AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-15, 22:06   Link #1481
mochichan

.......dear lord..hope not D:

It's cute that they supply Kirara energy or something :3
i was hoping maybe the lightstick double up as light saber for the fans to protect themselves XD
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 23:33   Link #1482
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
.......dear lord..hope not D:
Wait, weren't you one of the folks who supported killing off one of our innocent, lovely teenage girls for the sake of drama? Yet the idea of grinding up little floaty alien critters to make light sticks bothers you? What makes the kirara more worthy of protection than the girls?
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 23:57   Link #1483
Kazu-kun

I finally got my hands on the first chapter of Heart Gata Operation, and damn, Acchan the 13th is cold!! She's just like Chieri in bitchy mode, minus the backhanded comments. The aloof and serious business attitude and the cold stare of doom is just the same.

It's odd. She's so different from Nagisa...

Another similarity between this Acchan and Chieri is that she plays the piano.

I find amusing that Acchan the 13th was sort of a mentor figure for Kanata, and now in the anime Kanata is a mentor figure for Chieri, who's sort of Acchan the 13th 2.0 lol

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-06-16 at 00:16.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 00:09   Link #1484
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

So erm, going back to Episode 6. How do you guys think Kawamori and Okada are going to react to Sashihara Rino's recent scandal (NSFW), given that Orine was explicitly talking about wanting to succeed her name in that episode?

First thing I thought when I saw the whole thing was, damn, this is going to be hilarious.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 00:09   Link #1485
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I finally got my hands on the first chapter of Heart Gata Operation, and damn, Acchan the 13th is cold!! She's just like Chieri in bitchy mode, minus the backhanded comments. The aloof and serious business attitude and the cold start of doom is just the same.
Ah, but Chieri is rather clearly hiding a warmer side underneath that she just doesn't know how (or, perhaps, is afraid) to express. Is Acchan the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
So erm, going back to Episode 6. How do you guys think Kawamori and Okada are going to react to Sashihara Rino's recent scandal (NSFW), given that Orine was explicitly talking about wanting to succeed her name in that episode?

First thing I thought when I saw the whole thing was, damn, this is going to be hilarious.
If I were them I would simply ignore it. Acknowledging it in the series in any way would only harm the series.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 00:14   Link #1486
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Ah, but Chieri is rather clearly hiding a warmer side underneath that she just doesn't know how (or, perhaps, is afraid) to express. Is Acchan the same?
Yeah, of course she's the same. Yuuko said so herself in the anime. Acchan was reserved mostly because she was shy.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-06-16 at 00:29.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 00:14   Link #1487
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
If I were them I would simply ignore it. Acknowledging it in the series in any way would only harm the series.
Yeah, I figured pretty much the same. I think Kawamori is just going to go through the scripts for the rest of the series, and make Orine succeed someone else altogether.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 00:19   Link #1488
sa547
*Author

Quote:

This is a much safer read compared to that online scandal sheet.

Let me reprint my reaction about fans talking about a possible retcon of Stage 6 (and other episodes referring to Sashihara):

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by undine235
question: given that sashihara rino is sorta not in AKB48 as of today... does anyone think the writers are gonna super casually retcon the last two episodes and take sashiko out? does that mean orine will aspire to be someone else? i'm a bit worried :/
I hope Satelite NOT and NEVER revamp all of Episode 6, because technically (and thankfully) Sasshi is still within the franchise, regardless of any team she's transferred to (considering that "Powerstation" Jurina has been in both SKE and AKB on most occasions, which some of us come to see as typical).
I find it more of a plus to have Sashihara transferred to HKT48, which is basically still new and consists of younger members, but somewhat been in the background for too long (compared to more prominent sister teams); those young'uns need a mother figure to look up to, just like Mariko Shinoda.

Also, it'll afford that young woman more time to relax and reflect while in Hakodate, away from the intense media scrutiny caused by her sudden meteoric rise (she ranked #4 in the franchise).
Old 2012-06-16, 01:51   Link #1489
mochichan

^
thank you for linking the Tokyohive article...I hate Sankaku....not just because that the site is so damn disgusting.....

Anyway know about the story like when the rumor came out 1, 2 days ago. Didn't expect that much of a blow up from it but looking at it now, AkiP handled the situation well to keep one of his top girl and and give her a shelter to wait out the storm.

Anyway about the anime, I doubt they'll actually mention it in the storyline lol.....

Quote:
Wait, weren't you one of the folks who supported killing off one of our innocent, lovely teenage girls for the sake of drama? Yet the idea of grinding up little floaty alien critters to make light sticks bothers you? What makes the kirara more worthy of protection than the girls?
I'm ok with character death. It happen in almost any anime......
grinding up bodies of glowing aliens is a different thing
the idea of grinding up any living being body..is...gross...
Old 2012-06-16, 05:52   Link #1490
Kitsu Breaker

A funny comparition
Spoiler for size:

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 06:53   Link #1491
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Yeah, of course she's the same. Yuuko said so herself in the anime. Acchan was reserved mostly because she was shy.
How much of that coldness is influence from the Mangaka? While we only saw Acchan a few times in the anime none of them she ever had that same cold expression it shows in Heart-gata.

Looking at visual resemblance, I will keep my bet on Nagisa becoming Acchan the 14th. The 11th, the 12th, the 13th, and even the 23th (from the future manga that happens on year 0098) looks similar to her.
Old 2012-06-16, 12:10   Link #1492
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
How much of that coldness is influence from the Mangaka? While we only saw Acchan a few times in the anime none of them she ever had that same cold expression it shows in Heart-gata.

Looking at visual resemblance, I will keep my bet on Nagisa becoming Acchan the 14th. The 11th, the 12th, the 13th, and even the 23th (from the future manga that happens on year 0098) looks similar to her.

Not so much the personality, but the fact that Nagisa herself wants to be Yuuko seems more like a red herring than anything, given Okada and Kawamori's track record. It like they're telling me she gonna succeed anyone BUT Yuuko
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 12:42   Link #1493
mochichan

Quote:

The cold expression is probably played off her personality of being introvert. Fans used to say Acchan can be cold sometimes but that's just she doesn't like talking alot. Her character is similar in AKB49 manga too

Nagisa look like the real Acchan too.

Not to mention her name come from NAGISA no chery (Chieri pun) which is a word play on Acchan's most infamous song, and most hated by her because it made her stand at the front.
I think something will happen later that will make Nagisa want to succeed Acchan.
Not to mention Nagisa character is very normal, not the type that stand out, which remind me of Acchan.
Old 2012-06-16, 12:44   Link #1494
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Not so much the personality, but the fact that Nagisa herself wants to be Yuuko seems more like a red herring than anything, given Okada and Kawamori's track record. It like they're telling me she gonna succeed anyone BUT Yuuko
That seemed something she just spontaneously said, not even noticing Yuuko would have to graduate for it to happen. Well whoever the girls succeed, I hope we at least have one doing so soon, I'm really curious about who will become who.
Old 2012-06-16, 13:04   Link #1495
Kazu-kun

Quote:
There's no way to tell how much of Acchan's personality in the manga is the mangaka's own take on the character, since she hasn't appeared in the anime at all, so there's no point of comparison. Still, since the portrayal of Kanata, Yuuko and the other girls is pretty much the same as in the anime, I'm inclined to think Acchan's personality would also be the same. Besides, in the anime Yuuko did say that Acchan was kinda like a different person on and out of stage, and this really shows in the manga.

Nagisa might succeed Acchan, who knows.... all I'm saying is that in terms of personality, Chieri is just like her (and she plays the piano to boot lol).
Old 2012-06-16, 14:34   Link #1496
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

I also managed to read gachi na yatsu, the 4th spin-off manga, which is totally a shounen adventure, with male MC to boot.

Guess we know who is the AKB0048 is for, and it isn't for the aniota who would want DVDs which gives them steam removed nudity and fanservice OVAs.

A shame really.
Old 2012-06-16, 14:39   Link #1497
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
A shame really.
I think it's a good thing they don't cater to the fanservice crowd. But that's just me.
Old 2012-06-16, 18:23   Link #1498
chaosprophet

Quote:
I also managed to read gachi na yatsu, the 4th spin-off manga, which is totally a shounen adventure, with male MC to boot.

Guess we know who is the AKB0048 is for, and it isn't for the aniota who would want DVDs which gives them steam removed nudity and fanservice OVAs.

A shame really.
Actually it does seems each manga is supposed to cater to different fanbases. For instance, Episode 0 seems more like a shoujo, while the one you mentioned more of shounen. I do even remember someone mentioning it before that was planned by that top guy on the AKB group trying to reach all kinds of audiences?
Old 2012-06-16, 23:19   Link #1499
Undertaker

Quote:

Quote:
Yeah, I figured pretty much the same. I think Kawamori is just going to go through the scripts for the rest of the series, and make Orine succeed someone else altogether.

Agree, besides AKB members comes and goes all the time. The anime didn't really specify on who and what constituted as original members that were qualified for succession.

Strictly speaking, only 20 can call 1st gen members and ATM there is currently only 5 left and soon to be 4.

And if you go by the first time they have three teams, then Sashi is not one of them either, as she was a 5th gen member or 2nd gen trainee. (A=1st, K=2nd, B=3rd)

but that getting off topic.

I'll leave the rest of my thoughts in the AKB thread instead

Anyway back to ep7:

Interesting on the "mirror-mirror on the wall" concept and we finally got some info on Chieri's runway as well as more detail on her background. She definitely still have some soft side in her.

I feel bad for the current Takamina, I actually like her better than Kanata right now and beside she got the chibi factor that Kanata doesn't. On the other hand, it was nice to see her teammates acknowledge her to be THE Takamina and goes after her...

BTW if anyone interest in live clips of insert songs, I can post them up, River is such an awesome song.
Old 2012-06-16, 23:43   Link #1500
mochichan

^
I CAN'T WAIT FOR RIVER PERFORMANCE!!
Since they practiced it in ep 7, it's definitely going to be in the next one.
OMFG...I want to see the stepping moves, even if it's CG lol

Quote:

A shame really.
I'm for it~ <3
Honestly it's not bad for their rep....and a storyline focus anime can appeal more to wider audience.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime