-06-08, 22:03   Link #34
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbits View Post
Hey guys looks like Hina is eligible again this year. Will this be her year?
I thought it was Shana's year.
Old 2012-06-09, 02:07   Link #35
Kyuu
=^^=

Neither Hina nor Shana have a chance at winning it all this year.
Old 2012-06-09, 02:34   Link #36
RJ TAYLER

Probably only useful to spoil someone's day in rounds one and two (if they get 'lottery' level lucky themselves) I'm sorry to say.
Old 2012-06-09, 02:34   Link #37
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Nah, it will be another KyoAni moeblob
Old 2012-06-09, 03:24   Link #38
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Nah, it will be another KyoAni moeblob
May I ask who you have in mind and any reasons why?
Old 2012-06-09, 03:41   Link #39
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
May I ask who you have in mind and any reasons why?
Past experience Not that the studio or its supporters have a shortage of candidates this year But as always, I rally hope to be wrong, like the controversial Rika-win, the only time that a winning moe-blob had also a personality
Old 2012-06-09, 06:02   Link #40
anisu

Akarin~
Officially calling this year's winner: Akari Akaza
Saimoe hajimaru yo!

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament